Hacking SNEEK v2

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
bewitched said:
Clicking that line freezes the system, well i guess i have to try another dump for SMG
wacko.gif
Check your dump on redump.org/discs/system/wii/ before extracting.

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
I've made a mod of negentig (part of Segher's Wii.git) to decrypt games for SNEEK+DI on other OS:s than Windows. To get it working, get Segher's git and compile http://pastie.org/private/hhbl8cmxpvdbwaovtfuydw in the same folder.

The program behaves like negentig---that is, takes an iso as argument and unpacks to the current directory---but makes a folder named , puts the content of the second partition into a files subfolder, main-dol and friends into a sys ditto, and puts ticket/tmd/cert in the gamedir. All in all a POSIX version of crediar's win32-app DiscEx2. As mentioned, it only extracts the second partition, so if you wish to dump any other, you'll have to modify the source.

I've compiled and run it without a hitch on Debian lenny 32-bit and Mac OS X Snow Leopard.

It relies on root-key and common-key in ~/.wii, and lazy as I am, I also made a perl-script which fetches the keys from HackMii and puts them in the right place. http://pastie.org/private/k01epghi0wxqlhnq23pgta

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For those people who have those black screen and blue flashing disc-tray issues there's still hope!

After 2 weeks of reading, compiling, dumping, formating and even more reading, I'm finaly on Sneek. Before today I couldn't come further than black screens and flashing disc-trays.

My original wii system is 4.2e. I have Priiloader installed and BootMii as IOS. I think I tried everything in this thread and offcourse everything on the original google code page. I dumped my nand in every possible way and I used every nand dumping program available and they all showed up fine in ShowMiiWads, but now I'm sure that the dump of my original nand simply doesn't work with Sneek.

Today I made a virgin nand by following the "How to get a virgin NAND using NUSD and showmiiwads:" section in this thread:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218725

from ChokeD.

I compiled sneek again (rev80 this time) and putted everything again on a clean SD-card. Then I booted my wii to Priiloader and from there to BootMii IOS. And then it happened. The configuration mode from a virgin wii showed up. I did the configuration, then the health screen came up. Pressed A and after a couple of minutes I was in the sysmenu.

Then I did the same again on another clean SD-card and then I got blue lights. Made a 1 on 1 copy from the working SD-card on this card and yes again blue lights.

So I think whene you have the blue light issue your SD-card is incompatible

OverjoY

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xfcrowman said:
cwstjdenobs said:
What do you use to extract the files from a GC iso?

You can use GC-Tool to extract files from a GC iso .

Thanks. Now a strange problem. I get the name of the game in the selection menu, get the GC banner in the disc channel, but when I press start my DVD drive starts up and I end up at the cmios screen (not installed on my nand dump) asking for me to insert a disc.

skid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cwstjdenobs said:
Thanks. Now a strange problem. I get the name of the game in the selection menu, get the GC banner in the disc channel, but when I press start my DVD drive starts up and I end up at the cmios screen (not installed on my nand dump) asking for me to insert a disc.
Same here. I then re-installed an unpatched MIOS and now SNEEK reboots me back into the real NAND's system menu. I am running bootmii IOS, not bootmii boot2.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cwstjdenobs said:
xfcrowman said:
cwstjdenobs said:
What do you use to extract the files from a GC iso?

You can use GC-Tool to extract files from a GC iso .

I am in the same boat...tried three ISOs and same thing.

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
bula said:
cwstjdenobs said:

I am in the same boat...tried three ISOs and same thing.

This morning in #sneek@EFNet:
CODE
06:28 < DarkundeR> has anyone gotten a GC game to load from USB Yet?
06:28 < Justin121> Not that a know of. Ask crediar maybe he has :P. Or poon.
06:30 if it shows in the wii menu you are as far as you can get now
06:30 < Justin121> Oh okay thanks.
... so, wait with patience ...

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
bula said:
dancemonkey said:
Hi,

Anyone got any instructions on how to even get GC games to show up in the menu??

Cheers

Was posted a couple of pages back.
Thanks found it.

What program will do the following?

ISO.hdr" -> this file seems to be boot.bin with bi2.bin you have to devide it. first 0x440 bytes boot.bin, then the next 0x2000 bytes for the bi2.bin

Majroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just to be sure.

So I have SNEEKv2 with DI working now.

I need to extract the game partition of a Wii ISO to usb:/games/ right? Or to USB:/games/title/?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...