GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I missed some drama around here, but I figured I'd try to brighten the board up a bit with an actual post related to DS.

Currently playing Galactrix and a little bit of Peggle. Peggle worked out really well on DS, and it will be nice to have whenever the mood strikes. Galactrix, however...well, it's a love/hate thing for me. The game itself is really well conceived, I think, but the input recognition is pretty hit & miss. I'm about 12 hours in, and it's been very frustrating. I love the space thing, like the story, and the new zero-G, hexagonal board is great. Just wish they had done a better job calibrating the sensitivity.

Anyway...back to Im Inylo's scheduled program of...well, whatever the hell it is he/she is doing.
rolleyes.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZeroEXE93 said:
Are the loading times really as bad as I've heard? =/

Loading times are rather short, but it's the fact that you have to contend with loading screens so often that really makes it a bummer. But it's not a deal breaker, as far as I'm concerned. However, the poor screen sensitivity definitely will frustrate the hell out of a lot of people. Now, I've heard some folks claim they haven't really had a problem with it, but both my wife and I and a couple of online buddies I spoke with also complained about it. It's really noticeable when you're under the gun trying to hack Leap Gates.

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmm... I'll stick with PPL for now.

I'm extremely bored of the DS- nothing seems to catch my attention.

maybe Corno trigger will do- so long as its not another turn based.

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Been playing Phantasy Star 4 with jEnesisDS. Almost done... don't want to finish it. Don't want one of the best RPGs ever to end ;_;

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Icey said:
We should just rename this the 'Currently Playing' thread.
Peggle for me. Trying my best to unlock Peggle Nights and beat it before GTA comes out.

happy.gif

Yeah, I was really just trying to break up the chain of threads that kid was spamming here the other day. But come to think of it, I guess we really don't have a "what are you currently playing" thread.

Still playing Galactrix, though, but I'm also back doing more DQV, which I'm so in love with, by the way. As far as old-school RPGs go, it still feels very fresh to me. And the amount of love that went into remaking this thing...it's just an amazing little game.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acheron said:
is DQV a direct sequel to DQIV? i havnt played either yet, do you recommend playing IV first?

Yeah, the DQ series is much like the FF series in that the games are each stand-alone. And I agree with the last poster -- DQV is, in my opinion, a much better game overall. Probably the seminal title in the series.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The one thing that was nice to DQIV (to me anyway) was each chaper you got to jump into the characters shoes and pretty much live their life......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.