Hacking So is there any reason to get gateway over Sky3ds?

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah ok, thank you for clarifying. I'm not 100% sure I understand the difference between emunand and sysnand. Am I correct in thinking that sysnand is the FW version which is actually installed in the console (through the built in system update) and emunand is like a virtual FW provided by the Gateway? So the built in FW version stays at or below 9.2 so the GW can still work, and the emunand gets updated with more recent versions so that newer software can run which requires the later versions. Is that correct?

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks. Just been searching and unless I'm missing something there is no way to downgrade sysnand. Is anybody working on this? Would love to get down to 9.2 so I can use GW.

dedChar

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks. Just been searching and unless I'm missing something there is no way to downgrade sysnand. Is anybody working on this? Would love to get down to 9.2 so I can use GW.
I don't think that they are working on something like that (or if it is even possible).
If it was possible however, i think it would require a hardmod.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
I remember back when I modded my DS Lite I had to short out two pins on the PCB which IIRC made one of the ROM chips rewriteable, and an exploit then wrote a patched FW version which allowed unsigned code to run. But I guess it would be too much to ask for anything like that to be possible with the 3DS models ;)

mrbits

Trophies
XP
Country
Or if you need cubic Ninja and that cart is higher priced then a sky3ds.

That was the case for me. OOT was also not much cheaper than buy a sky. Best to have both really, you can't go wrong. At least if you accidentally update you can still play with sky :) (plus don't have to do the browser exploit which is good while traveling). Gateway has a lot more features though. I got both for a bit over £110, worth it in the long run.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
I read something about that too but didn't really understand it. I'm sure I read that the Sky stores a record of which games have been installed and even if you format the SD card you can't install different games. Is that really correct?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.