Hacking Snes9xgx individual game forwarders?

SkeletonSmith

subscribe Skeleton Smith Gaming on youtube
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking if there was a way to make snes9xgx custom game forwarders, so if i have relatives over, they can just play Tetris Attack or Earthbound or whatever.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Not to my knowledge. But u can install an snes forwarder to take u to the app without opening the hbc

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can even configure priiloader to autoboot the forwarder so that it launches snes when your wii turns on. Make sure u have a few wiimotes synced up beforehand or are running the latest priiloader which can use the front buttons on the wii to manually launch the WI system menu should your wiimotes ever become unsynced and u don't have a GC controller or something (which was supported in some older versions of priiloader).

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a snes9xgx forwarder channel, but how does vc injection work

Sorry for late reply. Looks like I'm cooking this day :)

Virtual console injection is the closest you can get to "Forwarder Channel".
Basically, you need to get an official Virtual Console wad, then, get your Roms you want to inject onto that wad.
Use a Windows program to inject your rom to that Virtual Console wad, and install it with any Wad Manager.
That's how it's done. I personally don't recommend it because a wad channel weights as much as 10 SNES roms.

The other way I can think off (AND THAT I PERSONALLY DON'T HAVE EXPERIENC WITH) is to set up WiiFlow.
I think I've seen some guys setting itin such fashion that all their roms (Gamecube, NES, SNES, etc) get's shown as individual games.
NOT CHANNELS.
WiiFlow is I presume, kind of an... "Alternative Menu Theme" for the Wii.

Again... I don't have experience with neither of these methods.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I forgot to mention:

1.- Virtual Console Injection WONT use Snes9xGX

2.- WiiFlow lite will use Snes9xGX

Take a look at this video, perhaps this is what you want?

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you're asking me... I don't know.
I know this kind of sucks because I'm giving you half information about this. But the thing is that I lack experience with these methods.

But you can try searching on the Wii Forum how to set up WiiFlow (if that's what you want)

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Sorry for necrobump this thread, but making forwarders for load a game in Snes9x GX it's possible.

I made a Single ROM Loader for that emulator, you can grab it here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/my-coll...-for-some-best-wii-homebrew-emulators.591509/

Now the remaining step is making a DOL Forwarder with @XFlak's ModMii tool (https://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/), then inject the resulting forwarder DOL using CustomizeMii, in a WAD which is compatible with AHBPROT, which can be downloaded here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/x-flaks-top-wii-channels.205622/

Greetings ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-