Status
Not open for further replies.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
- Find a unpatched Switch, on FB Marketplace, a local shop that sells preowned Switches, or a place like eBay. This will be your cheapest option. You’ll have to be patient and sort through serial codes but you WILL find one eventually
It took my dad TWO MONTHS to find a 3DS, which there are about 30M of. Unpatched units are RARER.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It took my dad TWO MONTHS to find a 3DS, which there are about 30M of. Unpatched units are RARER.
After saw your posts, you are better off to give up and move on.

Enough with whining. You have choice to be a man and find unpatched Switch or give up entirely, also don't be cheap.

Balorin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's nice. We aren't talking about the 3DS. You're right, though: unpatched units are rarer than a 3DS is, however, that doesn't negate my point in the slightest: You can still find a unpatched switch if you put in effort instead of bitching on the internet about it.

You've been told what resources you have at your disposal by several people. You know what your options are.

Either do what everyone else does and sort through places and sites yourself, eventually finding one or stop whining like a petulant spoiled child.

Even when/IF you do get a unpatched switch...based on your responses, you won't do well with the maintenance needed.

This isn't like the 3DS; Eventually you'll have to update the console in order to play specific games, and along with that, deal with updating other components (like sigpatches) if you wish to play backups/emulation/homebrew.

lufeig

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's nice. We aren't talking about the 3DS. You're right, though: unpatched units are rarer than a 3DS is, however, that doesn't negate my point in the slightest: You can still find a unpatched switch if you put in effort instead of bitching on the internet about it.

You've been told what resources you have at your disposal by several people. You know what your options are.

Either do what everyone else does and sort through places and sites yourself, eventually finding one or stop whining like a petulant spoiled child.

Even when/IF you do get a unpatched switch...based on your responses, you won't do well with the maintenance needed.

This isn't like the 3DS; Eventually you'll have to update the console in order to play specific games, and along with that, deal with updating other components (like sigpatches) if you wish to play backups/emulation/homebrew.
then there will be another thread here complaining about the current hack and demanding a new one: easier to use, which won't require any user intervention to update components, which will accept fast nvme ssd's instead of the slow and 'easy to find fake' micro sd's, 120fps, and the list goes on...

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gbatemp is not even the shadow it once was. So many people giving meaningless answers to a guy who is really just asking for answers. To the guy who said "Just pay for it" At least you have the luxury to try out pirated games even if you buy your "games".

I understand that people ask some related answered questions, but is the negativity really neccessary? All of you were once rookies in this field, and people come to GBAtemp for support not to be barked off.

I am sometimes really dissapointed how GBAtemp has changed so much since then. But at least there also good people in here who take their times to be there for others.

To OP.

Sadly modschips are quite hard to get. Your best bet would be try to find an unpatched unit, just keep looking and eventually who knows, you may cross path with an unpatched one ^^ because they went off production around 2018. I wish you luck in your journey and find one that meets your expectations^^

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gbatemp is not even the shadow it once was. So many people giving meaningless answers to a guy who is really just asking for answers. To the guy who said "Just pay for it" At least you have the luxury to try out pirated games even if you buy your "games".

I understand that people ask some related answered questions, but is the negativity really neccessary? All of you were once rookies in this field, and people come to GBAtemp for support not to be barked off.

I am sometimes really dissapointed how GBAtemp has changed so much since then. But at least there also good people in here who take their times to be there for others.

To OP.

Sadly modschips are quite hard to get. Your best bet would be try to find an unpatched unit, just keep looking and eventually who knows, you may cross path with an unpatched one ^^ because they went off production around 2018. I wish you luck in your journey and find one that meets your expectations^^
Its hard to help someone who can't except the answers they are given, learn to except you don't always get your own way.

Reactions: stayingarmed

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Forget about pirating games.

Enjoy the hardware you have. Buy a title, play it then trade it for another. The Nintendo ecosystem is always robust for resale so this way you'll get a lot of play for not much money spent.

The rest isn't worth stressing about. Games are supposed to be fun.

Reactions: lufeig

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

To OP.

If this was a new user where this was his first thread, maybe you might be right. But this is far from that. Not only has he posted similar threads asking for similar solutions but he has also turned down every single piece of advice thrown his way, both good & bad. Some users may have felt pity at first but since he continues to do this, everyone has lost their patience. Not to mention that his responses are actually entitled and selfish. Look no further than when he says that having to pay $60 for a game he wants is a bad thing. Being able to play games at all is a luxury and hacking a console is a step up. You have definitely not read any of his previous threads including this one so I reiterate, the negativity is absolutely called for.

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're savvy enough, buy a broken v1 and fix it up. I managed to find a v1 Switch with yellow joycons and a 256gb sd card for $180. It was a pretty damn good deal, and all I had to do was replace a capacitor that the seller messed up when trying to solder a trinket chip.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this was a new user where this was his first thread, maybe you might be right. But this is far from that. Not only has he posted similar threads asking for similar solutions but he has also turned down every single piece of advice thrown his way, both good & bad. Some users may have felt pity at first but since he continues to do this, everyone has lost their patience. Not to mention that his responses are actually entitled and selfish. Look no further than when he says that having to pay $60 for a game he wants is a bad thing. Being able to play games at all is a luxury and hacking a console is a step up. You have definitely not read any of his previous threads including this one so I reiterate, the negativity is absolutely called for.
Yeah, I agree, I love to help if members are serious or have productive discussion instead of play games with other members.

It appears that some members want to get around difficult or impossible solution, so they want to have easy solution, but sometime, we don't have easy solution, unfortunately. I don't know about what OP wants.

I usually avoid posts about piracy because I don't condone the piracy and I use my hacked Switch for save edits and save backup, that it. If someone post about need help to find Switch to play pirated games, I'm unwilling to help. The piracy in Switch led Nintendo to find an excuse about why they cracked on modders down and patched the Switch's bottom, so it did hurt someone who want hacked Switch for non-piracy purposes.

Instead of give up, I encourage OP to find hacked Switch, regardless on prices and encourage OP to not use for piracy purpose, so OP need to accept the reality about cost may be not cheap as like before. If it is money issues, I encourage OP to find good paying job and not sure about how healthy is job market in his country. It is not my intent to say negative about OP but just want to help OP.

Balorin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

To OP.

The negativity is absolutely warranted in this thread; I empathized with OP originally, despite reading the thread. I saw how entitled and negative they were, dismissing any answers that weren’t “oh yeah there’s a hack for V2 now” and frankly….most people in this thread DID try to help.

The help was either ignored, or OP found a way to complain about it. It seemed like they wanted to be offered a free V1 or to be told something that just doesn’t exist. (Another place to get the mod chip, a software hack for V2, etc.)

I’m ALL for helping newbies out. As you say — we were all rookies once. But when someone acts like a brat and the world owes them something? I treat them accordingly. I have no time to beat around the bush when the person acts as OP is.

It is clear that OP isn’t looking for real answers. They are looking for either: A. an easy software solution that does NOT exist right now for the V2/lite/OLED, or B. a free/cheap V1 Switch. Which, short of him fixing a broken one, also most likely isn’t happening.

What they are NOT looking for, are the actual answers that myself, and countless others in this thread have given them.

Reactions: VeniaSilente

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's going to be funny if we get a soft PS5 hack before we get a Mariko/Switch Lite/Switch OLED soft hack.

If we had a soft OLED Switch hack, I'd buy one in a heart beat, and give my friend my current hacked Switch. :P

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And when will it exist. All the devs/hackers focus their work on ONLY unpatched switches instead of focusing on how to make Mariko switch hacking actually possible.
all thats a blatant lie. the dev of atmosphere (the only cfw thats still being updated) has combed thro the markio units (im unsure of if they have, or had the time to go thro lite and Oleds) saying essentially that unless Nintendo screws up in a firmwire update, softmod is very unlikely to ever happen. Also how can someone know when somethings gonna be released when no one has heard anything bout said thing.

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And when will it exist.
Honestly, probably never. And guess what, unless you're paying the scene devs' bills, you are not entitled to complain that they "focus their work on ONLY unpatched switches". They work for free to make the software that we use, exploits included, and on the day they decide to focus all their efforts on porting Skyrim to a toaster oven (or is Bethesda working on that already?), that's a right they more than earned, and you don't get to complain about it.

Now, if you start paying their bills for them, maybe you'd be entitled to an opinion on what they should be doing in their free time. So open up that wallet or shut up that gullet.

Reactions: VeniaSilente
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol