Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this question has already been asked but If I want to transfer saves from one emu-nand to the other which folders should I copy over on my PC? I know I can use savegamemanager_gx but right now it's easier to copy folders.

Thanks in advance.

JN_big3

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, can I load GC games using UNEEK+DI off my HDD?? If yes, can I also use JoYflow to load them?? Also does JoYflow and UNEEK+DI menu load games of the games folder in my HDD?
If No can you specify to me in which folder will I put the games when I load JoYflow and another specific folder where UNEEK+DI loads the games? Also do I have to format the game to a specific format in order for JoYflow to load it?

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
can I load GC games using UNEEK+DI off my HDD??
No

can I also use JoYflow to load them??
No, but JoYflow would be capable of this if your first question could be answered with yes

Also does JoYflow and UNEEK+DI menu load games of the games folder in my HDD?
Yes

do I have to format the game to a specific format in order for JoYflow to load it?
Yes, for the next 7 days you'll have to extract them to the fst (discex) format

Reactions: 1 person

KarlS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I do admit I had a little help with setting this up, I signed up just to say thanks to everyone involved, especially crediar. It has worked perfectly thus far, and completely rectifies the worst problem with the Wii. Just a great piece of work. :D

sk0ld

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anybody tried sing4/sing the hits on uneek? i experienced a stuttering i never experienced before, only while singing.
I'd like you to try something.
In your UNEEK .elf or even the resultant kernel files, search for and change these hex values

23002158 to 2300210B FS-USB
21792000 to 210A2000 ES

They correspond to thread_set_priority values in the ES and FS modules, and this is the lowest I've found them to go. To even boot a lowered FS, you have to lower ES... FS lower than 11, and it fails.
I only ever use UNEEKwDI, and in my experience these lower thread priorities drastically improve black ops online. Not only with the headset stuttering, but the game-play as well.
If I wasn't the only one testing these changes I'd have committed by now, so (anyone) let me know if this helps (with whatever game/usb accessory) or if it breaks anything else.

edit: With SNEEK you'd change

E3A01058 to E3A0100B FS-SD
21792000 to 210A2000 ES

I haven't done any testing with this and SNEEK though. It might not even be an issue/may have to change DI if it applies, I don't know.

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
it works! i changed the values in the kernel.bin since i have my own changes in the source because my 3.0drive has a slow boot up. uneek+di.

shuttlemanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@obcd

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried as you said to rename the files but with no success. It does make a difference though. Instead of auto pressing the "a" button on the health screen it now need to be manually pressed to advance. Would this suggest that the preloaded has been removed? After the health screen it remains on black screen and I've tried most things now. I've left it for over half an hour with still nothing happening. The only things that are odd are; 1) when I back up the my nand in bootmii it initially show a bad block which disappears once it verifies, or 2) when I go to the channel manager in the wii setting whilst running my native nand there are a couple of channels that show up as question marks. Apart from that I can't think what might be causing my nand backup not to work with Sneek/Uneek when virgin hands are fine. Could it be as a result of an IOS number that I might have installed? Or possibly a bad install of something else perhaps?

Thanks for all the help

nokillmonkeys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that the reason I can't get Uneek+DI to work is because my hard drive is "slow", so I added the line of code that obcd gave PizzaPino to use as I am in the same position as him. I compiled (for the first time ever) sneek using this guide. I have kernel.bin (renamed boot2_usb), font.bin, and di.bin in my sneek folder on my hard drive, and kernel.bin (renamed boot2_usb) in my sneek folder on my SD. I have the downloaded armboot.bin in my bootmii folder. And I used ModMii to build a virgin nand. When I turn my Wii on I get absolutely nothing. Just a black screen, and no flashing or glowing of any sort.

What's wrong?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@shuttlemanuk,

yes, the fact that you need to press the A button proves that you deinstalled priiloader from the nand.
I think that the original neek google project contains a tool to check your nand. It might be worth trying that one.
It looks like some of your real nand contents are corrupt, and neek is having problems launching it.
Every installed channel has it's banner annimation. If that get's corrupt, for one channel, you will end up with a banner brick.
The real nand is encrypted, so maybe the wii is able to detect those bad channels, and for that reason they don't cause a banner brick there.
Without debug output, it's hard to tell what exactly is going wrong.

@nokillmonkeys:

A modmii virgin nand takes a long time to boot the first time.
If you interrupt the process (powering down the wii) you need to copy all nand folders back from your pc to your harddrive.
The average time on first boot is described in my poor man's sneaky backup loader (wii tutorial section)
The normal di.bin requires at least one fst extracted game in the usb drive games folder.
You might try to get uneek without di running first. Simply rename di.bin and font.bin. and see if it boots into the system menu that way.

nokillmonkeys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@obcd

I let my Wii sit for twenty minutes (and when I've used the ModMii wizard it's never taken my Wii more than five to boot up) before posting here so I don't think that is the problem. I have a "games" folder with an extracted game in it. I also tried getting just Uneek to boot and it will not; just a black screen and no flashing/glowing. I've had success getting Uneek+DI to boot before when using the full ModMii wizard. I couldn't get anything to work though unless I did a powercycle, so I figured that my problem is a slow hard drive, so this time I followed the compiling guide so that I could add in the "udelay" that you posted in the hard drive topic. I also think this is the problem because this drive works when I use Configurable USB Loader. So I have...

Bootmii/boot2
Compiled sneek with udelay code of 15 seconds (my computer doesn't recognize my drive until that long so I figure the Wii would be the same)
font.bin and armboot.bin from googlecode
Virgin 4.2U nand from ModMii

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've had success getting Uneek+DI to boot before when using the full ModMii wizard. I couldn't get anything to work though unless I did a powercycle, so I figured that my problem is a slow hard drive, so this time I followed the compiling guide so that I could add in the "udelay" that you posted in the hard drive topic.

Could you describe this a little more in detail?
Maybe you could try with another harddisk or usb stick to see if it boot's with that?
I am unsure if uneek compiles well with the latest version of devkitpro.
I vagualy remember people telling they needed to revert to an older revision of it.

You could try a sneek setup with your own compiled modules. If that works, your devkit version and the way you compile things should be fine.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
I've had success getting Uneek+DI to boot before when using the full ModMii wizard. I couldn't get anything to work though unless I did a powercycle, so I figured that my problem is a slow hard drive, so this time I followed the compiling guide so that I could add in the "udelay" that you posted in the hard drive topic.

Could you describe this a little more in detail?
Maybe you could try with another harddisk or usb stick to see if it boot's with that?
I am unsure if uneek compiles well with the latest version of devkitpro.
I vagualy remember people telling they needed to revert to an older revision of it.

You could try a sneek setup with your own compiled modules. If that works, your devkit version and the way you compile things should be fine.

neek has to be compiled with devkitarm32

wasabisun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think that the reason I can't get Uneek+DI to work is because my hard drive is "slow", so I added the line of code that obcd gave PizzaPino to use as I am in the same position as him. I compiled (for the first time ever) sneek using this guide. I have kernel.bin (renamed boot2_usb), font.bin, and di.bin in my sneek folder on my hard drive, and kernel.bin (renamed boot2_usb) in my sneek folder on my SD. I have the downloaded armboot.bin in my bootmii folder. And I used ModMii to build a virgin nand. When I turn my Wii on I get absolutely nothing. Just a black screen, and no flashing or glowing of any sort.

What's wrong?

I had your same problem and i have solved in this way:
turn wii with your hdd plugged but without sd
wait for health screen
insert sd card e press reset
now wait that uneek load

with my sdhc 4gb +hdd fat 32 i have had wait about 2 min first time,

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask - but...

Anyone else having issues with running UNEEK+DI r169? I compile everthing, copy all the appopriate files, and try to boot, and my wii just hangs with no video output. If I instead use Crediar's installer, I can successfully boot into the virtual NAND, but since it's not the latest revision, I can't use cheats

What am I doing wrong? I tried compiling on multiple computers, and I also tried using "Sneekycompiler" instead of doing everything manually, and still have no luck

Edit: Downgrading to devkitARM r32 did the trick - might be worth noting that in the first post

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Glad you solved it.
It was noted 2 posts above yours....
A agree that a more up to date tutorial would make life easier.

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad you solved it.
It was noted 2 posts above yours....
A agree that a more up to date tutorial would make life easier.
Wow. I can't believe I missed that post even after the edit. I saw an installation guide on the sneek website which said the latest version of devkitarm causes problems, so I figured I'd try the oldest version I can find.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
A noob question from someone, me, who has tried installing SNEEK before but never managed to get it to work (always had 3 flashing DVD drive lights) ....

Can any SD card be used or does it need be a SDHC card ?

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A noob question from someone, me, who has tried installing SNEEK before but never managed to get it to work (always had 3 flashing DVD drive lights) ....

Can any SD card be used or does it need be a SDHC card ?
I've used both. My regular SD card actually works a little more reliably (sometimes the SDHC isn't picked up properly and the Wii just boots straight into my system menu)

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help TerraPhantm.

Does it make any difference if I go down the UNEEK route ie only use the SD card at bootup rather than stored the NAND on the SD card ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.