Hacking So.....is DSi XL compatible with Acekard 2i?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vania
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 5,357
  • Replies Replies 17

Vania

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Feb 10, 2010
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Trophies
0
Age
35
Location
Unknown World
XP
129
Country
Well today is the big day for the Europeans, so does anyone bought it and tried the Acekard 2i on it?

I still don't own any of the DS handheld, but I'm going to buy the XL if it confirms that AK 2i working on it.
 
Ofc it will work, it comes pre-loaded with the 1.4 Firmware, the XL just has bigger screens.

Don't panic, but is absolutely fine because they couldn't roll out the 1.5 update due to manufacturing already being started
tongue.gif
 
but since you've never owned a DS before you cant do the 1.4 fix on acekard2i without a DSPhat/Lite so you might want to make sure a friend has one or something first.
 
syko5150 said:
but since you've never owned a DS before you cant do the 1.4 fix on acekard2i without a DSPhat/Lite so you might want to make sure a friend has one or something first.
There is no need for me to worry about that, because I ordered my AK 2i from 0SZ, and it will come pre-installed with the 1.4 fix.
tongue.gif
 
Just picked up my DSi XL from Gamestation, and tested with the Acekard 2i - works fine, with Mr D.Phantom smiling away at me!
 
Yeah, don't bother worrying about it working or not, it's just a bigger DSi, if you already had a working cart for it, then it should still work on 1.4xFW
if not, just get a new cart, simple as that.
 
Rockstar said:
RupeeClock said:
I tried my Acekard 2i at my local Gamestation, in their DSi XL, didn't work.

I wonder why?
Was it updated for the 1.4 fix?
Of course, I have the Danny Phantom card working on my regular 1.4E DSi.
And despite that it wouldn't work on the 1.4E DSi XL at gamestation,
 
RupeeClock said:
Rockstar said:
RupeeClock said:
I tried my Acekard 2i at my local Gamestation, in their DSi XL, didn't work.

I wonder why?
Was it updated for the 1.4 fix?
Of course, I have the Danny Phantom card working on my regular 1.4E DSi.
And despite that it wouldn't work on the 1.4E DSi XL at gamestation,
That XL must have a bad game slot I guess
 
Rockstar said:
RupeeClock said:
Rockstar said:
RupeeClock said:
I tried my Acekard 2i at my local Gamestation, in their DSi XL, didn't work.

I wonder why?
Was it updated for the 1.4 fix?
Of course, I have the Danny Phantom card working on my regular 1.4E DSi.
And despite that it wouldn't work on the 1.4E DSi XL at gamestation,
That XL must have a bad game slot I guess
Don't see how, they were playing Mario Kart DS just fine.
 
RupeeClock said:
Rockstar said:
RupeeClock said:
Rockstar said:
RupeeClock said:
I tried my Acekard 2i at my local Gamestation, in their DSi XL, didn't work.

I wonder why?
Was it updated for the 1.4 fix?
Of course, I have the Danny Phantom card working on my regular 1.4E DSi.
And despite that it wouldn't work on the 1.4E DSi XL at gamestation,
That XL must have a bad game slot I guess
Don't see how, they were playing Mario Kart DS just fine.

Same for me! Have a european DSi XL since yesterday. Acekard2i (Akaio 1.6, 1.4ready) don't work at all. DSi XL is reporting an error!
 
gobi said:
Same for me! Have a european DSi XL since yesterday. Acekard2i (Akaio 1.6, 1.4ready) don't work at all. DSi XL is reporting an error!
Check your cart isn't a clone and check it works fine on a regular DSi.

RupeeClock's posts you quoted have already been ruled out as being a contact issue, and did indeed work on the DSi XL

QUOTE(RupeeClock @ Mar 5 2010, 03:38 PM) Ah, it looks like I should apologise.

I went back to Gamestation when I noticed some marks on my Acekard's contacts, to try the DSi XL again.

We were actually able to get it to work, it looks like there was actually a contact issue with my card, as it would crash most of the time.
Yet it usually runs without problems in my DSi, maybe the DSi XL slot is marginally different.

So, looks like I might just have to buy a replacement AK2i, lol.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted