D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rumsey said:
D34DL1N3R said:
With cIOSX r18, is it now possible to store RB DLC on a USB drive using SNEEK?

Do not believe so. that's not really an IOS thing, though if you use an emulated nand you can store up to 16gb like someone above has mentioned ^^^

The emulated nand can be on a fat32 usb drive?

rumsey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
rumsey said:
D34DL1N3R said:
With cIOSX r18, is it now possible to store RB DLC on a USB drive using SNEEK?

Do not believe so. that's not really an IOS thing, though if you use an emulated nand you can store up to 16gb like someone above has mentioned ^^^

The emulated nand can be on a fat32 usb drive?

No it can be on a 16gb sdhc card

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those are too expensive.
tongue.gif

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wiiuser2 said:
T-Error said:
Sorry I dont know how you start Priiloader from SNEEK if you set autoboot to systemmenu.

you can try the Priiloader forwarder channel. This brings you to the Priiloader menu from the system menu.
Works like a charm on the real NAND. Have not yet tried it in Sneek.
Get it here: Priiloader Shortcut Channel topic
THX will try that.

tylerzentz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues getting SNEEK to work on one of my Wiis. It loads up just fine on one Wii but when I put the same SNEEK-assembled SD card in the other Wii, load bootmii IOS from HBC (my only option) and the screen goes black as if there is no video input but the Wii remains powered. Here are a few more details:
-The NAND dump is from the Wii that doesn't boot SNEEK, so it's odd that it works on the other one.
-Priiloader was not installed before the NAND dump was created so it isn't in the dump.
-The problem-Wii is a LU70xxx and has bootmii as IOS. SNEEK-successful Wii is a LU50xxx and has bootmii as boot2.
-I've tried every combination of settings for bootmii (autoboot delay, vid mode, etc..)

Does my LU70xxx have a SNEEK-preventative chipset or something?

grati

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tylerzentz said:
I'm having issues getting SNEEK to work on one of my Wiis. It loads up just fine on one Wii but when I put the same SNEEK-assembled SD card in the other Wii, load bootmii IOS from HBC (my only option) and the screen goes black as if there is no video input but the Wii remains powered. Here are a few more details:
-The NAND dump is from the Wii that doesn't boot SNEEK, so it's odd that it works on the other one.
-Priiloader was not installed before the NAND dump was created so it isn't in the dump.
-The problem-Wii is a LU70xxx and has bootmii as IOS. SNEEK-successful Wii is a LU50xxx and has bootmii as boot2.
-I've tried every combination of settings for bootmii (autoboot delay, vid mode, etc..)

Does my LU70xxx have a SNEEK-preventative chipset or something?

This is basically the same thing happening to me.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lyker said:
I'd love a answer to my post above so I can stop trying =)

If you read the info in Sangor's link you would see this:

Comment 2 by [email protected], Feb 23, 2010
I can confirm this aswell, sadly I don't have any new Wii nor can I afford one for
any testing :/.
Also I don't really know what could break SNEEK, maybe using a newer mini build
could fix it.

Stated by SNEEK author.

This means the answer to your question is "no", if you are experiencing the issue described. Not at this time.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody yet had any success using the di module in FAT mode? i can get it to read the ID of my games from the HDD, but it crashes before anything fun happens. crediar says he was using the DI in RAW mode, so FAT is really untested. it would help to know if somebody else had the same issue as me. then we would know if it was my error in the way i dumped the game or if it is a bug in crediar's code.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
giantpune said:
Has anybody yet had any success using the di module in FAT mode? i can get it to read the ID of my games from the HDD, but it crashes before anything fun happens. crediar says he was using the DI in RAW mode, so FAT is really untested. it would help to know if somebody else had the same issue as me. then we would know if it was my error in the way i dumped the game or if it is a bug in crediar's code.
hate to double post but it's been about 12hrs

how do you use the DI iosmodule.elf do you just compile it with the esmodule.elf to make the .bin files or do you use it in another way??

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have to create a new boot2.bin just like you made the first one, but #define the USB_HAX or whatever it is in es.c. but use the newer elfins instead of the old one. then slap that on your sd card. then change the default game in main from di to whatever you want and #define FAT at the top of it if you want to use it in FAT mode. also change the region flag (somewhere in main there is a value with a comment for different regions) and compile that beast. and take what you get and use the new elfins to put it into an official dip module (should be 00000001.app). and call the output of that di.bin and toss that on the sd card.

thats about as far as i got. when using it in FAT mode, it looks for some files in USB:/games//. you can see the file names in main.c. When using RAW mode, crediar said something like just section off the HDD in 4.7 chunks and toss a game in each. he says FAT mode is not really tested, so its not known yet why it hangs, but RAW mode supposedly works fine . i havent tried for myself as i dont have a spare HDD laying around.

but it would be nice to know if anybody can get father than me with it.

redeyed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to figure out how to compile sneek r30.

QUOTE said:
you have to create a new boot2.bin just like you made the first one

Like in the sneek wiki startup guide or Sneek Auto-Installer v4 by X-Flak

QUOTE said:
but #define the USB_HAX or whatever it is in es.c.

does that mean change it from /#define USBHAX to #define USBHAX in c:\sneek\es\es.c

QUOTE said:
then change the default game in main from di to whatever you want and #define FAT at the top of it if you want to use it in FAT mode. also change the region flag (somewhere in main there is a value with a comment for different regions)

So if the hard drive I'm using is wbfs I would only have to change the region code value in the main.c code of di

an official dip module (should be 00000001.app)

Is this something I would have to extract from ciosx rev 19 wad with Showmiiwads or am I way off on that one

Sorry for all the quotes and noobish questions but I've been trying to compile this since I saw your post. And all I'm getting is a black screen. I compiled an older version (r24 I think) to enable sd access and it boots fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1