Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

domole

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been having problems getting Uneek+DI to work on my firends Wii.
He has a Black Wii with Boot2v4, BootMii is loads as an IOS

I have tried creating the Nand with Modii
When I take the HD and SD card and plug into my Wii, it will boot into the Nand fine ( I have Boot2v2 )
On His wii,
When I load the bootmii from HBC, it will just hang and the HD light will flash untill I reset the system. I have tried moving the cert.sys file from his nand over tot he sys folder, and deleted the channelcashe file as well.

I have recreated the Nand dozens of times with different options and the results are the same.

I did try to load the Nand on my wii, finish the inital setting ( Lang select and Naming the Wii ), then I switched the Dive and SD card over to his wii and launched bootmii as an ios and it loaded the nand, but when every I clicked something it would just freeze.

I am feeling at my wits end, I have been reading through the hundreds of forum post and serching google to see if any of the other solutions that would work.

I have been having problems getting Uneek+DI to work on my firends Wii.
He has a Black Wii with Boot2v4, BootMii is loads as an IOS

I have tried creating the Nand with Modii
When I take the HD and SD card and plug into my Wii, it will boot into the Nand fine ( I have Boot2v2 )
On His wii,
When I load the bootmii from HBC, it will just hang and the HD light will flash untill I reset the system. I have tried moving the cert.sys file from his nand over tot he sys folder, and deleted the channelcashe file as well.

I have recreated the Nand dozens of times with different options and the results are the same.

I did try to load the Nand on my wii, finish the inital setting ( Lang select and Naming the Wii ), then I switched the Dive and SD card over to his wii and launched bootmii as an ios and it loaded the nand, but when every I clicked something it would just freeze.

I am feeling at my wits end, I have been reading through the hundreds of forum post and serching google to see if any of the other solutions that would work.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Try a simple setup with sneek and the nand on the sd card and see if that works.
If it works, you know the problem is related to the harddisk access. You should be able to test the nand with just sneek.
When you are sure the nand works, you can copy the nand folders to the harddisk and test with uneek. If that works, you can try uneek+di.
Make sure you have at least 1 fst (discex) extracted game in the games folder of your harddisk.

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i cant compile uneek somehow. i want to add my own code to it. it creates all the .bin files, but uneek doesnt boot, even unmodified.
any advice?
python is installed in the root of c:\, the others not. uneek+di works just fine from the installer.
checked with the sneekinstaller they even have the correct size.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
python is just needed to create the armboot.bin.
It's best to go to the fs, fs-usb, di and es subfolders and to run a 'make clean' 'make' in there to ensure that everything builds fine.
If for instance the fs-usb doesn't compile properly, you will end up with a non working kernel.bin of the correct size.
It is no longer necessairy to have the devkitarm rev. 24 to build the latest revisions of uneek.
I am even unsure they still build with it as the code becomes bigger with that.
I am unsure if the latest versions of devkitpro work either. But I could be wrong about that one.

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
still the same problem after cleaning and rebuilding. i just get a blackscreen and the hard drive doesnt show any response.
i used 0000000E.app and 00000001.app from the sneekinstaller.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What rev. of neek are you trying to build?
I assume you have tried deleting the channelcache.bin and diconfig.bin?
What version of devkitpro are you using?
Is your wii having bootmii as boot2 or just as ios?
Have you tried uneek without di? Sneek instead of uneek?
Without debug logging, it's difficult to give help.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

domole

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant compile uneek somehow. i want to add my own code to it. it creates all the .bin files, but uneek doesnt boot, even unmodified.
any advice?
python is installed in the root of c:\, the others not. uneek+di works just fine from the installer.

I was able to get the nand working Uneek by using a Nand dump and not a clean Nand from ModMii, not sure why, but its works some what.
I can only load it my going to Bootmii as an Iso, which is a hassle but what are you going to do.
I tried Joyflow and its locking up, so I am moving foward one slow step at a time

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
any advice?

I was able to get the nand working Uneek by using a Nand dump and not a clean Nand from ModMii, not sure why, but its works some what.
I can only load it my going to Bootmii as an Iso, which is a hassle but what are you going to do.
I tried Joyflow and its locking up, so I am moving foward one slow step at a time

im sure that nand dumps on modmii works, you just need to be more patient since it will take more than 5minutes to show up the first time screen.

nokillmonkeys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
12. When ShowMiiWads pops up, type "45e" and click "ok"
That step doesn't show up. After all the files are downloaded. Text comes up fast, then ModMii Closes. I looked in the "temp" folder which contains all the downloads. Any idea's? (Using Windows 7 64 bit).

Edit:
This exact same thing happened to me and updating or downgrading to another version of ModMii did nothing to solve the problem. The only way I can get it to work now is by using it on a different computer =/

geovalley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
12. When ShowMiiWads pops up, type "45e" and click "ok"
That step doesn't show up. After all the files are downloaded. Text comes up fast, then ModMii Closes. I looked in the "temp" folder which contains all the downloads. Any idea's? (Using Windows 7 64 bit).

Edit:
This exact same thing happened to me and updating or downgrading to another version of ModMii did nothing to solve the problem. The only way I can get it to work now is by using it on a different computer =/
I had same problem a couple days ago.
It was resolved by adding an extra command somewhere. I think it might be because of the page encoding issue.
I used code page 1252 then it completed instead of exit.
Run a console with command "cmd". Change its code page to 1252 by command "chcp 1252". Exit it. Open cmd console again and issue command "chcp" to see if its code page is 1252. Now run modmii to see if it resolves your problem.

shuttlemanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I can get Sneek/Sneek+DI/Uneek/Uneek+Di all working with a vigin nand created with modMii but not joy with a BootMii dump converted with showMiiWads. I get to the startup screen and I hear the "press a button noise" then it just sits on a black screen. Have left it for up to 30 mins and nothing happens.

I read about patching with IOSKPatch but I can find the download anywhere? I wasn't even sure if that was an outdated method.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

ps3sucks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have been searching through a few threads and cannot find an answer to my question so I am posting it here:

Is it possible to make it so that sneek points to a specific folder with all the nand data?

EX: right now I have usb:/apps, ticket, shared1, etc...
but I want to make it so i have usb:/apps, nand

and put ticket, shared1, etc... inside the "nand" folder.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
I have been searching through a few threads and cannot find an answer to my question so I am posting it here:

Is it possible to make it so that sneek points to a specific folder with all the nand data?

EX: right now I have usb:/apps, ticket, shared1, etc...
but I want to make it so i have usb:/apps, nand

and put ticket, shared1, etc... inside the "nand" folder.
you need to get switch2sneek

best place to get it is from ModMii

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@shuttlemanuk
I don't think the patching is still needed.
The way you describe it, it looks like you have priiloader on your real nand.
You might try to boot into it when you removed it from your neek nand. Just to see if priiloader is causing issues.
The procedure how to do it has been described here on gbatemp not so long ago.

shuttlemanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@obcd

Thanks for the help. I looked through the gbatemp sneek threads and found people talking about it but not the actualy procedure. I found this one on another site http://sites.google....oving-preloader however. The only problem is it talks about removing and renaming a certain two files yet on my nand dump and any virgin nands I've created, there are 4 files in the folder and not just the two highlight in the guide. So instead of there being just one file called 000000xx I have three (0000007d, 0000007e & 0000007f), all of which have differing file sizes. I tried to delete all three and rename the 1000007f.app to 0000007f.app but when I booted it up I got a corrupt message say "the wii system files are corrupt". The actual text itself was broken, really weird.

I'll keep on looking, not sure where best to go from here?

Cheers

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You should only find one file that starts with the digit 1. You need to rename the 0 file with the same name (in case you want to revert things) and rename that 100000xx to 000000xx.
The 100000xx should be between 2 and 4 megabytes. the 0000000xx is between 400 and 600 kilobytes in size.
xx is different for every system menu. So you need to find which ones are the xx for your system menu.
You shouldn't touch any of the other files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu