Hacking So, I want to softmod my friend's Wii

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,771
  • Replies 9
D

Deleted User

OP
So you see, my friend desperately wants to have his Wii back to normal, and english language too. He has a semi-brick.....

But here's the problem, I believe his Wii is Japanese, but then again, I'm afraid his Wii is like mine, Japanese region converted to US region. And well, mine was also Japanese language, until I took a look on the Language Settings, english language since.

His Wii isn't softmodded, but hardmodded. I was thinking about fixing the semi-brick, then installing starfall (given that his firmware is 3.2), then using WAD Manager to install Gecko OS and Gamma 002 fix channels, all through Twilight Hack.

I don't know the details, but he said he ran the update from the game Pokemon Battle Revolution, and another few games as well. So yeah.....

What do you recommend? I was thinking about scanning his firmware (What region, not the number) through ARC, and start from there.

And no, I don't think I'll install HBC for him till he has an SD Card..... I think it'll be a long time before he could get an SD Card due to his strict parents.

Also, I've these questions:
1)Will Starfall hacks go away if I remove the .dol from the root of the sd card?
2)Any way to remove semi-brick through the apps that can be run through Twilight Hack?
3)Will changing the language of the Wii using ARC do any harm?

Thanks in advance....

D

Deleted User

OP
Anyone???

And well, his Twilight Princess is NTSC, so I know where to begin.

D

Deleted User

OP
AnyRegion Changer to see what region is his Wii.

I won't change the region, just the language, I suppose.

Anyway, I might as well go down the install HBC road, run my apps from there, and then uninstall HBC

D

Deleted User

OP
Nah, here it costs a plenty (RM90+).

Anyway, he won't be touching the Wii again after the end year holidays, and I doubt he'll get the SD Card soon.

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
afif95 said:
AnyRegion Changer to see what region is his Wii.

I won't change the region, just the language, I suppose.

Anyway, I might as well go down the install HBC road, run my apps from there, and then uninstall HBC
Use frimware downgraded by waniko but you need to install:
CIOS_fix.wad
IOS16-64-production.wad
But you need a custom wadmanager but you can find it in the oct 23 update fix thread.
But install IOS16-64-production.wad before installing CIOS_fix.wad than use frimware downgrader and install 3.2U and it will ask for a patch than click A than click the home button 3 times when it's done the patch.
happy.gif

D

Deleted User

OP
True, but I need to know if that fixes the semi-brick as well..... Oh, and I would also like to do this without a WiFi.

I think his WiFi connection is broken.

D

Deleted User

OP
Ah, okie dokie, will follow EoC's guide and start from there.

Now to confirm that his WiFi ain't broken... >__>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT-Cy-hap_Q