Hacking So Maybe Monday Will Be The Day....

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If they are going to put a stop to the trucha stuff then hopefully they will use the US as a testing ground
smile.gif

jaxxster

The Heretic
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I'd like to think nintendo wont patch it but theve got an obligation to patch it due to it being a security issue as it could easily lead to "malicious code being ran to cause harm to a users device" blah blah stuff.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is already cracking down on Flashcards for the NDS from what I heard and read. Gameyeeah basically pulled all of them off the shelves and stopped selling them now as well as a couple other places. Perhaps the Wii is next? They could block you from the Wii store and block you from being able to download new files and from online play and such. I know each Wii has a unique identifier that Nintendo can use to block specific systems from their services if they wanted to.

Social0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Narin said:
Nintendo is already cracking down on Flashcards for the NDS from what I heard and read. G

Already cracking down? After what, 2 years?
tongue.gif

Wiiware titles will just be downloadble on monday for people that wanna use wads.

Probably no updates needed that way!

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
But Wiiware is just an extra option in the Shop Channel. Why would there be an update? You'll just log onto the shop and it will be different won't it?

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wiiware from japan has already been put on Wiis in the ntsc-u and pal region. If you want the Wiiware, why not download the wad like your doing now? its been proven that the update is not required so don't download it...

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deba94 said:
Wiiware from japan has already been put on Wiis in the ntsc-u and pal region. If you want the Wiiware, why not download the wad like your doing now? its been proven that the update is not required so don't download it...
Because that's piracy.

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Miles said:
deba94 said:
Because that's piracy.
If you're stating its piracy, then i assume you do not install these wads. And if you don't install these wads, why should you be worried or even post in this thread?

memorris

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Miles said:
deba94 said:
Because that's piracy.
All stressed out and no one to choke.
rolleyes.gif

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deba94 said:
Miles said:
deba94 said:
Because that's piracy.
If you're stating its piracy, then i assume you do not install these wads. And if you don't install these wads, why should you be worried or even post in this thread?
Because I saw the thread title in the thread listing and was wondering what was going on Monday.
Also the only wads I've installed were homebrew and some injecting N64 ROMs into games VC games I already own.
I haven't even touched WiiWare wads.
Actually the only N64 game I got working is one that wasn't even released on the N64, regardless anyone who preordered Wind Waker would have got OoT Master Quest, which I did.
It's true I'm in the legal grey area, and that ROMs that I haven't manually dumped are indeed still illegal, but I will not condone blatant piracy, and either way the rules state no piracy discussion.
It's one thing to discuss matters like ROMs and homebrew, it's another to discuss pirating new games.

jaxxster

The Heretic
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Miles said:
deba94 said:
Miles said:
deba94 said:
Because that's piracy.
Because I saw the thread title in the thread listing and was wondering what was going on Monday.
Also the only wads I've installed were homebrew and some injecting N64 ROMs into games VC games I already own.
I haven't even touched WiiWare wads.
Actually the only N64 game I got working is one that wasn't even released on the N64, regardless anyone who preordered Wind Waker would have got OoT Master Quest, which I did.
It's true I'm in the legal grey area, and that ROMs that I haven't manually dumped are indeed still illegal, but I will not condone blatant piracy, and either way the rules state no piracy discussion.
It's one thing to discuss matters like ROMs and homebrew, it's another to discuss pirating new games.

not to sound rude but.....do you know what forum you're on? What do you think the majority of us are doing here? Excuse me if im wrong here but where does it state no piracy disscusion?

harrybuttox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I'm uninstalling my homebrew and hacked channels from my wii as we speak. Once I hear its safe, I'll install them back. Most likely it won't do anything tomorrow, but I don't want to risk it. I am actually going to buy Dr.Mario tomorrow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: there a bunch of good games missing, one of them (which makes a lot of sense for this type of...