agiov

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi, i have a problem with my brother's old 3ds,
in 2017 he downloaded cfw etc, and since then everything ok, in 2019 he tried to install another cfw on the already modified firmware to get modified pokemon on ruby pokemon and since then the screens have become all black and the 3ds only shows the led of power on that stays solid blue, it said it crashed when it tried to install another modified firmware (don't know how to say it) over the already modified one, is there any solution to this?
(sorry for the english)

FriendlyPolygon

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Probably haven't updated Luma to the required minimum version for new firmware
Post automatically merged:

Its probably not fatal, maybe you just need to copy required files to SD card? (cfw won't launch without these if there wasn't CTRNand installed)

agiov

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Probably haven't updated Luma to the required minimum version for new firmware
Post automatically merged:

Its probably not fatal, maybe you just need to copy required files to SD card? (cfw won't launch without these if there wasn't CTRNand installed)
so the problem is not having downloaded a modified firmware on an already modified firmware?

I also tried to update luma by replacing the old files in the sd with the new ones but nothing happens, everything is always black

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If you turn off the 3DS and hold down Select when you start the 3DS again. Do you get a menu?

FriendlyPolygon

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
so the problem is not having downloaded a modified firmware on an already modified firmware?

I also tried to update luma by replacing the old files in the sd with the new ones but nothing happens, everything is always black
Have you tried to boot it while holding SELECT?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Remove SD, remove game cart and try again.

Wait a few minutes after turning on.

In case none of this shows any positive result, then please try ntrboot into GodMode9.
========

From the hardware perspective a missing/badly connected/defective WiFi card can also cause this.

agiov

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Rimuovi la SD, rimuovi il carrello del gioco e riprova.

Attendere qualche minuto dopo l'accensione.

Nel caso in cui nulla di tutto ciò mostri alcun risultato positivo, prova ntrboot in GodMode9.
========

Dal punto di vista dell'hardware, anche una scheda WiFi mancante/collegata male/difettosa può causare questo problema.
unfortunately godmode I can't open it, the question of the wifi card I don't think it has something to do with it since the nintendo went completely black when he tried to install the other modification on the 3ds

zeldaxlink64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
unfortunately godmode I can't open it, the question of the wifi card I don't think it has something to do with it since the nintendo went completely black when he tried to install the other modification on the 3ds
Is luma/payloads on the SD card, and is GodMode9.firm in there?

Also, have you tried deleting the extdata?
  1. Power off your console
  2. Insert your SD card into your computer
  3. Navigate to the /Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/extdata/00000000/ folder on your SD card
  4. Delete the corresponding folder for your 3DS region:
    • EUR Region: 00000098
    • JPN Region: 00000082
    • USA Region: 0000008f
    • CHN Region: 000000A1
    • KOR Region: 000000A9
    • TWN Region: 000000B1
  5. Reinsert your SD card into your console
If this does not work, you may need to ntrboot to GM9 and perform a CTRTransfer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto