1. XmemphistoX

XmemphistoX Advanced Member

United States

That sucks... that means you have to find a same or smaller rom to fit in that space otherwise you have to upload all the roms again? Major setback....

2. buail

buail Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    no, it's like

it will appear a lot of "free space" after you delete, add...
    so the capacity will become smaller and smaller unless you format it.

3. XmemphistoX

XmemphistoX Advanced Member

United States
    Crap... That's even worse. Too bad, it was looking very promising too. How do you know this by the way?

4. buail

buail Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
  5. bug

bug Advanced Member
    Newcomer

This is exactly right. THe only advantage I see is being able to drag & drop files without patching, and without renaming. That is a big time waster for me, I hate the crappy software these companies put out.

6. yzx571

yzx571 Member
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    Acekard official F&Q
    ????????Acekard???????Acekard???????????????????????????????

1?AKFS????????????????

AKFS ?ACEKARD????????????ROM????????mp3?txt??????
    ?????????????????????http://bbs.yyjoy.com/thread-5703-1-1.html ????????????????????

2?????clean rom?

??????????????????????????????????????????????????DS?????????????????AK?????????????????????????????????????????
    ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????FAT???TF????????
    ????????????16??????Winhex??TF???????????clean rom????Winhex?????????

3?????rip??rom???? clean rom ??????? ?????????????!

???????rom?????????????
    ????????????????AK?????????????rom????????????????

4????Game?Manager?????MicroSD???????????block??????block???????????MicroSD?????????????,sd??????????????????100M?!??????100M?????????????256M??????

Manager??Block ?? Acekard ???????????????TF????????1G ROM????????Kingston 512M ?????????????????2G?4G??????????????????TF??Kingston 1G?2G?PNY 1G?2G????????????????MicroSD??????????????????????????????? Kingston 1G?PNY 1G?Kingmax 512M?Kingmax 1G ? MicroSD ??Sandisk???MicroSD?????????????????? ????????Kingston 512M ??????????MicroSD??AceKard?????????????

5?AK???????????TF??????????

??????????????????

6?Free Space????

???????????????????????????????FreeSpace????????

7?moonshell ? rein ?????;????? PDA ? ?? ??????????;???? moonshell ?? ??????????? mp3 ??

AKFS?????????FAT????????????????????????????????????????????AK???????????????????????????????????????

6????????? SD ????, ????????? SD ?, micro sd ????, ??????!

@[email protected]

7?GBA??????

????????????AceKard??????GBA???

8???????????????????????????????

??????? ,??????????????????????????????????????????????????NDS???????

9?????????Acekard???????????????????????????????AK??????SC???????????????????????????

AceKard?????????????????????????????????????
    ???????AceKard?????MicroSD?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????MicroSD????????????????????AceKard???????????Copy???????
    ?????????AceKard??????SC??????

10??????????????????ROM?????,??????????

?????????????????????????????????????????????10kb????????????????????????????????????????????????5????????????????????AceKard???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

11??? manager ?????????? ??????????OS, ???? open source?????linux ??????????????????? java ??? Acekard Manager, ?????????(?? mac ? linux ??), ???????? Comic Book DS ?? java ????????!

??AceKard?Manager???????????????copy?????????
    ???????????AceKard???????????Windows??????????????????????? ????Linux????????OS??AceKard Manager???

12???????????????fat???

????AceKard MicroSD ??????FAT?????????????????????????

13???????????????????????????????????????

????????????????????

14????512M?TF?????1G?TF??????????

??????3 ???????????

15??????????????????????????

????????1???????????

16???????????

????360?????????????AceKard???? www.AcrKard.com

17?AK??slot 2????????

????????????????????EZFlash 2?

18??????sleep mode

AceKard?????????????

19????? Top Spin 2 ?? ????????

????????????????

7. neojei

neojei GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Dang... I was looking forward to this, but the fact that because it's under an ew filesystem, I'm not going to get this unless it becomes compatible. I'd love to just upload mp3's onto it, and stick my micro sd in the micro sd adapter, and put that in my mp3 player when I don't want to bring around my 5times bigger DS Lite, or always I'd love to just put it on my cell phone too. Can't use homebrew apparently. So basically Acekard is just for pirating?

8. tjas

tjas The Gbatemp HRManager

Netherlands
    Unforunatly I would need an chinese language Faq for this Faq

9. NoNameFace

NoNameFace GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    after reading the chinese review of acekard, i think i'll sell my dslink and buy a dsx [​IMG]

10. Extreme Coder

Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    There goes our last bit of hope for an expandable memory slot-1 solution that doesn't require patching... [​IMG]

11. tetsuya

tetsuya GBAtemp Regular

This is just like the XG2 turbo for the GBA. It only delete the game space.

12. corbs132

corbs132 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    k this tears it. akfs destroys the reason i wnted this! i wanted to use it with my mac, and now i cant even use in my phone! screw that. dsx here i come!

13. cory1492

cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I personally thought it was a great idea even before someone decided to make it. Removable media formatted to mimic the allocation blocks of a standard DS carts memory, with offsets and such handled by an on-board controller in a similar way to GBA cart bank-switching, thus insuring performance and future compatibility without patching.

To me this ace thing is my idea nearly a perfect device for NDS roms (next to the DS-X, which does essentially the same thing but with the limit of the memory you buy it with): it is essentially a flashcard that uses removable media instead of soldered on (single use, once it dies the card is trash) memory. The only thing it kind of lacks from the descriptions hardware wise (and likely never to be created anyway) is a micro SD writer that handles the driver situation without specialized software that will likely only ever be written for windows.

Can any G6 or DS-X user comment on how those two devices handle deleted ROMs - are they working more like FAT wrather than "standard" GBA flash carts, where fragmentation doesn't matter at all? Is there a way to supplement (without buying another one) or simply replace (if it becomes faulty some months/years down the road) the on-board memory?

In the end it may come down to, "will there even be an English version", "who is AK" and "will they support their products with quality software geared to its potential."

14. mecharse

mecharse Member
    Newcomer

15. corbs132

corbs132 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i have had a g6 3rd gen 4g phat since they came out essentially, and im loving it. it works with a fat filesystem, so if you delete something, its gone. there is no "whitespace" on the card, just more room for stuff.

16. Noobix

Noobix GBAtemp Fan

ROFL...I hope you're happy with your buggy dsx! 99.9% DS compatabilty my arse. [​IMG]

I'm more than happy with my EZ4 lite, but if the Acekard lives up to its claims it will definitely be the best card on the market.

The point is only time will tell. [​IMG]

17. libredr

libredr Newbie
    Newcomer

Except for those who do not use Windows and/or do not want to rely on another specific software to upload roms in the card. They might want to document their filesystem, which would allow providing an open-source driver for it, otherwise this is a serious drawback for non-Windows users and homebrew devs.

18. The__B

The__B Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    just like the X-ROM 512Mbit never did get the whole "backup save games" part working.. delete a game in the middle and end up with huge holes in the memmory :/ only thing you could fill em up with if you deleted a small game where the 1mb trimmed nes classics [​IMG]

19. cory1492

cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Just like the f2a software would only allow you to delete games from last written first and only, wrather than in the middle (making "holes")...

Improvements in software (defrag?), faster writing times of microSD, and the much greater capacity of the interchangeable microSD still beats many GBA flashcarts - and I still say the benefit of using a microSD in this manner (a FAT that is nearly directly compatible with the DSs native card read routines) far outweighs any of the losses and extends the plausibility of a "future-proof" format that requires less updates/patching/work by coders.

BTW: if they do release a source level driver for it, it would probably be alot simpler to port a FS driver for *nix than a patcher that was made strictly for windoze.

20. tjas

tjas The Gbatemp HRManager

Netherlands
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - ACEKARD,