Hacking So...is my N3DS dead?

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If decrypt 9 works via arm9 than how can a n3ds emunand fail to boot? Did this happen right after installing a CIA with big blue that's all?

barky65

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really confused by this problem. I thought a9lh made your system brick proof.... Why won't restoring a nand on top of this fix the issue? I almost want to go back to emunand now to be safe....

kingaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really confused by this problem. I thought a9lh made your system brick proof.... Why won't restoring a nand on top of this fix the issue? I almost want to go back to emunand now to be safe....

The protection (and nothing is 100%) doesn't protect you from hardware failure. This is what appears to be happening with the OP.

Also, the OP is kind of dumb in that he didn't keep a pre-A9LH backup handy like everyone tells you to do.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Brick proof isn't quite right. Even brick resistant isn't right, but recoverable, yes ( provided you have a backup laying around)

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
The protection (and nothing is 100%) doesn't protect you from hardware failure. This is what appears to be happening with the OP.

Also, the OP is kind of dumb in that he didn't keep a pre-A9LH backup handy like everyone tells you to do.

I'm one of the "dumb ones" because my hard drive blew up, and goodbye went my backups. However, I have successfully created an emunand 9.2.20 stock and flashed it back to another 3DS, so it is possible to create one from "scratch".

3dsn00b

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Then enter Safe Mode with A+R+L+Up and recovery updating to 10.7. It should keep your A9LH in tact.

I get a blank screen using the builds you provided with this link: https://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/

I tried all 3 of the latest builds. Reverting back to 5.4 I get the warning about an error has occurred. Using Safe Mode would brick you, or remove A9LH! Press any key to shutdown. I am guessing the new commits aren't ready to be released yet. I will wait until a proper release I guess. Thanks. :bow:

Edit: But something is interesting. When I accessed Safe Mode with the new commits. I get a blank screen, but the orange indicator LED lights up on the far right. Normally the blank screen when booting is not accompanied by the orange indicator.

Last edited by 3dsn00b,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I get a blank screen using the builds you provided with this link: https://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/

I tried all 3 of the latest builds. Reverting back to 5.4 I get the warning about an error has occurred. Using Safe Mode would brick you, or remove A9LH! Press any key to shutdown. I am guessing the new commits aren't ready to be released yet. I will wait until a proper release I guess. Thanks. :bow:

Edit: But something is interesting. When I accessed Safe Mode with the new commits. I get a blank screen, but the orange indicator LED lights up on the far right. Normally the blank screen when booting is not accompanied by the orange indicator.
New commits remove the warning because it's now safe to update with safe mode.

mokmoki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
please do update us if doing a Recovery Restore would fix your system. i was almost ready to jump the gun on A9LH but stories like this give me an irrational fear of proceeding. haha.

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I wait some more time to jump into A9LH, "hardware" problem after installing a game is strange, an emunand is more safe and easy to recover.

mokmoki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you can still have an emunand with A9LH, just saying. :P

edit: but yes, it's really strange to have a "hardware" problem after installing a game, i agree. :)

Last edited by mokmoki,

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please do update us if doing a Recovery Restore would fix your system. i was almost ready to jump the gun on A9LH but stories like this give me an irrational fear of proceeding. haha.
I wait some more time to jump into A9LH, "hardware" problem after installing a game is strange, an emunand is more safe and easy to recover.
you can still have an emunand with A9LH, just saying. :P
And also, there's no way of knowing for sure if A9LH caused it.

Last edited by Margen67,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would say go back in time, follow the guide appropriately and make a clean SYSNAND backup, then now write that backup back to sysnand (as it is one of the few things that still work) and send it back to Nintendo for repairs/warranty.
Of course you can try writing your oldest A9LH enabled sysnand and sending it like that, but that sure will look fishy as hell.

3dsn00b

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I would say go back in time
Good thing I picked up that Delorean the other day on ebay.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think he already has a hardmod, from memory
No hardmod. I am really bad with hardware. I don't even know how to use a drill properly.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1