Hacking So...is my N3DS dead?

3dsn00b

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
PS: Talking serious, perhaps it is a good idea to send it back as it is anyway.
I called Nintendo today. They gave me a free return label to print and send back to them. If there are costs in repairing it. I am more than happy to pay them to be honest. It's only fair I pay the price for doing things that I shouldn't be doing.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool man, let me take a ride some time, I have a couple of things to change too.

PS: Talking serious, perhaps it is a good idea to send it back as it is anyway.

Indeed....Nintendo won't refuse repair (though they almost undoubtedly will remove a9lh, and will probably bill you for whatever repairs it actually needs). My bet is that the NAND on your system is shot, and writing that little bit to it was the final nail in the coffin. This would explain being able to boot into other payloads...out of curiosity, have you tried creating an emunand out of your backup yet and loading that??

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Good thing I picked up that Delorean the other day on ebay.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No hardmod. I am really bad with hardware. I don't even know how to use a drill properly.
hard mod won't save you, like i said, we have the same problem and i have a hard mod + i have firmware's 2.1/9.2 9.5 10.3 10.4 10.5 10.6 and 10.7 none of them works, all of them will work as emunand but if i flash them to sysnand it will only boot a9lh when available and all my nand backups that dont have a9lh will just black screen instantly.

Reactions: 3dsn00b

3dsn00b

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hard mod won't save you, like i said, we have the same problem and i have a hard mod + i have firmware's 2.1/9.2 9.5 10.3 10.4 10.5 10.6 and 10.7 none of them works, all of them will work as emunand but if i flash them to sysnand it will only boot a9lh when available and all my nand backups that dont have a9lh will just black screen instantly.
Ahhh, thanks for clearing that up. The difference is, I can't boot with either EmuNAND or SysNand. Also, did you send yours in for repair? Or can are you fine with using EmuNAND?

Edit: I'm dumb, you have hardmod. lol. You wouldn't send that in...

Last edited by 3dsn00b,

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ahhh, thanks for clearing that up. The difference is, I can't boot with either EmuNAND or SysNand. Also, did you send yours in for repair? Or can are you fine with using EmuNAND?

Edit: I'm dumb, you have hardmod. lol. You wouldn't send that in...
i'm fine with emunand, it does all it need's and do you have a9lh on the not working sysnand? if not that's the reason you can't boot emunand, ther are couple of files on your nand and firm0 = sysnand 9.2 and firm 1 = for 10.0+ firm's and since firm0 is corrupt we can't boot 9. stuff but emunand with 10.7 is fine, and my emunand can be downgraded to 9.2 because then it uses firmware files from luma instead of the sysnand partition :c

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It had A9LH to begin with. All the SysNAND back ups I have are A9LH infused. SO, I'm pretty sure it's working.
right i remember you can open luma config and stuff, i see no reason why emunand is not working, try different firmware files and try no firmware files and try toggling settings in config about firmware files?

Reactions: astronautlevel

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i'm fine with emunand, it does all it need's and do you have a9lh on the not working sysnand? if not that's the reason you can't boot emunand, ther are couple of files on your nand and firm0 = sysnand 9.2 and firm 1 = for 10.0+ firm's and since firm0 is corrupt we can't boot 9. stuff but emunand with 10.7 is fine, and my emunand can be downgraded to 9.2 because then it uses firmware files from luma instead of the sysnand partition :c
I don't think that's how FIRM works. FIRM1 is just a backup that's used when FIRM0 is corrupted.

Reactions: astronautlevel

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What about downgrading your emunand and then flashing it to the sysnand? Would that fix the problem or am I just talking out of my butt?
tried that already, nope, i have clean 9.2's and lot's of other backup's and also formatted 9.2 emunand's that i wrote to sysnand, they all work as emunand but won't boot as sysnand even though a9lh get's booted from the sysnand partion

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1