Homebrew SNES9x for Old 3DS

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
No, it didn't work. I got a new 32 GB SD card at Best Buy, and the same thing happened as the one that came w/the system. I followed the guide to make it so when I turn on the system, I push the Down arrow. Then, it goes into the Homebrew Launcher, and the Yeti game and BlargNES work perfectly fine when I pick them in the Homebrew Launcher, but then there is like a Gameboy Editor or something, and it does the same thing as SNES9x. I am not sure if I have all of the files in the right directory, but like I mentioned, I have tried everything I could think of. Does capitalization in the name of the files matter or should it have worked fine like BlargNES? One person suggested to do that guide for ArmLoaderHax9 or something. I am not sure what else to do unless something might be wrong w/the system so I am not sure if I have to trade it for a new one. The files are readable on the new SD card but sometimes unreadable so I have to restart my computer, and then they are readable again.

I think you should try following the guide to install A9LH and then install the .Cia version of the emulator, looks like you're having trouble with the homebrew launcher.

alternatively, after installing A9LH, you can try installing the .Cia version of the homebrew launcher and see if it works, if not, install the .Cia version of the emulator

Last edited by AtlasFontaine,

Lespna1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you should try following the guide to install A9LH and then install the .Cia version of the emulator, looks like you're having trouble with the homebrew launcher.

alternatively, after installing A9LH, you can try installing the .Cia version of the homebrew launcher and see if it works, if not, install the .Cia version of the emulator

Okay. Like how long does it take to do the whole guide and are there any good tutorials that explain how to do it on Youtube? i think I found one in Spanish once, but I was not sure if I could follow it all the way b/c the guy talked really fast. I just want to make sure I follow it correctly.

bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
@dAVID_ - Glad you liked it. :)

@Lespna1 - You are using firmware 9.2U right? What is the entry point that you are using? (Ninjhax / Soundhax / ... ?) Are you using the right version of Ninjhax? It has to be v2.* and above.

bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
v0.70 Released

It's been a while everyone. :) This release fixes one of the most fundamental problems in the Snes9x emulator (and hopefully doesn't break anything major.

Here's a rundown of what was fixed:
- Fixed sprites priority issues. This fixes sprites problems of Shadowrun, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario All Stars' (and possibly other games too)
- The newly implemented rendering engine also provides some modest speed improvements in some games.
- Added feature to save the directory of the previously loaded ROM so that you don't have to navigate to it again when restarting the emulator.

There's no improvement to compatibility, so games that ran/didn't run in the previous versions should also behave the same in this version.

As usual, bug reports and feedback are welcome. :D

Attachments

• snes9x_3ds_v0.70.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 676
Last edited by bubble2k16,

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v0.70 Released

It's been a while everyone. :) This release fixes one of the most fundamental problems in the Snes9x emulator (and hopefully doesn't break anything major.

Here's a rundown of what was fixed:
- Fixed sprites priority issues. This fixes sprites problems of Shadowrun, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario All Stars' (and possibly other games too)
- The newly implemented rendering engine also provides some modest speed improvements in some games.
- Added feature to save the directory of the previously loaded ROM so that you don't have to navigate to it again when restarting the emulator.
Awesome, going to try this out. I'd much rather have an emulator for SNES instead of setting up folders on my Home Menu to house my VC injects. Thanks for your work!

Reactions: SlimPortable

Lespna1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dAVID_ - Glad you liked it. :)

@Lespna1 - You are using firmware 9.2U right? What is the entry point that you are using? (Ninjhax / Soundhax / ... ?) Are you using the right version of Ninjhax? It has to be v2.* and above.

Yes, I am on firmware 9.2.19U, I think. I'm not sure on the last number, and I'm not sure what you mean by entry point? I used the cartridge for Super Smash Bros that let you update to 9.2, and I enter the Homebrew Launcher by pressing the Down arrow on the directional pad. I hope that helps.

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v0.70 Released

As usual, bug reports and feedback are welcome. :D

Installed latest version. When playing a game and going to the list of roms to choose another game. It doesn't start or changes the game. I have to exit emulator then select new game.

I'm using a new 3ds a9lh with latest firmware.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

sieroi

Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting how much better SuperFX games run when this is forced to New 3DS clock speeds with NTR. Easily the best way to play Star Fox/etc on 3DS- it's obviously faster than it's meant to perform, but the games feel so much more pleasant to play.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I found a bug with sound

I load Tales of Phantasia, go to the title screen, press the Home button, and the sound still plays (but it sounds like SPC700 state is frozen)

Also, there is an issue when you put 3DS to sleep on HOME menu while this software is suspended; 3DS won't exit sleep mode. You have to hard reset.

bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
@Michierusama - Thanks for pointing out. It doesn't have this problem on my o3DS running on 9.2. Are you using the latest *hax versions? Been reading that the latest haxes seem to break some home-brew.

@DiscostewSM - Thanks for spotting this as usual. Will look into it. :)

@julialy - Problems are aplenty with Home/Sleep functions. I'm quite sure the previous versions had this problem too. Don't quite know how to fix those yet, but I'd suggest avoiding using Home/Sleep for now.

Tebra

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Installed latest version. When playing a game and going to the list of roms to choose another game. It doesn't start or changes the game. I have to exit emulator then select new game.

I'm using a new 3ds a9lh with latest firmware.

Don't have this bug on my 2DS with luma and last firmware

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Michierusama - Thanks for pointing out. It doesn't have this problem on my o3DS running on 9.2. Are you using the latest *hax versions? Been reading that the latest haxes seem to break some home-brew.

@DiscostewSM - Thanks for spotting this as usual. Will look into it. :)

@julialy - Problems are aplenty with Home/Sleep functions. I'm quite sure the previous versions had this problem too. Don't quite know how to fix those yet, but I'd suggest avoiding using Home/Sleep for now.
Im using the CIA.

bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
@Michierusama - I remember encountering this problem before in the previous versions. As I recall, it was a bug with file handling, but it usually happens after I load up about 10+ ROMs. I'll see if there's anything I overlooked. In the meantime, any CFW version you using?

@Lespna1 - What I mean is before you boot in Homebrew Launcher, there's usually a screen that shows some text that looks something like this: https://imgur.com/i8jRLfd. At the top it says *hax followed by some number. In mine it's usually v2.7 gamma or v2.8 beta. What's yours?

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Michierusama - I remember encountering this problem before in the previous versions. As I recall, it was a bug with file handling, but it usually happens after I load up about 10+ ROMs. I'll see if there's anything I overlooked. In the meantime, any CFW version you using?

@Lespna1 - What I mean is before you boot in Homebrew Launcher, there's usually a screen that shows some text that looks something like this: https://imgur.com/i8jRLfd. At the top it says *hax followed by some number. In mine it's usually v2.7 gamma or v2.8 beta. What's yours?
Luma3Ds 6.6

bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Some tests I've done:

- New 3DS 11.2U firmware - Soundhax (*hax 2.8 beta) - .3dsx boots and plays games without problems.
- Old 3DS 9.2U firmware - Soundhax (*hax 2.8 beta) - .3dsx boots and plays games without problems.
- Old 3DS 9.2U firmware - Luma 6.6 EmuNAND (no A9LH) - .cia boots and plays games without problems.

Not too sure what @Michierusama and @Lespna1 have been facing. It may be some memory leaks that I'm not aware of that rears its ugly head in some specific set ups.

@Michierusama - Any specific games you were playing that cause subsequent games to fail to load?

@drag0nscythe - No forwarders. I remember a fellow forum member created an VC-style injection for Snes9x for O3DS. I haven't really tried it though.

This Snes9x for Old 3DS emulator works on New 3DS too, and it also takes advantage of the New 3DS clock speeds so all games generally run smoother (especially the SuperFX ones)!

Last edited by bubble2k16,
Reactions: cvskid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto