Hacking SNEEK v2

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
giantpune said:
you will get really random results with that wiki. remember back i middle school for the science fair? to test something, you keep ALL variables the same except the one you are testing?

meaning if you want to test the speed of a SD card, you have to have all the contents of the SD card the same or else you test is shit. starting sneek with a nand with 50 channels will take longer than a nand with 3 channels. regardless of the class/free space/fragmentation of the sd card.

if i have 2 game saves and you have 20, you cant compare our times that it takes to access that data. you will just be wasting your time. period.

you need to write a list of files to put on the sd card and have everybody test with only that.

agreed, ive managed to get my dump down to about 208MB and that with deleting all saves, removing channels(only keeping HBC and the Internet & Disk Channel) and im still not sure what else can be removed at the mo so a list would be could

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to spend hours reading through all 40 pages of this thread, so sorry if this has already been asked.

Clearly cIOS249 doesn't work with SNEEK, but what about cIOS222/202/223? Do they work fine?

AceLighting

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
tattar8 said:
comfaithgenesisraven said:
Im having problems getting this to work i done the nand dump using the sneek fs dumper then i organized the sneek files copied them to the sd when i boot up my wii priiloader appears i tried system menu i tried bootmii i get couldnt find hacks.ini error and the only thing i could access was homebrew channel through priiloader, i also tried priiloader settings to autoboot bootmii that didnt work got black screen with a error message said couldnt find hacks.ini then went to priiloader.
Does anyone know how to fix the problem ? any help would be grateful
the nand dump is 3.2e
Uninstall Priiloader from your NAND Dump by reinstalling the System Menu with Showmiwads
Just wondering that would be opening the list of wads right click on system menu then install to nand right ?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
Im having problems getting this to work i done the nand dump using the sneek fs dumper then i organized the sneek files copied them to the sd when i boot up my wii priiloader appears i tried system menu i tried bootmii i get couldnt find hacks.ini error and the only thing i could access was homebrew channel through priiloader, i also tried priiloader settings to autoboot bootmii that didnt work got black screen with a error message said couldnt find hacks.ini then went to priiloader.
the nand dump is 3.2e
Uninstall Priiloader from your NAND Dump by reinstalling the System Menu with Showmiwads
Just wondering that would be opening the list of wads right click on system menu then install to nand right ?
You select the path of your NAND and then from the View menu select Showmiinand. Then drag the wad to the NAND contents window. Make sure you reinstall the same version/region

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
@giantpune/pepxl: That's exactly what I'm currently thinking about, and that's also what I asked, if someone got an idea.

I have one, though, I don't know much about the required Files, so I could be wrong. I thought about a NUS-Update (simulated). It works on all OS, and a Script could be written. This way, everyone would have exactly the same Dump, and wouldn't have to cut/remove things. The other required Files which can't be downloaded would then be drag and dropped there from your Dump.

Though, Problem is that I don't know if NUS-Downloader can rename the Directory so they'll work with SNEEK, and I also don't know what Files else would be missing...

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
@giantpune/pepxl: That's exactly what I'm currently thinking about, and that's also what I asked, if someone got an idea.

I have one, though, I don't know much about the required Files, so I could be wrong. I thought about a NUS-Update (simulated). It works on all OS, and a Script could be written. This way, everyone would have exactly the same Dump, and wouldn't have to cut/remove things. The other required Files would then be drag and dropped there.

yeah that sounds logical compared to ppl with random NAND dumps doing tests with all sorts of unneeded content.

The only factor would then be of course the type and make of the SD and what SM menu was dumped

QUOTE(Blue-K @ Jan 30 2010, 02:43 PM) Though, Problem is that I don't know if NUS-Downloader can rename the Directory so they'll work with SNEEK, and I also don't know what Files else would be missing...

tick the boxes "Pack -> WAD" & "Deleted Contents" then move all the wads that are created to a single folder and then you could always try with showmiiwads to install the nedded files, the only thing would be the manual creation of folders

import
meta
shared1
shared2
sys
ticket
title
tmp

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
as I already mentioned before you can build a NAND from scratch via ShowMiiWads
the only file you have to supply yourselves is the setting.txt that you have to put in the 1-2/data folder

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
SanGor said:
the only file you have to supply yourselves is the setting.txt that you have to put in the 1-2/data folder

im gonna try this out with a NAND dump made via NUS Update Script and ShowMiiWads and post back with results

AceLighting

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
tattar8 said:
tattar8 said:
the nand dump is 3.2e
You select the path of your NAND and then from the View menu select Showmiinand. Then drag the wad to the NAND contents window. Make sure you reinstall the same version/region
I did that but now i get a black screen nothing happens

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SanGor said:

Tried that, it freezes after setup/the health warning screen.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
cwstjdenobs said:
SanGor said:

you also need ipslave.bin

or better still

daxtsu said:
According to this, http://code.google.com/p/wii-fsck/wiki/EssentialFiles, this is the minimum list of files needed to run the wii:

CODE
/shared1/content.map
/shared1/xxxxxxxx.appÂÂ-- any shared contents referred to by the boot IOS TMD or 1-2's TMD must exist
/shared2
/sys
/ticket
/sys/cert.sys
/sys/uid.sys -- for translating title_id -> fs owner/user ID
/ticket/00000001/00000002.tik
/ticket/00000001/0000001e.tik
/title/00000001/00000002/content/title.tmd
/title/00000001/00000002/content/xxxxxxxx.app -- all non-shared contents listed in the 1-2 tmd must exist
/title/00000001/00000002/data/iplsave.bin -- channel positioning data
/title/00000001/00000002/data/setting.txt -- contains serial number, region, etc
/title/00000001/0000001e/content/title.tmd -- for boot IOS
/title/00000001/0000001e/content/xxxxxxxx.app

done the NUS Script 4.2E dump, gonna test it now with only the setting.txt & iplsave.bin added to the dump which is 106 MB (111,804,148 bytes) in size

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Am I correct that you need to get setting.txt and iplsave.bin from your own dump or dump just those files with FSToolbox? Also, what is the minimum you need to install in ShowMiiWads? Just System Menu and System Menu IOS, or do you need anything else? (for just booting System Menu, don't care about anything else). Do you need EULA channel for example?

EDIT: So the files you need to add are: setting.txt, iplsave.bin and cert.sys?

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cwstjdenobs said:
SanGor said:
How long did you wait? It might take > 5mins if it has to create some files -> http://code.google.com/p/sneek/wiki/FAQ

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
Am i been daft but can we not use Homebrew with sneek?
Ie the SD card cant be used or usb

But thanks Cre its great

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You should be able to load apps off USB, or if you edit the source slightly you can enable SD access i.e. load and run homebrew off SD card.

From http://code.google.com/p/sneek/wiki/FAQ
QUOTE said:
SD support for Wii applications is currently disabled, due it not working very well.

If you still want to give it a try simply change line 1605 in the main.c of the ES module to

*SDStatus = 1;

Note: this feature is buggy and might break the FS on your SD card, make a backup before using thise feature!!

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
wilsoff said:
cwstjdenobs said:
SanGor said:
How long did you wait? It might take > 5mins if it has to create some files -> http://code.google.com/p/sneek/wiki/FAQ

not working with the dump i done aswel just hangs at a black screen before the health screen but wiimote was still synced and i waited over half an hour

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
is read and write disabled in the physical nand when using sneek? or your can still somehow acess the physical nand and do somthing.

just thinking about other technical stuff to do with sneek

BTW. great release, and hopefully will grew into much bigger.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FSDumper is not working for me.
hate2.gif

"
ES_Identify():-1017
th as SU Failed!
Writing...
"

I am not exactly sure what the error is because my tv cuts off part of the left screen when I launch this. >.>

Then it just reboots to homebrew channel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ