Hacking SNES & NES Emulators w/ 16x9, 480p+ support?

sudermania

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hate2.gif
Not sure if you are still interested, but ive tried this:

NES-SNES-GEN-TURBO16-MULTIBOOT-Wii-NTSC-USA

Which i found on usenet and basically someone has pre-compiled the iso, complete with USA games from all those systems, even master system which it does not list in the description.

Anyway, it works really well, and has the option for 480p, so give it a try, they look really good when compared to virtual console.

Well my VC runs at 480p and I have it stretched to 16:9 and it looks great, but obviously I don't have quite the rom list that I do with homebrew.

I have a Q though. I have this same disc and I cannot get these Emu's to display 480p... In the GCOS boot screen it asks me to hit 'Y' for NTSC and 'R' for 480p, among a few other options. No matter what I select I can't get it to display 480p, it is only 480i (which my tv lags at). I of course have my wii hooked up with component cables...is there a trick to this? What am I doing wrong???
hate2.gif

I've just installed a wiikey and am having the same problems forcing the emu games to play in 480p. Did you ever figure out why it won't do 480p even when you push R? This is a problem for me because my Wii is hooked up to an LCD monitor and interlaced video is not friendly...

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In the GCOS boot screen it asks me to hit 'Y' for NTSC and 'R' for 480p, among a few other options. No matter what I select I can't get it to display 480p, it is only 480i (which my tv lags at). I of course have my wii hooked up with component cables...is there a trick to this? What am I doing wrong???Â
hate2.gif

Anyone have a suggestion?
This may be a no brainer, but as you haven't mentioned it..
You do have your Wii console set to output at 480P in the Wii settings don't you?

If so and this still doesn't work for you then I'm sorry but I have no idea.

-KangaRod-

Trophies
Website
kangarod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Canada
In the GCOS boot screen it asks me to hit 'Y' for NTSC and 'R' for 480p, among a few other options. No matter what I select I can't get it to display 480p, it is only 480i (which my tv lags at). I of course have my wii hooked up with component cables...is there a trick to this? What am I doing wrong???Â
hate2.gif

Anyone have a suggestion?
This may be a no brainer, but as you haven't mentioned it..
You do have your Wii console set to output at 480P in the Wii settings don't you?

If so and this still doesn't work for you then I'm sorry but I have no idea.
I'm pretty sure that the GCN manually had to be switched to 480p; and would think that when the Wii booted to GCN mode it would be the same. I know my GCN games would prompt me if I would like to broadcast in 480p if it detected a capable connection when the games that supported it started up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/gz90ppV7yfE?si=y1IdUB1kPvndhn5P