Homebrew SNES9x for Old 3DS

ArtemisM

Kupo for Kupo Nuts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@bubble2k16 Thanks for the update~ I have a suggestion regarding gratuitous SRAM saving. Would you be able to add an option to the emulator itself per-game that limits (or even disables) SRAM saving like you did with Star Ocean? I've found a few different games that do it as well, such as Dai-3-Ji Super Robot Taisen (doesn't do it as often as Star Ocean)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@bubble2k16 will you update the layering problems in the next release?

I'm sure he's working on it. It's probably a case-by-case issue.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's been posted before, but the textbox issues of Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3 still haven't been resolved. I'm using a retranslation patch of Secret of Mana and the translation patch for SD3 (obviously). If vanilla Secret of Mana works well just disregard this. But SD3 still has the problem

If you're talking about the garbled text, I wouldn't expect a fix anytime soon. It's a completely different rendering mode. It's not a simple bug.

Arcanine9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Super Street Fighter 2 has a problem with the sound of the announcer where he doesn't say the round number or the word fight.

bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
@mqk9999 - Well, I don't know. We are getting a little too many options. I prefer to pre-program it so that the player don't have to worry about too much about it... Could you tell me what the other games are?

@JollyOlStNicolas - Yes, I am aware of the layering problem. At first I thought it was an easy fix, but it turns out it would require me to change the way I render the sprites to the screen. So this fix isn't likely to come so quick. It's quite annoying i know! But at least the games are still playable for now. :D

@discodance77 - Yup that's because of the hi-res mode that isn't emulated yet. I'll fix that in time.... :lol:

@yoshinatsu - Yes, I hadn't noticed until now. :rofl2: Older versions seemed to have this problem, but it's less obvious. In the newer versions where the speed hack boosted DKC2's performance, it became more obvious. I hope it's not due to the way the game works. I know Yoshi's head in Yoshi's Island exhibit the same problem too. Will see if I can do anything.

@Arcanine9 - Thanks for pointing out. Sound has been an issue. I hope someone with knowledge of sound emulation can come forward to have a look at the problem. If not, I'll probably take a little more time to figure it out. I'm also a little tempted to merge in a different sound core (maybe the one used by Blargsnes) to see if it helps the problem.

Last edited by bubble2k16,

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having the weird audio Jack bug. I was playing megaman x 3 and when I connected the headphones my pad was not working. The analog was working normally. Also start was not working. I disconnected them and everything worked normally.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Knight of Time

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just found an oddity when playing the Super Mario All-Stars version of Super Mario Bros. 3. When it comes to hitting blocks which contain Super Mushrooms or 1-up Mushrooms (I'm not sure if this affects other power-ups, but it might), the mushroom seems to fully appear through the block when it's hit (as if the block was transparent or something). Similarly, Piranha Plants and Venus Firetraps also seem to be affected by this oddity, as does Mario himself when he enters or exits a pipe.

Any chance you can fix these oddities, bubble2k16? I'm crossing my fingers you'll be able to.

ArtemisM

Kupo for Kupo Nuts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just found an oddity when playing the Super Mario All-Stars version of Super Mario Bros. 3. When it comes to hitting blocks which contain Super Mushrooms or 1-up Mushrooms (I'm not sure if this affects other power-ups, but it might), the mushroom seems to fully appear through the block when it's hit (as if the block was transparent or something). Similarly, Piranha Plants and Venus Firetraps also seem to be affected by this oddity, as does Mario himself when he enters or exits a pipe.

Any chance you can fix these oddities, bubble2k16? I'm crossing my fingers you'll be able to.

It's part of the layering issues, I believe. It's a known problem and he's working on it without trying to break anything else. As far as I know, when you spawn a mushroom etc, it appears on a layer behind the blocks as if to make it look like it's "coming out" of it. Same thing with the piranha plants etc

Last edited by ArtemisM,
P

PaiiNSteven

New updates cool. I tried the cheats but whenever I loaded the rom that has cheats the emulator crashed. Its improvement, though. Nice job.

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think others might have brought this up, but there seems to be some tilemapping issues in ver. 0.41. I'm noticing it primarily in Super Street Fighter 2, where little sprite pieces are flickering about the fighters during various moves/animations. It also seems to happen on certain stages/backgrounds more than others (for example, Ryu's Stage has the sprite issue, but Blanka's Stage seems to have no issues at all).

bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
@PaiiNSteven - Thanks for pointing this out. Can you let me know which game it was and, if possible, upload that problematic cheat file here?

@kenseiden - Thanks for the find. I spotted this in Yoshi's Island / DKC2, I thought it's just specific to the game. I know it also happens in v0.4. But I'm not sure if SSF2 has the same problem in v0.4. Any other games you spotted has this problem?

P

PaiiNSteven

Thanks for pointing this out. Can you let me know which game it was and, if possible, upload that problematic cheat file here?
It was Super Mario World. Tried it on the game itself and a few romhacks. Heres the download.

Edit; Dont want to be a complain bot but Yoshis Island is having troubles too. Otherwise speed is great and semi playable. LOTS more compatability to blargsnes.

Reactions: bubble2k16

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@kenseiden - Thanks for the find. I spotted this in Yoshi's Island / DKC2, I thought it's just specific to the game. I know it also happens in v0.4. But I'm not sure if SSF2 has the same problem in v0.4. Any other games you spotted has this problem?

I don't recall SSF2 having the same problem in earlier versions. In addition, I haven't seen the problem replicated in other games that I have tested on the emulator; I've tested similar games (fighters, mainly based on an assumption that they're rendering their characters in a similar manner to SSF2) to see if any of them exhibited similar behaviors.

chococc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thanks for working on this!
These games aren't working properly:
Marvelous - Mouhitotsu no Takarajima, this doesn't start, I tried booting the original game and the translated version but only shows a black screen.
Wonder Project J, this shows garbled text.
Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei, this plays great, but it shows a pink floor and roof, this happens in the first game which its the only one I tried.

VicViper-V

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Shadowrun (U) [!] have serious bug in ver.0.41 (CIA, Gateway v3.7.1 Emunand 11.0.0-33E) - when you start game, then go to player stats (button Y) Snes9x crashes system and you need to reboot 3DS. Works everytime for me.

lorenzolamas

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
For the next release, like this ?

1.JPG

;)