Hacking SNEEK v2

Anusko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Linux binary is now at the repository. Thanks! The source would been nicer but you may have your reasons. Again, thank you
smile.gif

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the most important thing about an SD speed is the class normally there is a number on the card within a C. No number or 2 are SLOW get at least a class 4 card.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anusko said:
I must be blind because I really can't see it... can you double check what you're saying?
The source of the windows tools is sneek googlecode page downloads(for armboot.bin and efm.zip(esmodule and iosmodule.elf files rename iosmodule.elf to fsmodule.elf)), wiki(for reference) and source svn checkout(for trunk>elfins>elfins.exe and trunk>boot2me>boot2me.exe) and the 0000000e.app(from NUSD decrypted content of IOS60v6174) and a batch file

Anusko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
longtom1 said:
Anusko said:
I must be blind because I really can't see it... can you double check what you're saying?
The source of the windows tools is sneek googlecode page downloads(for armboot.bin and efm.zip(esmodule and iosmodule.elf files rename iosmodule.elf to fsmodule.elf)), wiki(for reference) and source svn checkout(for trunk>elfins>elfins.exe and trunk>boot2me>boot2me.exe) and the 0000000e.app(from NUSD decrypted content of IOS60v6174) and a batch file
I was asking for the source of boot2me and elfins. But never mind, a x86 binary is already available, thou dynamically compiled
frown.gif

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
Anyone got a wad of system menu 1.0e tried 2.0e last night but HBC on emu nand just gave me scammed warning and then froze
It may not have frozen. I used a nand dump from anothr wii and that went to the scam screen and then loaded hbc with the cursor flipping me off (HBC 1.0.6). It stayed on the scamm screen for approx 2 minutes before saying press (1) to continue. Try again, but keep waiting.

I haven't tried SM 2.0x though.

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Blue-K said:
Ok. I'm currenty using a SanDisk MicroSD 2GB with an SD-Adapter (also SanDisk). No Priiloader, just some Startpatch-Hacks (including replace Health-Warning) and around 18 Channels. It doesn't seem to speed it up if I remove the Channels, so I did the Tests with them installed. Here are my results:

Booting of Menu: 35 Seconds
Booting of a Channel: 11/19 Seconds (Sometime the Channel hangs for a few secs if you klick the Start-Button)
Loading Save-Menu: 26 Seconds until a full Page is loaded

I dunno if this is fast, as far as I've read, it seems that this is average or slow. Now, can anyone recommend me a card which is faster, maybe even with their times to compare? I'm thinking about this one, anyone got the same and can share their results?

Thanks in Advance!

-Blue-K

(P.s: Anybody fancy to create a Wiki for SD-Cards? Would be realy helpfull, I guess...)
thats kinda slow, my sysmenu (with no vc tough) loads in 16 sec with ffs logging to sd (wich slows it down) and its a normal SD card, no sdhc

K

Kurisuellegarden

I noticed that sneek loads pretty slowly...so I was wondering what the average time of load is for a user on a "FAT" storage on a SD? What's the fastest someone can get this loading? If it takes almost half a minute to load everything...can't really use it for everyday use.
frown.gif
I was so excited.

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Kurisuellegarden said:
I noticed that sneek loads pretty slowly...so I was wondering what the average time of load is for a user on a "FAT" storage on a SD? What's the fastest someone can get this loading? If it takes almost half a minute to load everything...can't really use it for everyday use.
frown.gif
I was so excited.
format it as FAT32 and use the fastest SDHC card you can find, it will be fast then

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
Kurisuellegarden said:
frown.gif
I was so excited.
So far you can't use it for every day use anyways. You can't run backup or usb loaders. There is quite a few issues with it, but it does work.
Since when? Apparently plenty of people are able to use it for that!

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
For some reason bootmii doesn't won't recognise my SDHC cards on autoboot - the wii double blinks as if there is no card there.

However, they work fine when i launch bootmii again from the homebrew channel (IOS i presume) and sneek also works fine.

I guess I may have to wait for a bootmii update for better support, if it ever comes :S

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
im using it for every day use, but thats prob becuz i never play games
smile.gif
(not on wii atleast
tongue.gif
there is a reason i have a ps3)

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, I think my last post got buried in this thread. SNEEK doesn't boot. Bootmii is installed as boot2. I've compiled boot2.bin and it's on the root of my SD card, and the modified armboot.bin and the bootmii.bin and ppcboot.elf files from the original bootmii install are in the Bootmii folder. When I boot up my Wii the bootmii menu comes up, but I get a blank screen whenever I select either system menu or HBC. Is there a fix? I've tried two different NAND dumps, one from a virgin 3.2E and one from my own softmodded 4.0U

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Well, the BootMii menu shouldn't be showing up at all. It sounds like you have some mismatched files in your BootMii folder...
Every place I've asked it sys I need the armboot.bin from SNEEK, and the bootmii.ini and ppcboot.elf that the Hackmii installer provided.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated