XP
Country
United States
Aeladya said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Aeladya said:
I am r4ymond said:
I Pirate.

I'm going to download both HG and SS. Buying the actual game is pretty useless since you have flashcarts. If you buy the actual game, then what is the flashcart for? If it's just for a little Tamagotchi-like toy, then that's stupid. You'll eventually throw away that thing.

So we don't have to wait a week for an AP cheat or crack...I'm buying one and my sister is buying the other...then we'll copy each others game.

The Japanese Pokemon games had AP cracked within like what, hours? I don't see Nintendo going full-throttle here if they didn't for the Japanese one. Pokemon is already rather popular so that people would buy it regardless of the AP crack. I guess there's a real feeling of difference with having "your cart" with "your team" on it, instead of just some downloaded ROM with an easily tweekable save.

Still, I don't see too much of a point to buying this. Raise your hand if you played the Japanese version through and through already! I think you can just keep the save on your Japanese game and play the game in English.

I know, I was just being sarcastic. I need to own a legit copy though. Unfortunately Nintendo frowns upon ROMs during competitions...

I rofl'd. Also, to those saying crap about the Pokewalker: It's part of the game, and certain things are needed ingame with it. It's why I wonder how selling this game will work, since it has a peripheral.

Reserved Heartgold and paid it off today, btw. I may be a pirate, but I still prefer to own the games. I buy games I want to stay good, pirate games I either cannot find or don't care about the company.

omegaultima

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's actually some in-game stuff you can only get with the pokewalker.
Like exclusive pokemon(I think about 20 or so) and items..assuming you don't use cheats to get em.

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pokewalkers? like those stepmometer (or however their spelled). Didn't they use to have those for digimon? Ahhhh i remember when kids in school would be shaking those thing like crazy to get them to digivolve in school under their desk and in their pockets....looked so wrong i wonder if i'm going to see it again lol:rofl:.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
Definitely. Not only for the Pokewalker, but because this is a series I enjoy and want to support. I've been playing Pokemon since first buying Red way back in the 90s.

This

(I have been posting 'This' a lot lately, why can't I have an original thought?)

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
_Chaz_ said:
TM2-Megatron said:
Definitely. Not only for the Pokewalker, but because this is a series I enjoy and want to support. I've been playing Pokemon since first buying Red way back in the 90s.

This

(I have been posting 'This' a lot lately, why can't I have an original thought?)

Great mind thinks alike?

Princess Rozalin

†GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†
Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
Well i Already Reserved Both And i already have a Acekard AKAIO 1.5.1

Reason why i Plan to buy it

1) Gold was one of the Best game i Bought when i Was little.I Plan to buy the Remake of this Great Game.

2)I Might be a Disgaea Fan but i am Also a Pokemon Fan.

3) I Plan to Support a Great Company Like this who makes Games Entertaining like Pokemon.If they make a Game Worth Playing i Plan to Buy it instead of Pirating them so more in the Future they can make More Great Games like these.

4) Also for the Pokewalker and the Figurine i still have my Platinum Giratina Figurine.

silleeel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dont fancy paying for another pokemon game thats basically the same game that was released bck in the early 90's but with a new lick of paint on! And yes it may be a remake but every pokemon is pretty much the same game!

I dont even think ill pirate it as ill need space on my flashcart for Infinite Space, Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey and Sonic Collection!
smile.gif

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
outgum said:
Im definatly Buying Soul Silver, however im not going to open it, ill DL the rom once i brought it, and play the ROM, and keep the Legit copy Boxed
Erm, but what about the Pokewalker? Need the ir on the card for it to work...

don_eno

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
pokemon silver was the first and the best pokemon game i have ever played. age doesn't mater. i stoped watching pokemon since i was 16 but i sill play the games because they are good and better than other similar games on ds like digimon, rune factory or monster rancher.

orangedoll

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm planning to buy SS. I own the old silver and played it on the original gameboy (yea that 1989 gameboy). I still have that old platform.. somewhere in my stuffs..! Can't wait for SS XD

HuBu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I am new here.

Do you find GS will be checking carts with their Pichu promotion? Or can I just walk in there and download the Pichu and then walk out?

crystal107

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I will buy soulsilver, this version has more pokemons I want. I can pirate but the pokewalker sounds cool
smile.gif
besides,
I have original: Pokemon Crystal, Pokemon FireRed, Pokemon Ruby, Pokmeon Sapphire, Pokemon Emerald, Pokemon Platinum - I won't give up on adding soulsilver to my small collection
smile.gif
I rarely buy games.. but those are worth it
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4