Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
FenrirWolf said:
Is your FAT32 partition the first partition on the drive?
yes it is.

30GB FAT32 on first, and active, partition on my HDD.
On my usb stick, there is no multi partition.

Does the wii disk light can help determine if the boot2_di.bin is faulty, or good but the hdd is not recognized etc. ?
with sneek and uneek, the TV signal starts when the wii drive flash blue.
with sneek+di the drive never flash, and no TV signal is send at all, the usb drive is spinning like it should.
I don't know if it can help.

I still haven't try to reinstall python. I will do it this weekend.

edit : sneek is booted from SDHC card.
I can try a non HC if needed, but it works fine for S/Uneek, I just don't know why DI is not.

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
fogbank said:
bewitched said:
Finally i got the HBC to work on a clean virgin nand
yaywii.gif

5. Copied the title.tmd from my bootmii Wii nand dump (with hbc installed) to the sd > @wilsoff thanks: "It appears that each HBC installation is tied to the console it was installed to by modifying an area of the TMD" here
I believe that was my quote
tongue.gif

corrected, sorry

bewitched said:
wilsoff said:
QUOTE(bewitched @ Apr 7 2010, 10:30 AM) Strange it loads fine now (3.2E) but i get the warning that it can not be installed, no known vulnerable IOS found, and i can only exit.
Install the oldest versions of a couple of IOS that you can find on NUSD. They should have the Trucha bug in them.
Thanks that did the trick, so now i have 2 methods for installing the HBC in a clean nand
yaywii.gif
It's good that you got it working, but SNEEK does not require a trucha bugged IOS to install anything, and the HBC installer definitely does not either. But no matter, as long as you got it working
smile.gif
Strange it was the only way i got that installer to work, but as you mentioned it works
smile.gif

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MattMan3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R86 works for me, both from SD and USB. But I've noticed that Gecko OS does not detect my SD card, while other applications, such as Homebrew Browser and Wii Xplorer do. Why is this and how can I fix it?

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MattMan3 said:
R86 works for me, both from SD and USB. But I've noticed that Gecko OS does not detect my SD card, while other applications, such as Homebrew Browser and Wii Xplorer do. Why is this and how can I fix it?
86? R80 is the last one on svn.

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
*snip*
with sneek+di the drive never flash, and no TV signal is send at all, the usb drive is spinning like it should.

Changes in the di module in R80 may be affecting USB device compatibility.

I have a WD Passport 60GB that I have been using all along with SNEEK-DI and have had no problems with it up through R79. With R80 I get no signal. I have two other USB devices that are working fine with R80 (4GB USB stick and 250GB Seagate FreeAgent HDD). Using armboot.bin and boot2.bin from R80 together with di.bin from R79 the WD Passport works fine. It's only when I use di.bin from R80 that I get no signal. All USB devices I am using have exact copies of all files and folder structures. Both HDDs are using 16K clusters. The USB stick is using 4K clusters. All tests were done using the same SD card, same NAND dump, same Wii, etc...

I may look into the diff from R79-->R80 to see if I can figure out what changes have affected compatibility, but I don't know if I will have the time.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you fogbank for all the details
smile.gif

my hdd is a 250 seagate freeagent Go, 16K cluster, so it should work like yours.
But DI never worked for me. I'll try mixing the revision like you did.
Do you think my python can be the cause ? I'm still on 2.5.x, I'll update to 2.6.x this weekend to be sure.

In fact sneek+di worked once, when I try an USB without the "games" and "sneek" folders. it just booted like if it was Sneek whitout DI, using r79 if I remember well.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
my hdd is a 250 seagate freeagent Go, 16K cluster, so it should work like yours.
But DI never worked for me. I'll try mixing the revision like you did.
Do you think my python can be the cause ? I'm still on 2.5.x, I'll update to 2.6.x this weekend to be sure.

No idea, but you should use 2.6 to eliminate that as a possible cause.

RussSteele82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was also having issues loading a HDD. I have two WD My Book Essential Edition. One is 500GB and the other 1TB. The 500GB would load fine with a 32K cluster on a 58 GB partition. I needed more space though for roms. I have about 5,000 roms. So I set up my other 1TB drive to have a 200 GB partition. I would NEVER load DI. I then changed the cluster size to 16K through Acronis and that did the trick. Now I have a working 200GB partition loading DI with all my roms for regular/emulated NAND. That was much needed because the 58 GB partition was SLAM PACKED!!!! Now I can add a bunch of games to the usb:/games folder on top of all my roms for NES, SNES, Genesis, ATARI, etc.. and covers for USB Loader GX (By far the best loader I have come across). Also, when using DiscEx2 it would wipe out my ISO and say that it was an invalid Wi Disc, but DiscEX works FLAWLESSLY and is much more reliable than WiiScrubber. WiiScrubber gave me bad dumps EVERYTIME!!!!!!!

skid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fogbank said:

I may look into the diff from R79-->R80 to see if I can figure out what changes have affected compatibility, but I don't know if I will have the time.
Yes, I noticed the same thing. It is an intermittent hang and has something to do with the ohci/ehci timing out. I did not realise they were due to the changes in r80.

The only change in r80 that would have this effect is the removal of an if clause in the file ehci.c. It is on line 576 in r79 and starts with this line:

CODEif (((u32)buf) > 0x13880000){// HW cannot access this buffer, we allow this for convenience

I'll see if reverting that change brings the compatibility back.

MattMan3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it was enabled by default, as I can access the SD card from the System Menu and I can run various homebrew applications, as well as make new folders and delete files with Wii Xplorer. I can also copy save files to SD but I can't copy channels (I get the error "The file may not have copied").

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skid said:
fogbank said:

Yes, I noticed the same thing. It is an intermittent hang and has something to do with the ohci/ehci timing out. I did not realise they were due to the changes in r80.

The only change in r80 that would have this effect is the removal of an if clause in the file ehci.c. It is on line 576 in r79 and starts with this line:

CODEif (((u32)buf) > 0x13880000){// HW cannot access this buffer, we allow this for convenience

I'll see if reverting that change brings the compatibility back.

Reverting that change did not affect compatibility for me.
frown.gif

Someone has created an issue (34) on the Google code site.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @MysticStarlight, Luckily, he survived.
    +1
  • Zynthrodak @ Zynthrodak:
    Is there any wii smartass here?\
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Zynthrodak, Don't ask to ask.
    Ok ima just paste my message to someone else:
    When i launch a game my wiimote unsyncs and doesnt want to connect again.People told me to ask you for help, i tried both Motion Plus inside and without motion plus but it doesnt work. Any ideas?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Zynthrodak, Do you know if the batteries are dying? If the controller doesn't sync with the console, press the Sync button on both the controller and the console.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Everything should work. If not, replace the batteries, and don't use cheaper alkalines.
  • S @ sypt:
    hi! so one time i forgot to load usb loader gx into sd card mode and then everytime i launch it, and even when i launch into sd card mode, it doesnt show anything on my sd card and just shows whats on my hard drive
    Press A when you are launching on the 20 second countdown
    @SylverReZ Yeah i tried that and the batteries arent dying theyre brand new
  • S @ sypt:
    @Zynthrodak i did, it still just brings up all the channels
    OOHHH do you see the favourites icon on the top?
    There should be a little console icon i think?
    Press that and then select wii games
  • S @ sypt:
    thank you so much
  • S @ sypt:
    youre a life saver <3
  • S @ sypt:
    hey so if anyones here, when i try to launch kirby return to dream land and i select a file, it just goes to a black screen
  • S @ sypt:
    anyone know why?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anyone here?
  • donutgamer917 @ donutgamer917:
    yo im new here
    +2
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @donutgamer917, Welcome! +1