Hacking SNEEK v2

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Read the first post (and the rest of the the thread for that matter.)

Otherwise we're going to end up with the same 3 questions asked and answered, over, and over again, and it will mask any intesersting content that people have to add.

Thanks

EDIT: that was not directed at the preceding post re wad manager mod!

-pb- said:
any other method to install wads ?
You can install wads to the nand dump using showmiiwads. Set the nand backup folder in showmiiwads to somewhere you can find it again. Point showmiiwads to the folder containing the wad you want to install. Once the wad is listed in showmiiwads then right click on it... choose extract to nand. It will save a few folders in the nand backup folder you just set. Copy the title and ticket folders to your sd card and you're done... the wad should show up next time you boot the SD-Nand.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan said:
OSW said:
With the batch files I'm getting
"Output file is not a valid elf"

I'm guessing there is a problem with my files?
I got this when I used a crypted 000000e instead of decrypted 000000e.dat

Thanks buddy, I think it's sorted now. Gonna test on my wii.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
leondmsmith said:
If im running 4.2E can i use ARC by Da_letter_A on my emulated NAND to get to 4.1 U - upgrade to 4.2, then download US VC / Wiiware titles?

You should be able to. I'm not 100% sure though(about the shop part).

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i dont know why u people have slow speeds, im using an 2GB SD (not SDHC !) card and its really fast (till i added sd logging ...)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
User423 said:
I tested it, the command @rm (remove) should delete the two part files (not needed anymore). If you replace the @rm with @del it works without errors.

Oops, my bad. rm is the unix equivalent of del, and I have MinGW from devkitPro, so both work on my system. The BAT file has been updated, should now work fine, still hosted at same address.

EDIT: To the person above: You need boot2.bin on the root, the original BootMii folder with armboot.bin replaced and a NAND FS dump on the root.

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Hi.

I have a petition for: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVBWSC6u33s (second demo video)

Is there a possibility to add more than 4 pages on the Wii Menu? That would be great for add more than 48 titles on the main menu
biggrin.gif
!

See ya!

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
SifJar said:
User423 said:
I tested it, the command @rm (remove) should delete the two part files (not needed anymore). If you replace the @rm with @del it works without errors.

Oops, my bad. rm is the unix equivalent of del, and I have MinGW from devkitPro, so both work on my system. The BAT file has been updated, should now work fine, still hosted at same address.

EDIT: To the person above: You need boot2.bin on the root, the original BootMii folder with armboot.bin replaced and a NAND FS dump on the root.

Thanks for your reply. I have all that! Will try another dump

leondmsmith

Trophies
XP
Country
Dont know if its the SD card or the website but when i try to DL something from the Nintedno store it times out, anyone else have this issue?

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here is some speed test :

MicroSD kingston 1GB (SFSdumper full dump) :
28sec to load the Wii/data/saves/wii/ save games, 5 and a half pages of data.
27sec to load Wii/data/installed channels/ with 10 channels (totaling 982 blocks)

MicroSDHC Kingston 4GB (bootmii dump) :
24sec to load data/save games (5 pages)
24sec to load data/channels with 12 channels (totaling 1621 block)

loading Speed doesn't seems to depend on the data to show, but more like a full nand/Title folder to read.
my SDHC is even faster to read more data than the normal SD contains, both are using the same microSD->SD adapter (kingston too).

I don't know if it's useful to know and compare the speed.
Maybe find which SD models are better (PNY are usually the faster, but I don't have one to test)

HDtach reported that my SD 1GB japan is faster in random access than the SDHC, but both have 4.3MB/s

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got stuck in some part.
    Anyone played that game?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Only one I played was the DBZ trading card game game on the GBA
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sparking zero is looking pretty good but not $70 good
    okay
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    isn't sparking zero supposed to be accurate to their canon power too?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    meaning unlike dbfz a weaker character like nappa wouldn't stand a chance against someone stronger like broly
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    aaalllright then, i guess i should hit the hay
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People are complaining about flying in it I'm like wut that's half of what it is
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprise surprise, @HiradeGirl is back today
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright @SylverReZ you win, lets go double or nothing.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    good morning
    +2
  • O @ Olqase93:
    Hi, I need help whit my r4 r4itt new please
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    🛌 Shhhhhhh
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    homebrew your DSi and forgo the flashcard with NDS bootstrap or something along those lines
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    it allows utilisation of the SD card for ROM storage
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Get a 3DS and do the same 🥰
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. Just get a 3rd [3000 series] gen PSP.
    +2
    I like PSP on my Pi lol
    Gameboy Advanced SP emulator or GASP for short lol
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Finally got an appointment with an ENT, but it's not for another month. It's already been 4- days of loud ringing in my left ear, substantial pain on left side of my neck and left side on the back of my head. Doctors here at the regular clinic put me on a couple different meds for a month that did absolutely nothing, then they told me there's nothing more they can do for me despite being in pain and my ear sounding like im underwater and ringing.
    Then three chiropractor appointments which also didn't help at all so i didn't go to the 4th. Been trying to get ahold of this ENT clinic out of town for a week and finally got an appointment set up. But its not til the 17th of July so I have to suffer all this shit for nearly another month.
    I hope relief from all of this is on the way because I've felt so defeated and severaly lacking in sleep because of the pain and ringing.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: I hope relief from all of this is on the way because I've felt so defeated and severaly lacking...