bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Here we go again. :) v0.42 is released, but fixes a few small stuff:

- Minor optimisation to GPU drawing
- Increased maximum number of cheats to 200.
- Fix the crashing problem if there are too many cheats in the .CHT file.
- Fixed the too many sprites on screen problem (fixes Shadowrun freezing)

Thanks to those who pointed out the freezing problems and bugs.

Let me also answer some of the questions:

@Skeet1983 - Yes v0.4 and above supports cheats, but only if you already have the .CHT file. It doesn't allow you to enter cheats directly into the emulator.

@Luke94 - Fast forwarding will not be supported, since the old 3DS is runs barely fast enough to emulate a full 60 frames per second. In order for fast forwarding to work, the 3DS needs to be emulating that many times as fast

@PaiiNSteven - The cheat crashing problem is fixed now in v0.42. Let me know if it still gives you problems.

@chococc - I have been playing Wonder Project J on this emulator. Never had any garbled text problem. Can you send me a screenshot or a save state? Also Marvellous - Mouhitotsu no Takarajima requires SA-1 which is not supported. Finally, for Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei, the ceiling and floor colors can't be fixed because the SNES uses mid-frame palette changes to achieve that effect. Because we are using the 3DS GPU hardware for rendering, one of the unfortunate side effects is that we can't support mid-frame palette changes (the other being mosaic effects).

@VicViper-V - Shadowrun crashing problem has been fixed in v0.42.

@lorenzolamas - Nice try! But the usual "I've got other priorities" apply. ;) Or let's hope another dev can help with the UI makeover.

Attachments

• snes9x_3ds_v0.42.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 451
Last edited by bubble2k16,

VicViper-V

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I have been playing Wonder Project J on this emulator. Never had any garbled text problem. Can you send me a screenshot or a save state?
I can confirm same problem. ROM: Wonder Project J - Kikai no Shounen Pino (J) [T+Eng1.04_WakdHacks].smc / CRC32: 36079184
Garbled text starts just from intro where two soldiers speaking:
snes9x_00087919.jpg
snes9x_00097777.jpg

Last edited by VicViper-V,

bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
@VicViper-V I see. Been playing the Japanese version and never had problems. Will look into it.

@mqk9999 - I tried Live a Live Aeon Genesis 2.0 (is it the same one?) on v0.42 and it seems to work without problems. Care to give it a try again on the latest emulation version?

EDIT: @VicViper-V - I had a look at the original Snes9x 1.43. It also seems to have the exact same problem. The patch probably uses some hardware specific feature that's currently not emulated... Can't say what's the missing feature right now.

Last edited by bubble2k16,

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you please add support for the SA-1 chip on N3DS? If the O3DS can run SuperFX games at decent framerates, the N3DS should be able to handle games like Kirby Dreamland 3 and Super Mario RPG just fine, right?

Reactions: Deleted User

montero3006

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello! Thanks for the continues updates and support with this awesome homebrew. The only bug i see at the emu at Super MArio world is that little.

Attachments

• snes9x_00355501.bmp
    187.6 KB · Views: 203
P

PaiiNSteven

Here we go again. :) v0.42 is released, but fixes a few small stuff:

- Minor optimisation to GPU drawing
- Increased maximum number of cheats to 200.
- Fix the crashing problem if there are too many cheats in the .CHT file.
- Fixed the too many sprites on screen problem (fixes Shadowrun freezing)

Thanks to those who pointed out the freezing problems and bugs.

Let me also answer some of the questions:

@Skeet1983 - Yes v0.4 and above supports cheats, but only if you already have the .CHT file. It doesn't allow you to enter cheats directly into the emulator.

@Luke94 - Fast forwarding will not be supported, since the old 3DS is runs barely fast enough to emulate a full 60 frames per second. In order for fast forwarding to work, the 3DS needs to be emulating that many times as fast

@PaiiNSteven - The cheat crashing problem is fixed now in v0.42. Let me know if it still gives you problems.

@chococc - I have been playing Wonder Project J on this emulator. Never had any garbled text problem. Can you send me a screenshot or a save state? Also Marvellous - Mouhitotsu no Takarajima requires SA-1 which is not supported. Finally, for Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei, the ceiling and floor colors can't be fixed because the SNES uses mid-frame palette changes to achieve that effect. Because we are using the 3DS GPU hardware for rendering, one of the unfortunate side effects is that we can't support mid-frame palette changes (the other being mosaic effects).

@VicViper-V - Shadowrun crashing problem has been fixed in v0.42.

@lorenzolamas - Nice try! But the usual "I've got other priorities" apply. ;) Or let's hope another dev can help with the UI makeover.
Wow! That was quick. Nice job, testing it now.
Will you be implementing the other features, such as frame by frame movement and movie making?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello! Thanks for the continues updates and support with this awesome homebrew. The only bug i see at the emu at Super MArio world is that little.
Its probably sprite priority thats the problem. It should be fixed in a later update.

D

Deleted User

Can you please add support for the SA-1 chip on N3DS? If the O3DS can run SuperFX games at decent framerates, the N3DS should be able to handle games like Kirby Dreamland 3 and Super Mario RPG just fine, right?
I would LOVE this! Just to port a couple lines of code from PocketSNES would be amazing

bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
What Billy said.

New 3DS already has much better options for SNES emulation. No sense for me to go that path and redo what others have done and end up being worse off. :)

But I am really curious though, isn't PocketSNES / CATSFC already very good for New 3DS? I don't have a New 3DS so I can't say for sure.

@matheus abreu - Thank you for pointing this out. Will have a look at it!

Chris.ca96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for your SNES emulator.
Thanks to you I can enjoy my favorite titles Megaman x.
But if the Old 3DS is higher than the psp, I guess you can get to emulate the games with SA-1 Chip. :yay3ds::yay3ds:

ArtemisM

Kupo for Kupo Nuts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for your SNES emulator.
Thanks to you I can enjoy my favorite titles Megaman x.
But if the Old 3DS is higher than the psp, I guess you can get to emulate the games with SA-1 Chip. :yay3ds::yay3ds:

Doesn't really work that way, I'm afraid.

@bubble2k16 No dice on the new version either. I even repatched the ROM. Tried both .cia and .3dsx. "Image is in interleaved format - converting..."

EDIT: I tried a patched version from a different source and it worked. I'm not sure what the difference is. I'd send you a PM so you can have a look for yourself, but it wouldn't let me :s

Last edited by ArtemisM,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi