Hacking So is there any reason to get gateway over Sky3ds?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not having to press a button on the flashcart for every game cycle is pretty nice. :P

A friend also accidentally wiped all his save data from his Sky3ds by (I think) removing a game with diskwriter & not switching the loaded game before pulling the card out(?)
Also if Nintendo ever decides to block Sky3ds your SOL as wear gateway has Emunand.

mrbits

Trophies
XP
Country
No prob, I didn't realise myself until recently. It's part of the reason I am still unsure about bothering with gateway

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
I would, thanks, but I spent what I could afford on my n3DS. I was gutted at first when I realised I couldn't mod on 9.8, but now I know I can run SNES and DS games on an R4/DSTWO and, if I want to, 3DS games on Sky, I don't mind so much. And I'm sure a 9.8 exploit will be found eventually :)

mrbits

Trophies
XP
Country
I would, thanks, but I spent what I could afford on my n3DS. I was gutted at first when I realised I couldn't mod on 9.8, but now I know I can run SNES and DS games on an R4/DSTWO and, if I want to, 3DS games on Sky, I don't mind so much. And I'm sure a 9.8 exploit will be found eventually :)

No worries. I'm on the fence about keeping the gateway and the 9.0 ds (I have another one on 9.4). Sky is so easy to use, but with gateway you can use cias and stuff.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
True, but don't cias have to be installed onto internal SD? I think I'd rather inject a private header and play from the flashcart with a Sky. The only downside is having to cycle through using the blue button.

mrbits

Trophies
XP
Country
True, but don't cias have to be installed onto internal SD? I think I'd rather inject a private header and play from the flashcart with a Sky. The only downside is having to cycle through using the blue button.

I think you can put them on emunand, not sure. The only downside with the sky is because no cia support you can't use eshop things.

mrbits

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, with gateway you install cias to the emunand.

Well, you can install to sysnand as well now I guess.

I don't really see the point of using the sysnand for anything once you have emunand going. If you accidentally update emunand at least you can reinstall it (though you lose your cia stuff)

Reactions: usernametaken

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Now I've managed to order a DSTWO I'm not so annoyed about being on 9.8. Playing SNES games is my number one priority :yaynds:
Where did you find a DSTWO?!

I'd like to get one, but they're pretty hard to come by. I keep waiting for a DSTWO+ to appear, but I've decided that it's never going to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: