Hacking SNEEK v2

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not really helpful, part.bin's were the way to go lol since they were only 1 or 2 files for a game, with fat32's limits it can only hold a little over 65,000 directory entries, and each file takes 2-? (i think its 14) basically a number between 2 and 14 lol depending how long the filename is. And every wii game i've extracted extracts into around 3,000-4,000 little files. so do the math.3000 files x 21 games=63,000 entries assuming that each file only took up one directory entry, which is completely false.Sure you'll have games that extract to less files, but your looking at being able to store alot less then that ^ anyways because depending on the length of the filename it'll take up more entries. So a usb loader working in sneek is rather useless imo, unless your using part.bin files

snikerz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lesotho
supersonic5000 said:
Here use this it's very helpful. http://crediar.no-ip.com/DiscEX2.rar
This will extract everything you need in the folders.

Thank you so much
smile.gif
I used it on all my ISOs and it works perfectly
smile.gif

The-Lion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Still this question:

The-Lion said:
When you got the 'first time configuration' screen, does that mean you've compiled sneek properly?

But why does everybody have to compile this for himself? What's the difference in compiling Sneek and e.g. USB Loader GX? So why can't there be a precompiled version?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The-Lion said:
But why does everybody have to compile this for himself? What's the difference in compiling Sneek and e.g. USB Loader GX? So why can't there be a precompiled version?
Because some files (or maybe 1 file) are illegal

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The-Lion said:
Still this question:

The-Lion said:
When you got the 'first time configuration' screen, does that mean you've compiled sneek properly?

ninty code required to compile sneek and not gx, thats why.

Can someone tell me what app is used to extract games to multi-bin files please ?

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The-Lion said:
Still this question:

The-Lion said:

A pre-compiled version of SNEEK is not available because boot2.bin contains nintendo copyrighted code, thus making the distribution of a compiled version illegal.

edit: beaten by TJ_Cool and ChokeD
tongue.gif

I am surprised however that no one has created an email account that auto-replies with the latest version of SNEEK. I am not advocating that someone does this, but it does surprise me that it hasn't happened yet.

moosehunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kyle007 said:
not really helpful, part.bin's were the way to go lol since they were only 1 or 2 files for a game, with fat32's limits it can only hold a little over 65,000 directory entries, and each file takes 2-? (i think its 14) basically a number between 2 and 14 lol depending how long the filename is. And every wii game i've extracted extracts into around 3,000-4,000 little files. so do the math.3000 files x 21 games=63,000 entries assuming that each file only took up one directory entry, which is completely false.Sure you'll have games that extract to less files, but your looking at being able to store alot less then that ^ anyways because depending on the length of the filename it'll take up more entries. So a usb loader working in sneek is rather useless imo, unless your using part.bin files

an unnecessary concern since I doubt that any game will take up 65,536 directory entries in a single folder.
The limit is for a single folder, not for the whole drive.
I currently have 72,716 files and 4096 (nice number) folders in my games folder

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kyle007 said:
not really helpful, part.bin's were the way to go lol since they were only 1 or 2 files for a game, with fat32's limits
So a usb loader working in sneek is rather useless imo, unless your using part.bin files

Using part.bin on FAT32 would make DL games unplayable due to the 4GB file size limitation.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
Still this question:

QUOTE said:
QUOTE(The-Lion @ Apr 5 2010, 07:38 PM)

Yes, when you see the first time configuration screen then you've compiled sneek properly.

Do the configuration.. Press A on health screen and wait for a couple of minutes.. This might take a while

moosehunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fogbank said:
kyle007 said:
not really helpful, part.bin's were the way to go lol since they were only 1 or 2 files for a game, with fat32's limits
So a usb loader working in sneek is rather useless imo, unless your using part.bin files

Using part.bin on FAT32 would make DL games unplayable due to the 4GB file size limitation.
That's why you have multiple part.bin's for games over 4GB

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
The-Lion said:
Still this question:

The-Lion said:

ninty code required to compile sneek and not gx, thats why.

Can someone tell me what app is used to extract games to multi-bin files please ?
*cough* anyone please ?

can I at least get a face to palm pic ?
tongue.gif

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah my bad
tongue.gif
as i was telling treeki earlier in irc lol i'm running on like 3 hours of sleep, im not thinking very coherently this morning. But your right thats for a folder not the entire drive, but i thought it would apply since i thought that limit applied a to a folder AND its subfolders e.g. the games folder everything inside it would be counted towards the limit.

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
ChokeD said:
QUOTE(http://code.google.com/p/sneek/source/detail?r=79)Log message

DI:
  • files in the usb:/games folder are now ignored
  • removed the "part.bin" mode, only file mode is now supported
  • added GC disc support
  • added disc type detection
  • added GC region hack (also uses value from usb:/sneek/region.bin)
ES:
  • Fix text position calculation
  • menu now also show disc type
  • added 4.2U region free hack for disc
  • added 4.2U sneek menu offsets

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone managed to get SNEEK's DI-module to work without emulated NAND? I've fiddled around a bit with the IOSKPatch and ELFIns steps of the build process without luck.

Geridian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Asked this in the compiling thread (sorry 4 crossposting (
frown.gif
) already but i think that this is better placed here:

I have got some problems with Sonic & Sega ALL-Stars Racing (PAL Version )loaded with sneek+di from the usb harddisk:
  • Starting Sneek+Di Modul
  • Pressing START and selecting the game in the menu
  • The game which was in the Disk Channel get´s ejected
  • After some time the WII freezes and i only hear some annoying noises
This happens only with this game, other games like: MP Trilogy, Sam & Max Season 1, WII Play, New Super Mario Bros WII are working without any problems.
Extrated the Game from a burned 1:1 copy as did with the other games before.

Somebody got a hint for me?

/edit

Problem 2:
Always getting the message "this is not a wii disc" from DiscEX2, tried the Sonic & Sega ALL-Stars Racing.iso from above and working ntsc.iso from Sakura Wars.
Typed into the command windows: discex2 x "isoname".iso

The two games are working perfect with usb loader CFG and from Backup Disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one