Hacking So, Sandisk 4GB MicroSDHC is gonna work on CycloDS

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
well there's no reason why it shouldn't work.
It was officially announced that the CycloDS Evo supports Micro SDHC.
So yeah, it should work. If it doesn't, post it here and we'll talk to the cyclops team.

edit: 5000possum

4ppleseed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's great! I'm gonna get one and try it out
biggrin.gif
I'll report back once it comes.

I think £39.99 is a pretty good price too.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, please let us know how fast it is. Do some testing with PoR, and see if it locks up in the usual spots. That's the only reason why I'm reluctant to get one, I don't know if they're any good or not. I mean, they're Sandisk.

Darth_Small

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got a Sandisk 4gb MicroSDHC and a CycloDS earlier this week. It seems to work so far, although I haven't tried Castlevania:PoR yet.

It came with a usb reader as well so I haven't tried it with the reader that came with the CycloDS.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was going to get one, but seeing as prices have been dropping heaps. Theres some on eBay going for 60 USD shipped to the US (and 65 to Australia
frown.gif
)

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My 4gb micro SDHC came in today and I've been testing it with my cyclods evo.

cycloevo.jpg

Yes, the card reader that comes with the cyclods evo are SDHC compatible. With the 4gb micro sd I tried Castlevania DoS (it played the intro perfectly), Castlevania PoR ( I played it for 1 hr straight and it did not freeze at all, including the portals and talking to Wind), and pokemon pearl (works fine, no wii connection). There was also no slowdowns in the other games that I tried so far.

I do have to say that 4gb is too much. I currently have 70 untrimmed DS roms with saves in the card and I still have over a gig left on the card. A cyclods evo plus a 4gb micro sd equals to an expensive but amazing combo.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

cycloevo.jpg

Yes, the card reader that comes with the cyclods evo are SDHC compatible. With the 4gb micro sd I tried Castlevania DoS (it played the intro perfectly), Castlevania PoR ( I played it for 1 hr straight and it did not freeze at all, including the portals and talking to Wind), and pokemon pearl (works fine, no wii connection). There was also no slowdowns in the other games that I tried so far.

I do have to say that 4gb is too much. I currently have 70 untrimmed DS roms with saves in the card and I still have over a gig left on the card. A cyclods evo plus a 4gb micro sd equals to an expensive but amazing combo.

Here's my big question... With 70 untrimmed games on there, was there any longer time to load the menu or anything, because if not... I think I see what my next Slot-1 device is to replace the DS-X.

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's my big question... With 70 untrimmed games on there, was there any longer time to load the menu or anything, because if not... I think I see what my next Slot-1 device is to replace the DS-X.

The load times were the same with the 4GB micro sdhc (with 70 roms) and my 1GB Kingston japanese microsd. The amount of stuff in the micro sd didn't affect the load times.. The 4gb micro sd cost $60 shipped and $58 for the cyclods evo shipped. $118 is alot, but it's still cheaper than the 2GB DS-X.

QUOTEDon't you put any videos or music on it too?
blink.gif
I have a mp3 player for music and a laptop for movies. No need to put that stuff in my Cyclods evo.

4ppleseed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

cycloevo.jpg

WooohOO!
I've placed my order now. Thanks for your feedback
wink2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu