Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Bloodlust

I was confused at first. You don't need to do any "soft mod" anything in the emulated nand. It contained the official "looks like" non-touched ios so that any backup game can be played there. You don't need any cios there.
Suggest you use a clean sd and copy copy_to_sd in the root, and copy copy_to_usb to usb drive root directory.
Your game should be in wbfs format under root directory named wbfs directory in the usb drive.
Atm, I can only press 1 from system menu and use overlay game list. I am still waiting for some usb load work there. B-)

Well I saw this in the first page of the topic :

If you can't get UNEEK+DI to boot

Check to make sure you have a game in the /games folder as UNEEK+DI will not boot otherwise.

>

So now should I have a game in the /games folder? Or can I just use my default wbfs folder in root? This is so confusing.. :(

I used wii backup manager to transfer my wbfs and iso files to the games folder in the sneek format. It's a little slow since it has to decrypt them.

geovalley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using neek2o is needing no more transfer. Simply use wbfs format games under wbfs directory in usb root directory.
Why transfer?

Sardtok

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I can't seem to get syncing my WiiMote to work. On my real nand (4.1J), I synced up a new controller that came with Skyward Sword just yesterday, so I'm pretty sure I'm doing the procedure correctly. Hit the red button on the Wii, hit the red button on the WiiMote and wait for the flashing to stop and the WiiMote to connect.

I created a squeeky clean nand with ModMii (had some trouble getting it to work prior to the 4.80 release), and everything booted just fine using nboot to start neek2o.

I've tried modding SYSCONF to contain the IDs of all my WiiMotes, but since I have no idea how to change the sync data on the WiiMote, this doesn't seem to help.

Could this be an issue with my Wii being Japanese? I know they say that a Japanese Wii can be used, even if the emulated nands are set to a different region (4.3P here). It's not all that critical for me to get sneek/uneek to work, but it would be nice. I have two games on the HDD, so I don't think it's a DI issue either.

Any tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
any tutorials about the new eFIX folder and how to make the new version 175 of uneek+di ?

seems straight forward... just use it in cmdprompt to patch the made dimodule , but proper instruction would be nice

Sardtok

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I can't seem to get syncing my WiiMote to work. On my real nand (4.1J), I synced up a new controller that came with Skyward Sword just yesterday, so I'm pretty sure I'm doing the procedure correctly. Hit the red button on the Wii, hit the red button on the WiiMote and wait for the flashing to stop and the WiiMote to connect.

I disconnected my HDD (it seems I had installed pure neek2o without DI), and managed to sync a WiiMote, but when I pressed A nothing happened. Tried reconnecting the HDD and restart, now I couldn't get my WiiMotes to connect.

I found out that one of my WiiMotes had actually gotten synced with it earlier, when it just hung. As it wasn't synced with my real Nand any more. I have no idea what the problem is. Now it won't even show the intro screen anymore (tried installing with DI, and remove DI again to see if it was an issue with the HDD somehow screwing up sneek and after that it wouldn't work anymore). I'll try again next weekend if I'm not too busy.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Just came to confirm that the r178 compiles properly with devkitARM r32. The game debugging options improved before by conanac are finally working with my setup (tested NSBMWii with a previously created codes.gct, with __fwrite patch off and OSSleepThread as the Hook Type).

If any of you are having problems when creating the di.bin file in the newer revisions, you may want to change lines 28 and 29 from the build_boot2.cmd batch file with this:

Code:
echo eFIX: Creating di.bin
eFIX\efix di\dimodule.elf > NUL

Hope that helps.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EFix v 0.1 by crediar
Usage:
efix.exe DIModule.elf

huh , i guess i better build these new updates and gettem working, i should stop playing with uneek2o-cdi for a minute.
we are up to rev_178 and i am unsure how to follow this:

C:\Users\mark\Desktop\sneek\176\eFIX>C:\Users\mark\Desktop\sneek\176\eFIX\efix.exe
EFix v 0.1 by crediar
Usage:
efix.exe DIModule.elf

and now ?

C:\Users\mark\Desktop\sneek\178\eFIX>C:\Users\mark\Desktop\sneek\178\eFIX\efix.exe
EFix v 0.1 by crediar
Usage:
elfins.exe DIModule.elf

i would ask in irc but the is ' no support ' stated in the topic ..... must be a misprint ?
edit=(i managed to load uneek+di_178 and see the overlay menu with efix.exe DIModule.elf)

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
must be a misprint ?

Most probably. In any case, as I stated before, it is much simpler to just modify the build_boot2.cmd file, including the command I gave in my last post. That way, the final di.bin file will be created in the root directory of the downloaded SNEEK sourcecode, like the previous revisions.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i wish i knew how to do that , i go through manually and open a cmd window for each folder
and 'make clean' , 'make' and the use the ioskpatch and elfins exe's to patch whats needed.

i build uneekdi most often but sneekdi on occasion . so i would need to have a .bat that did
madde both versions. i found a bat a year ago and arbin was nice enough to make 1 for me once.
but crashed hdd's and changes made to sneek have left me doing it manualy.
but i geuss its good since i am not left without and waiting for help or an instaler.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
i wish i knew how to do that , i go through manually and open a cmd window for each folder
and 'make clean' , 'make' and the use the ioskpatch and elfins exe's to patch whats needed.

i build uneekdi most often but sneekdi on occasion . so i would need to have a .bat that did
madde both versions. i found a bat a year ago and arbin was nice enough to make 1 for me once.
but crashed hdd's and changes made to sneek have left me doing it manualy.
but i geuss its good since i am not left without and waiting for help or an instaler.

You can edit *.cmd and *.bat files with the Notepad. It's not rocket science. :rofl2:

Also, the build_boot2.cmd file is included in the SNEEK sourcecode; you don't have to create it from scratch. And yes, it also builds the UNEEK binary file (boot2_usb.bin).

What's exactly your problem?

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry if you though i am having a problem still , i have no problem now , i have it all set up.

but your mention of this build boot2.cmd started something in my head.
i was just curious about the build boot2.cmd thing , but i can manage without it.
i haven't got 1, nor do i know how to make 1 in notepad ... but i have edited .bat files before so i assume
i can easily edit the file with your earlier instruction . just have no idea where to start.
i normally find a tutorial i can follow and and make adjustments to suit me (i am really noob ... i just like to tinker)

since you mentioned this i have been poking through the neek2o source and found something like your build boot2.cmd and
overall it looks easy enough to edit and create , i would need to study up on it for sure.
thanks for showing me there is another way to do this.

Wii_Juggalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using UNEEK+DI The EMulated NAND has 50 gig but wii system says it has 2140 blocks available. That's not right is it? or is that as high as the number can go?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The number of available blocks is a fixed value. Even after you installed some stuff, it shouldn't change.
The correct number of blocks could probably confuse some programs, as it should exceed what is theoretically possible with the real nand chip.

Wii_Juggalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uneek +DI worked for me until I put my games on the hard drive. I've rebuilt another virgin nand and did all the installations and things all over again and it still isn't working anymore. Anyone know what the deal is?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What revision are you talking about? You say it worked untill you put your games on the harddrive? Everybody states you need at least 1 game on your harddisk to make it work.
It's a bit contradictionary what you are saying now, unless you did something else besides transferring your games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Welp I'm off to best buy because I figured out how to shove another 14tb hard drive in this server 😂