Hardware so my 3ds is messed up and want to know what arew the chances of it being replaced by a new one

ars25

I like tacos and pie
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soo my whole problem is that my N3ds Xl's charging port is loose now as it will not charge is it moves around so i still have my warranty and all from nintendo but my question is what are my chances of my system getting replaced completely. the reason being is that i don't want to go though the whole a9lh process again. also if i install shadownand the a9lh will be undetectable right?

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It helps to use Google sometimes.

This happened to me before. Even repaired a friend's 3DS by doing this. The only thing I can think of that would mean actual opening and repair would be the jack itself is breaking off the PCB. In which, you would have to solder a new port on. Might as well do a hard mod while you're at it if you go down that road...

Otherwise, this should do it.

And yes, there are also videos that show you how to do this for YOUR PHONE.

Most of the time, it's just wear & tear & grime. Never buy a new power adapter again... And accidents happen. You drop it while plugged in and it tears the plug out, etc. Relax, we all do it. Especially while paying Smash Bros. .

Last edited by Osmosis,

Gara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Nintendo even do actual repairs on warranty claims? My experience is limited but I am under the impression that most claims just get a refurbished system sent back.

Glyptofane

🇵🇸
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They almost always just send back an updated refurb. You'll also usually lose your LE system if you have one and just get a red or black one in return.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Nintendo even do actual repairs on warranty claims? My experience is limited but I am under the impression that most claims just get a refurbished system sent back.

I once sent in my GameBoy and they basically sent me the latest hardware GB. But it requires paying the repair/shipping cost. It was better than buying a new one, and it had better hardware than my original!

So yeah, they'll upgrade/replace you if under warranty, but it's cost saving for Nintendo to simply replace it and scrap your old system. So don't expect your 1st born LE whatever to return to you in working condition.

They'll just pull extra stock off the shelf and throw yours on a pile of "rejects".

Man, I'd love to work for Nintendo and actually repair those systems. You know how much fun that would be?

Oh, and they do this for your plush Pokemon as well. What they do not fix is the dog who eats your plushes out of spite. The warranty doesn't cover "the pokemon that ate it". And if it's a LE like a gold Magikarp, go ahead and cry.

WHAT YOU CAN DO:

Go buy a new one. Switch the LE casing. Send in the new one with bad hardware under new warranty and get another system that works! You're still buying a second system, but why not double up instead of down?

Whatever you choose, I'd be pretty worried about sending an Arm9loaderhaxed system back to Nintendo. Don't feed the trolls...

Otherwise, go get a soldering gun and learn to solder. Go buy a replacement port and good luck! Might as well Hard Mod the thing while you're at it.

Or find someone who will do it for you... This is GBATemp. Offer to cover shipping + repair costs and I'm sure someone will do it for you...

Last edited by Osmosis,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night