Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
... yay, and it took me half an hour to find this forum
smile.gif

Great resource, I already read a few threads and I guess i need to get the homebrew channel up and install some backup loader.
I already pandorra'd a few PSPs (which seems to be much scarier, in tems of brick-risk, compared to this
wink.gif
)
So I'm pretty sure I'll figure out all the details in the next few days.

Wel, somebody told me using a backup loader is really bad for the Wii's DVD-Drive and that it might break early. Is that true? Haven't seen anybody here mentioning that.

zyb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Alright, thanks for the info. In Germany we celebrate Christmas on the 24th, don't ask me why, but everybody over here already got their presents
smile.gif

K

Kurisuellegarden

If it's a newer firmware without a cIOS. You're going to need to downgrade it a pretty different way. :wtf:

I just had to do it recently. And by recently, I mean two days ago.

I had to downgrade a 3.3U without any prior cIOS so I had to do it a really weird way!

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK the backup loaders aren't any worse for the DVD drive than normal games. I recommend that you start by finding what system menu you're on, run the [Twilight Hack] for your menu, install the [HomeBrew Channel], and then [downgrade] to 3.2 (if your current menu is over that) and install [StarFall]. That should be a good base before you mess with anything else.
smile.gif
Merry Christmas!

K

Kurisuellegarden

I ended up having to use a custom Wad Manager to install some cios's and a cios_fix

Then I had a chance to install the right stuff to downgrade using waninkoko's downgrader then I had to delete ios 55 and had 30 and 36 ios on. =] I'm used to doing it the other way but you may have to do it this way if you get the same issue I had.

zyb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay tomorrow I'm going to have access to a Twilight Princess copy. So after I used TP-hack to install HBC, do I really need to downgrade? My Menu is 3.3E.

If I understand this correctly, I can stay on 3.3E, install HBC and a backup loader and be careful about what other homebrews I install, so I don't get bricked.

I know this means no StarFall, but if I don't mess with it too much I should be fine, shouldn't I?
smile.gif

I just ask, because Downgrading seems to be the risky part of this.

C

Chux

So my Parents got a Wii for Christmas and updated it to 3.4u. I'm currently downgrading it but I'm getting stuck while running the Custom IOS Downgrader v.12.

I'm getting this error:

Initializing network, please wait... ERROR! (ret = -116)

Any ideas?

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zyb said:
Wel, somebody told me using a backup loader is really bad for the Wii's DVD-Drive and that it might break early. Is that true? Haven't seen anybody here mentioning that.

100% false rumor.

zyb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Alright I'm now on 3.2 with Homebrew Channel and StarFall installed. Everything worked like a charm
smile.gif

Thanks guys for providing these helpful answers and tutorials!
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

QUOTE said:
So my Parents got a Wii for Christmas and updated it to 3.4u. I'm currently downgrading it but I'm getting stuck while running the Custom IOS Downgrader v.12.

I'm getting this error:

Initializing network, please wait... ERROR! (ret = -116)

Any ideas?

Topic hijacker...

Anyway zyb, glad to know you found your solution. WELCOME TO THE HOMEBREW COMMUNITY!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zyb said:
Alright I'm now on 3.2 with Homebrew Channel and StarFall installed. Everything worked like a charm
smile.gif

Thanks guys for providing these helpful answers and tutorials!
smile.gif

congrats zyb - now you can help others who have problems
biggrin.gif

Welcome on board

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
Kurisuellegarden said:
I ended up having to use a custom Wad Manager to install some cios's and a cios_fix

Then I had a chance to install the right stuff to downgrade using waninkoko's downgrader then I had to delete ios 55 and had 30 and 36 ios on. =] I'm used to doing it the other way but you may have to do it this way if you get the same issue I had.

ROFL xD at your sig. xDxDxD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids