ROM Hack So far which Pokemon translation looks most promising?

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You act like they don't have short but nice logs. Both are crappy imo, but whatever.

You've already been spoonfed translations, you need to have opinions spoonfed too?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
adrian2040 said:
What a way to complain about a person asking for opinions on a forum...

QUOTE(adrian2040 @ Sep 12 2009, 07:49 PM) I'm sorry about double posting. The servers are so slow I accidentally clicked twice.

GEE I WONDER WHY

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shugo Takahashi said:
Kazo's is the best so far. The next version is going to have the first batch of GBC version text copied over and he seems to be getting a lot more done than the other one. That and he's a lot more open with the community and doesn't act like a jerk about it.
You'd be wrong there anyway, Kazo was way behind Raqib, and is staying there, he seems to only release things shortly after Raqib is, so he's probably taking his translations and just 'fixing them up'.

Translated faster->Raqib
Translated differently->Kazo (for lack of a better word, because it's not 'better' imo either)

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far, i have been going with Kazo's, but they are technically both going about just as fast. Whoever starts translating story related stuff first (As in copying over the GBC text) gets my download

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been going with Raqib's, mostly for the fact that I haven't encuntered a problem yet and it translates just enough so that I can find my way around.

Pyrofyr said:
You act like they don't have short but nice logs. Both are crappy imo, but whatever.

You've already been spoonfed translations, you need to have opinions spoonfed too?

This is a forum. That mean discussions will be held here. He asked a question and wanted answers, that's what the internet was intended for.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
You'd be wrong there anyway, Kazo was way behind Raqib, and is staying there, he seems to only release things shortly after Raqib is, so he's probably taking his translations and just 'fixing them up'.

Ouch, that kinda hurts. I am way behind? No way! I have been working since the rom was first leaked. I got it minutes after it was leaked and had my first release out a few hours after. I even think before Raqib. And copying? Come on, have you even played both? I am sure I have some things more translated than he does, and he has some things more translated than I do. This past day and a half I have been working on my version 3 release. With this version it will use a new patcher that uses 1 patch file to patch both heart gold and soul silver. They don't even need to be a clean rom either, they can be patched with your favorite anti-piracy patch before hand. With version 3, Oak's speech and the control/adventure info will be translated. Trainer types such as Youngster and Bug Catcher will be translated. Main trainer names such as Falkner and Bugsy will be translated, random trainer names will be in Romaji. All of the items introduced in these game, and their descriptions will be translated.

silverbullet1080

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
KazoWAR said:
Pyrofyr said:

Ouch, that kinda hurts. I am way behind? No way! I have been working since the rom was first leaked. I got it minutes after it was leaked and had my first release out a few hours after. I even think before Raqib. And copying? Come on, have you even played both? I am sure I have some things more translated than he does, and he has some things more translated than I do. This past day and a half I have been working on my version 3 release. With this version it will use a new patcher that uses 1 patch file to patch both heart gold and soul silver. They don't even need to be a clean rom either, they can be patched with your favorite anti-piracy patch before hand. With version 3, Oak's speech and the control/adventure info will be translated. Trainer types such as Youngster and Bug Catcher will be translated. Main trainer names such as Falkner and Bugsy will be translated, random trainer names will be in Romaji. All of the items introduced in these game, and their descriptions will be translated.
Dude...

Seriously...

Woah
blink.gif

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Pyrofyr said:

QUOTE(Pyrofyr @ Sep 13 2009, 11:36 AM) You'd be wrong there anyway, Kazo was way behind Raqib, and is staying there, he seems to only release things shortly after Raqib is, so he's probably taking his translations and just 'fixing them up'.

Translated faster->Raqib
Translated differently->Kazo (for lack of a better word, because it's not 'better' imo either)

your an idiot and you should keep your opinions to yourself if you dont have facts and if your going to be so negative

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KazoWAR said:
Pyrofyr said:

Woah! That's incredible!

Work on some basic dialogue also, I need to know what they say!

Lubbo said:
Pyrofyr said:

QUOTE(Pyrofyr @ Sep 13 2009, 11:36 AM)

Translated faster->Raqib

your an idiot and you should keep your opinions to yourself if you dont have facts and if your going to be so negative

That defeats the purpose of a forum in general. He is entitled to his opinion. If you disagree and if the thread allows for such a thing, debate it (debating and flaming are different).

NaokiKitsuhine

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wonder what will Kazo will do about the new dialogs because copying the original only will have sense with the "new" history in some parts like NPC unrelated to the history... Kimono girls have a history for example and you find they round the world and some things that I'll not spoil

mmahoney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KazoWAR said:
Pyrofyr said:

Don't worry, man, I'm with you. Raqib's childish IF ANY OTHER PATCH HAS THIS, THEY STOLE MY PATCH (in over-sized, bold-print letters, of course) have kept me from ever downloading his patch. So, unless he does story, I'm with you.

Also, about the story part: I know you have to put up with plenty of "zOMG GiMME teh sTorIEs PaTC H!" messages. Honestly, I think that, instead of copy-pasting GBC text, you should just translate the parts that dictate "go here", "give blah-blah this", etc. Put the key what-I-need-to-do parts into English.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY