snowboard help

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by SaiZou, Jan 27, 2008.

1. SaiZou
    OP

SaiZou GBAtemp Regular

Mar 12, 2006
    United States
    Hi, I am 52 inches, im wondering what is a good snowboard size i should get?
    I want one that is about 5 inches bigger than me.. is that ok?

2. Twiffles

Twiffles танковые победы

Sep 6, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Your height (inches) x 2.54 x 0.88 = Suggested Board Length
    I say, around a 10 foot snow board.

3. SaiZou
    OP

SaiZou GBAtemp Regular

Mar 12, 2006
    United States
    so, would a 142 cm board be out of my league?

4. Sick Wario

Sick Wario Club Nintendo

Jul 24, 2006
    NNID: godrugal
    just learning? you'll want a board a bit smaller than recommended to learn on. just under or equal to your chin is a good benchmark. it will be easier to turn and balance while learning.
    if you are capable of getting down the hill OK you have to decide if you want a freeride board, or park board.
    freeride boards are directional and suited better for carving, park boards are (usually) twin tip and a bit wider for landing stability.

next you'll need to look at your feet. if you feet are size 10+ you will probably need a 'wide' board. one of the worst things you can do in snowboarding is ride a board that is to thin and have toe/heel 'overhang'.
    turning, balance, everything will be out of whack

for reference, i am 185lbs, 5'11 size 11 foot. this season i am riding a libtech TRS MTX 157 for park and rome agent 158 for everything else

PM me for more info (i was a snow school instructor for 4 years)

PS BURTON BLOWS MY ASS do not buy burton

edit-no matter what anyone tells you there is no 'formula' to find the right board size.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice