Hacking SNEEK v2

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
Quick guide for everyone on how to get it running, simpler than GiantPune's guide (no offense =P). You don't need Python, devkitPro or SVN for this method.

1. Go to downloads page (http://code.google.com/p/sneek/downloads/list and download armboot.bin and efm.zip

2. Extract efm.zip into the same directory as armboot.bin is in, so there should be two elf files and armboot.bin in the directory.

3. Go to the source page (http://code.google.com/p/sneek/source/browse/) and goto the Trunk directory. From the "ELFIns" directory, download "ELFIns.exe", and from the "Boot2Me" directory download "Boot2Me.exe" (to download them, open them, then click "View raw file" at the right hand side)

4. Put both .exe files in the same directory as the elf files and armboot.bin

5. Get NUSD, download IOS60v6174 and tick the "decrypt" box

6. Copy the decrypted "0000000e.app" to the same directory as the elf files, the exe files and armboot.bin

7. Download my SNEEK.bat from here: http://sifjar.hostoi.com/SNEEK.bat

8. Put the bat file in the same directory as all the other files

9. Double click the bat file

10. Copy the contents of folder "Copy_to_SD" to the root of your SD card.

Boot2Me v0.1 by crediar
1 file(s) copied.
1 file(s) copied.
The only problem I have is that I keep getting this message:
'rm' is not recolonized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'rm' is not recolonized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

And I downloaded everything from the site and used the NUSD and Decrypted IOS 60 v6174 and used 0000000e.app

I got this twice is there anything I can do to fix this problem? or am I doing something wrong?

Please help me.

One more question where does the NAND go on your SD Card???

Thanks,
TrapperKeeperX

Gokiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
Kovani said:
Is it possible for someone to create a small utility that will rename the bootmii folder that contains sneek files to another folder with the original files so you can switch between them easily by using HBC? This idea is similar to how Categorii works and you'll not have to manually replace files if you want to switch to your real NAND.

For example: You have the files required for sneek in the bootmii folder and the original bootmii files in a folder called, let's say bootmii2. When you run the utility it will rename bootmii2 to bootmii and bootmii to bootmii2.

There was an app released a while ago called BootMii Switch or something like that which would switch "BootMii" and "BootYou" folders on your SD card, meaning you could have BootMii as "BootYou" and SNEEK as "BootMii" and if you wish to switch, run the app.

Isn't this completely useless considering the fact that you cannot access your sd card on an emulated nand? As soon as you switch to the SNEEK boot you are unable to access your sd card and thereby unable to switch back to bootmii boot2 using this app.

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pepxl said:
yeah i get the same errors

User423 said:
QUOTE(SifJar @ Jan 28 2010, 09:47 PM) Quick guide for everyone on how to get it running, simpler than GiantPune's guide (no offense =P). You don't need Python, devkitPro or SVN for this method.

Nice Guide, but the Batch ends with the message that the command "rm" isn´t found. Is that a problem?
I think it should be @del instead off @rm?

I tested it, the command @rm (remove) should delete the two part files (not needed anymore). If you replace the @rm with @del it works without errors.

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
isostar said:
read this = win
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(SifJar @ Jan 28 2010, 09:47 PM) Quick guide for everyone on how to get it running, simpler than GiantPune's guide (no offense =P). You don't need Python, devkitPro or SVN for this method.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
User423 said:
pepxl said:
yeah i get the same errors

User423 said:
SifJar said:
Quick guide for everyone on how to get it running, simpler than GiantPune's guide (no offense =P). You don't need Python, devkitPro or SVN for this method.

Nice Guide, but the Batch ends with the message that the command "rm" isn´t found. Is that a problem?
I think it should be @del instead off @rm?

I tested it, the command @rm (remove) should delete the two part files (not needed anymore). If you replace the @rm with @del it works without errors.

thanks but, i now get

Could Not Find c:\SNEEK\Step1.bin
Could Not Find c:\SNEEK\Step2.bin

Here the .bat

@elfins.exe esmodule.elf 0000000e.app step1.bin
@elfins.exe fsmodule.elf step1.bin step2.bin
@Boot2Me.exe step2.bin boot2.bin
@md Copy_to_SD
@md Copy_to_SD\BootMii
@copy boot2.bin Copy_to_SD\boot2.bin
@copy armboot.bin Copy_to_SD\BootMii\armboot.bin
@del step1.bin
@del step2.bin
@echo Files copied. Copy the contents of folder Copy_to_SD to the root of SD card
@PAUSE

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Strange...I´ll test again.

/edit Works here. (Even if you get the ´normal errors´ (rm not found) the Files in "In_SD_Root" are perfectly fine. (Same Hashes)
Just use the normal one, no problems, just a cosmetic problem.

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
diazao said:
Anyone were able to run apps via HBC or installed channel? Or it's just not possible?
Yeah, just whack them on a usb thumb drive as usb:\apps\appname\boot.dol
(I had this issue too)

Sabin_Figaro said:
Also, why is this so awesome?
upto 32gb nand instead of 512mb
play with channels / themes with no chance of brick
play with most other things, deleting titles, patching etc, see the effects before trying on a real nand
no wear and tear on nand
able to change system menu version / region just by swapping sd cards, e.g. 3.2E and 4.1K - good for playing and devving
etc.
-----------------------
Here's a simpler sneeky.bat:
CODE
ren 0000000e.app 0000000e
elfins.exe esmodule.elf 0000000e tmp.bin
pause
elfins.exe fsmodule.elf tmp.bin 0000000e.app
pause
boot2me.exe 0000000e.app boot2.bin
pause
Just put the following in a single directory:
- sneeky.bat (copy the code above into a text file)
- elfins.exe (sneek googlecode)
- esmodule.elf (sneek googlecode)
- fsmodule.elf (sneek googlecode)
- boot2me.exe (sneek googlecode)
- 0000000e.app (from IOS60v6174 downloaded and decrypted with NUSDv1.3b)
Then run it.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Sabin_Figaro said:
SifJar said:

There is no decrypt box on my NUSD, something about a common key being missing.... I guess is that illegal file that is arround, common.bin?

filetrip - wiiscrubber 1.40

diazao

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Brazil
wilsoff said:
diazao said:
Anyone were able to run apps via HBC or installed channel? Or it's just not possible?

(I had this issue too)
You got it working with usb? Because i didn't... Tried via USB, SendElf and installed channel, all i got was a black screen

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Sabin_Figaro said:
SifJar said:

There is no decrypt box on my NUSD, something about a common key being missing.... I guess is that illegal file that is arround, common.bin?
In the WiiScrubber 1.40-Package on Filetrip is a nice Generator, which will create the keys.bin for you. Completely legal to share. This was also answered on a page before, btw...

@diazao: Worked for me on some Apps (DOP-IOS MOD), and on some it didn't (AnyTitle Deleter DB MOD Giantpune crashed). Just be shure not to select any cIOS (like 202/222/223/242/249/250) if the App needs an modified IOS.

Btw, I did some tests, and everything works basicly as promised, everything works, except cIOSes (which is sad...I miss TranslatIOS and my USBLoader
frown.gif
). Though, there's a big downside right now for me...it's slow. Extremely slow. Nowhere as fast as in the Video of det1re. I guess this has to do with the SD-Card, and not with the content on the virtual NAND? If it is so, maybe a Wiki-Page with timestops would be helpfull...I want to use this daily, but with the current speed, it isn't possible...

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
DeadlyFoez said:
Blue-K said:
Btw, I did some tests, and everything works basicly as promised, everything works, except cIOSes (which is sad...I miss TranslatIOS and my USBLoader
frown.gif
). Though, there's a big downside right now for me...it's slow. Extremely slow. Nowhere as fast as in the Video of det1re. I guess this has to do with the SD-Card, and not with the content on the virtual NAND? If it is so, maybe a Wiki-Page with timestops would be helpfull...I want to use this daily, but with the current speed, it isn't possible...

Get a faster SD card
Oh well, which one
tongue.gif
? Currently I'm using a SanDisk 4GB SDHC...any Idea for a very fast 4/8GB Card?

Or try formatting your card to make sure there is no fragmentation going on.
I formated it already 5-times
tongue.gif
. So nah, guess this isn't the reason.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
wilsoff said:
diazao said:
(I had this issue too)

Sabin_Figaro said:
Also, why is this so awesome?
upto 32gb nand instead of 512mb
play with channels / themes with no chance of brick
play with most other things, deleting titles, patching etc, see the effects before trying on a real nand
no wear and tear on nand
able to change system menu version / region just by swapping sd cards, e.g. 3.2E and 4.1K - good for playing and devving
etc.
-----------------------
Here's a simpler sneeky.bat:
CODE
ren 0000000e.app 0000000e
elfins.exe esmodule.elf 0000000e tmp.bin
pause
elfins.exe fsmodule.elf tmp.bin 0000000e.app
pause
boot2me.exe 0000000e.app boot2.bin
pause
Just put the following in a single directory:
- sneeky.bat (copy the code above into a text file)
- elfins.exe (sneek googlecode)
- esmodule.elf (sneek googlecode)
- fsmodule.elf (sneek googlecode)
- boot2me.exe (sneek googlecode)
- 0000000e.app (from IOS60v6174 downloaded and decrypted with NUSDv1.3b)
Then run it.

i get with this bat

The System Cannot Excecute The Specified File

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
With the batch files I'm getting
"Output file is not a valid elf"

I'm guessing there is a problem with my files?

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
oh btw, im adding some stuff but its kinda shitty because the lack of enough free space in .rodata, anyway my version of ffs plugin saves the log file on SD instead of USB Gecko (it can be usefull for people that dont have an usb gecko) and it flashes the disc light every time the log file is accessed (its easy to let the light stay on while in sysmenu or in game etc)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: