PS1/2 So I got a PS3....

jphriendly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently inherited a free 80GB PS3 from my brother while on vacation (he won it at work and already had one) with a copy of Sonic and The Orange Box. I already installed Yellow Dog Linux and a bunch of emulators. I know that most things that you can do with other systems is pretty much out of the question at the moment such as loading backups and whatnot.

So, I was wondering, besides MegaBox, is there anything cool I can do with it that I haven't done already? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
smile.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jphriendly said:
I recently inherited a free 80GB PS3 from my brother while on vacation (he won it at work and already had one) with a copy of Sonic and The Orange Box. I already installed Yellow Dog Linux and a bunch of emulators. I know that most things that you can do with other systems is pretty much out of the question at the moment such as loading backups and whatnot.

So, I was wondering, besides MegaBox, is there anything cool I can do with it that I haven't done already? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
smile.gif

visit

http://www.youtube.com/xl

or

http://www.youtube.com/tv

and watch youtube full screen on your PS3 browser on your TV
smile.gif

or watch JOOST on it

using

http://labs.joost.com/tv

use PS HOME and have a wander about in a cool virtual enviroment and visit the EA home section where you can race carts and practice golf (driving range)

there's a few more games tucked away there too in hidden areas

(clue look for symbols on the walls like this
29xi_alternate_reality_p.jpg
its a portal to another dimension! )

there are also other spaces on there to visit such as Guitar Hero,Godfather 2,Red Bull air race (fly the Red Bull planes),Resident evil 5,warhawk, Buzz (play quizzes) and many more spaces and more to come
smile.gif

oh and download all the free demos you want from PSN store as demos are free there are some free game videos too that you can download or stream and watch
smile.gif

there's a crap load of great games out there read the recommended games section in the PS3 area of this forum
smile.gif

have a PSP? then you can use REMOTE PLAY to stream whatever your watching on the PS3 right to your PSP either across your home or via the net infact anywhere there is an internet connection ....you can access your PS3 ..connect your PC to your PS3 via PS3 Media Server and you can remote play the PS3 via your PSP and access the media on your PC and stream video and music to the PS3 and onto the PSP
smile.gif

there's loads of other cool stuff but I suggest visit the Playstation website for more info!

oh did i mention best thing with PS3 online gaming and the PS HOME is its TOTALLY FREE no subscriptions!

jphriendly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a PSP and I'm waiting for payday to get a few games (been playing alot of
Portal). Joost/Youtube on it sounds pretty cool. And I already signed up for PS Home. I thought it was kinda awesome that they give you an apartment of your own. Also the courtyard area with the movie theater...etc. I'll have to explore more and find these hidden areas.

I'm trying to stay away from the PS Store for the time being until I have some cash for a few things but I did grab a few videos. Maybe I'll hit the video store later today and see if there are any of the games Johnny suggested. Only one I have played was Burnout and that was the PC version.

Thanks for all the info and suggestions guys. Guess I'll poke around more (forums and PS Home) and see what else there is to be seen.
smile.gif

*edit* Ok...I'll add you when I get home later on this evening (I'm jphriendly on there as well). Got some running around to do and want to see what games the vid store has for rent, if any.
wink.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jphriendly said:
I don't have a PSP and I'm waiting for payday to get a few games (been playing alot of
Portal). Joost/Youtube on it sounds pretty cool. And I already signed up for PS Home. I thought it was kinda awesome that they give you an apartment of your own. Also the courtyard area with the movie theater...etc. I'll have to explore more and find these hidden areas.

I'm trying to stay away from the PS Store for the time being until I have some cash for a few things but I did grab a few videos. Maybe I'll hit the video store later today and see if there are any of the games Johnny suggested. Only one I have played was Burnout and that was the PC version.

Thanks for all the info and suggestions guys. Guess I'll poke around more (forums and PS Home) and see what else there is to be seen.
smile.gif

*edit* Ok...I'll add you when I get home later on this evening (I'm jphriendly on there as well). Got some running around to do and want to see what games the vid store has for rent, if any.
wink.gif

there's a demo version of BURNOUT PARADISE on the PSN store along with a load of other cool demos all free to download and free to play they are just not full versions or just a couple of levels of whatever enough though to give you a taste of what the real game is like
wink.gif

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jphriendly said:
smile.gif
Try this...........

ps3grill_2006-11-21.jpg

WHAT!.................. I thought it was cool.

jphriendly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
olliepop2000 said:
get a hi-def lead and watch some blu-ray movies

I'm currently using a HDMI/DVI-M cable to connect it to my 21 inch PC monitor. It looks awesome (if only I could figure out how to get Yellow Dog to fill up the whole screen, no biggie though). I may have to grab a movie or two as well just to see how good it looks.

@kobykaan....Thanks for all the info. I think I'm going to be pretty busy now with the rest of my weekend.
yay.gif

Anyways, I'm out of here for a while. I'll reply to any other suggestions when I get back later. Thanks again folks for all the help and ideas.
smile.gif

*edit* lol Mantis. Saw that in another thread here. That's some funny stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQqCfuxKoE