Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am so disappointed with this card.

There is another problem about AKFS.

It seems like every rom in the card saved in an order. if you delete one of them, it will appear a "free space". you can not release them but add something equal or smaller than the "free space".

of course, you can format the whole card to solve the whole problem...

cleck here to see the img

That sucks... that means you have to find a same or smaller rom to fit in that space otherwise you have to upload all the roms again? Major setback....

buail

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, it's like

it will appear a lot of "free space" after you delete, add...
so the capacity will become smaller and smaller unless you format it.

It seems like every rom in the card saved in an order. if you delete one of them, it will appear a "free space". you can not release them but add something equal or smaller than the "free space".

That sucks... that means you have to find a same or smaller rom to fit in that space otherwise you have to upload all the roms again? Major setback....

XmemphistoX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Crap... That's even worse. Too bad, it was looking very promising too. How do you know this by the way?

no, it's like

it will appear a lot of "free space" after you delete, add...
so the capacity will become smaller and smaller unless you format it.

bug

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What's the point of having the card run unpatched ROMs if you still have to load them through a special piece of software? You might as well just have the software patch the ROM and keep the FAT file system, which has adavtanges of its own as far as homebrew and general flexibility are concerned.

The DS-X sounds way cooler, but personally, I still can't see any real reson to get a DS slot flash device over a GBA slot one.

This is exactly right. THe only advantage I see is being able to drag & drop files without patching, and without renaming. That is a big time waster for me, I hate the crappy software these companies put out.

yzx571

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
My god this card looks amazing.  Kinda makes me sad that I don't have that kind of money for this.

I don't see your problem with the new filesystem, I don't understand the hype of drag and drop.  Sure you don't need to patch and you save 3 seconds in total, but then you lose features like in game reset.  This card has (technically) a drag and drop system via their manager, but through the manager, it is probably able to add a restart patch or what ever if they wanted to...
Acekard official F&Q
????????Acekard???????Acekard???????????????????????????????

1?AKFS????????????????

AKFS ?ACEKARD????????????ROM????????mp3?txt??????
?????????????????????http://bbs.yyjoy.com/thread-5703-1-1.html ????????????????????

2?????clean rom?

??????????????????????????????????????????????????DS?????????????????AK?????????????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????FAT???TF????????
????????????16??????Winhex??TF???????????clean rom????Winhex?????????

3?????rip??rom???? clean rom ??????? ?????????????!

???????rom?????????????
????????????????AK?????????????rom????????????????

4????Game?Manager?????MicroSD???????????block??????block???????????MicroSD?????????????,sd??????????????????100M?!??????100M?????????????256M??????

Manager??Block ?? Acekard ???????????????TF????????1G ROM????????Kingston 512M ?????????????????2G?4G??????????????????TF??Kingston 1G?2G?PNY 1G?2G????????????????MicroSD??????????????????????????????? Kingston 1G?PNY 1G?Kingmax 512M?Kingmax 1G ? MicroSD ??Sandisk???MicroSD?????????????????? ????????Kingston 512M ??????????MicroSD??AceKard?????????????

5?AK???????????TF??????????

??????????????????

6?Free Space????

???????????????????????????????FreeSpace????????

7?moonshell ? rein ?????;????? PDA ? ?? ??????????;???? moonshell ?? ??????????? mp3 ??

AKFS?????????FAT????????????????????????????????????????????AK???????????????????????????????????????

6????????? SD ????, ????????? SD ?, micro sd ????, ??????!

@_@

7?GBA??????

????????????AceKard??????GBA???

8???????????????????????????????

??????? ,??????????????????????????????????????????????????NDS???????

9?????????Acekard???????????????????????????????AK??????SC???????????????????????????

AceKard?????????????????????????????????????
???????AceKard?????MicroSD?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????MicroSD????????????????????AceKard???????????Copy???????
?????????AceKard??????SC??????

10??????????????????ROM?????,??????????

?????????????????????????????????????????????10kb????????????????????????????????????????????????5????????????????????AceKard???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

11??? manager ?????????? ??????????OS, ???? open source?????linux ??????????????????? java ??? Acekard Manager, ?????????(?? mac ? linux ??), ???????? Comic Book DS ?? java ????????!

??AceKard?Manager???????????????copy?????????
???????????AceKard???????????Windows??????????????????????? ????Linux????????OS??AceKard Manager???

12???????????????fat???

????AceKard MicroSD ??????FAT?????????????????????????

13???????????????????????????????????????

????????????????????

14????512M?TF?????1G?TF??????????

??????3 ???????????

15??????????????????????????

????????1???????????

16???????????

????360?????????????AceKard???? www.AcrKard.com

17?AK??slot 2????????

????????????????????EZFlash 2?

18??????sleep mode

AceKard?????????????

19????? Top Spin 2 ?? ????????

????????????????

neojei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang... I was looking forward to this, but the fact that because it's under an ew filesystem, I'm not going to get this unless it becomes compatible. I'd love to just upload mp3's onto it, and stick my micro sd in the micro sd adapter, and put that in my mp3 player when I don't want to bring around my 5times bigger DS Lite, or always I'd love to just put it on my cell phone too. Can't use homebrew apparently. So basically Acekard is just for pirating?

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My god this card looks amazing.  Kinda makes me sad that I don't have that kind of money for this.

I don't see your problem with the new filesystem, I don't understand the hype of drag and drop.  Sure you don't need to patch and you save 3 seconds in total, but then you lose features like in game reset.  This card has (technically) a drag and drop system via their manager, but through the manager, it is probably able to add a restart patch or what ever if they wanted to...

Acekard official F&Q
????????Acekard???????Acekard???????????????????????????????

1?AKFS????????????????

AKFS ?ACEKARD????????????ROM????????mp3?txt??????
?????????????????????http://bbs.yyjoy.com/thread-5703-1-1.html ????????????????????

2?????clean rom?

??????????????????????????????????????????????????DS?????????????????AK?????????????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????FAT???TF????????
????????????16??????Winhex??TF???????????clean rom????Winhex?????????

3?????rip??rom???? clean rom ??????? ?????????????!

???????rom?????????????
????????????????AK?????????????rom????????????????

4????Game?Manager?????MicroSD???????????block??????block???????????MicroSD?????????????,sd??????????????????100M?!??????100M?????????????256M??????

Manager??Block ?? Acekard ???????????????TF????????1G ROM????????Kingston 512M ?????????????????2G?4G??????????????????TF??Kingston 1G?2G?PNY 1G?2G????????????????MicroSD??????????????????????????????? Kingston 1G?PNY 1G?Kingmax 512M?Kingmax 1G ? MicroSD ??Sandisk???MicroSD?????????????????? ????????Kingston 512M ??????????MicroSD??AceKard?????????????

5?AK???????????TF??????????

??????????????????

6?Free Space????

???????????????????????????????FreeSpace????????

7?moonshell ? rein ?????;????? PDA ? ?? ??????????;???? moonshell ?? ??????????? mp3 ??

AKFS?????????FAT????????????????????????????????????????????AK???????????????????????????????????????

6????????? SD ????, ????????? SD ?, micro sd ????, ??????!

@_@

7?GBA??????

????????????AceKard??????GBA???

8???????????????????????????????

??????? ,??????????????????????????????????????????????????NDS???????

9?????????Acekard???????????????????????????????AK??????SC???????????????????????????

AceKard?????????????????????????????????????
???????AceKard?????MicroSD?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????MicroSD????????????????????AceKard???????????Copy???????
?????????AceKard??????SC??????

10??????????????????ROM?????,??????????

?????????????????????????????????????????????10kb????????????????????????????????????????????????5????????????????????AceKard???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

11??? manager ?????????? ??????????OS, ???? open source?????linux ??????????????????? java ??? Acekard Manager, ?????????(?? mac ? linux ??), ???????? Comic Book DS ?? java ????????!

??AceKard?Manager???????????????copy?????????
???????????AceKard???????????Windows??????????????????????? ????Linux????????OS??AceKard Manager???

12???????????????fat???

????AceKard MicroSD ??????FAT?????????????????????????

13???????????????????????????????????????

????????????????????

14????512M?TF?????1G?TF??????????

??????3 ???????????

15??????????????????????????

????????1???????????

16???????????

????360?????????????AceKard???? www.AcrKard.com

17?AK??slot 2????????

????????????????????EZFlash 2?

18??????sleep mode

AceKard?????????????

19????? Top Spin 2 ?? ????????

????????????????

Unforunatly I would need an chinese language Faq for this Faq

NoNameFace

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
after reading the chinese review of acekard, i think i'll sell my dslink and buy a dsx
cool.gif

tetsuya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

This is just like the XG2 turbo for the GBA. It only delete the game space.

corbs132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k this tears it. akfs destroys the reason i wnted this! i wanted to use it with my mac, and now i cant even use in my phone! screw that. dsx here i come!

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I personally thought it was a great idea even before someone decided to make it. Removable media formatted to mimic the allocation blocks of a standard DS carts memory, with offsets and such handled by an on-board controller in a similar way to GBA cart bank-switching, thus insuring performance and future compatibility without patching.

To me this ace thing is my idea nearly a perfect device for NDS roms (next to the DS-X, which does essentially the same thing but with the limit of the memory you buy it with): it is essentially a flashcard that uses removable media instead of soldered on (single use, once it dies the card is trash) memory. The only thing it kind of lacks from the descriptions hardware wise (and likely never to be created anyway) is a micro SD writer that handles the driver situation without specialized software that will likely only ever be written for windows.

Can any G6 or DS-X user comment on how those two devices handle deleted ROMs - are they working more like FAT wrather than "standard" GBA flash carts, where fragmentation doesn't matter at all? Is there a way to supplement (without buying another one) or simply replace (if it becomes faulty some months/years down the road) the on-board memory?

In the end it may come down to, "will there even be an English version", "who is AK" and "will they support their products with quality software geared to its potential."

corbs132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have had a g6 3rd gen 4g phat since they came out essentially, and im loving it. it works with a fat filesystem, so if you delete something, its gone. there is no "whitespace" on the card, just more room for stuff.

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
k this tears it. akfs destroys the reason i wnted this! i wanted to use it with my mac, and now i cant even use in my phone! screw that. dsx here i come!

ROFL...I hope you're happy with your buggy dsx! 99.9% DS compatabilty my arse.
nyanya.gif

I'm more than happy with my EZ4 lite, but if the Acekard lives up to its claims it will definitely be the best card on the market.

The point is only time will tell.
lecture.gif

libredr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
[...] if the Acekard lives up to its claims it will definitely be the best card on the market.

Except for those who do not use Windows and/or do not want to rely on another specific software to upload roms in the card. They might want to document their filesystem, which would allow providing an open-source driver for it, otherwise this is a serious drawback for non-Windows users and homebrew devs.

The__B

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

This is just like the XG2 turbo for the GBA. It only delete the game space.

just like the X-ROM 512Mbit never did get the whole "backup save games" part working.. delete a game in the middle and end up with huge holes in the memmory :/ only thing you could fill em up with if you deleted a small game where the 1mb trimmed nes classics
smile.gif

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just like the f2a software would only allow you to delete games from last written first and only, wrather than in the middle (making "holes")...

Improvements in software (defrag?), faster writing times of microSD, and the much greater capacity of the interchangeable microSD still beats many GBA flashcarts - and I still say the benefit of using a microSD in this manner (a FAT that is nearly directly compatible with the DSs native card read routines) far outweighs any of the losses and extends the plausibility of a "future-proof" format that requires less updates/patching/work by coders.

BTW: if they do release a source level driver for it, it would probably be alot simpler to port a FS driver for *nix than a patcher that was made strictly for windoze.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1