Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

felixm477

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone shed some light on step 8? im lost as to what file needs to be copied where and how, im new at this and some details would be appreciated thanks!

edit: nevermind i figured it out, the op should add that the nand.bin needs to be extracted via nand extractor in order to get the tik file.

mewii

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Would anyone help me? I tried installing uneek+di using both modmii and sneek installer. I noticed that Sneek installer does not create a font file on my usb drive. After both types of installs my drive slot starts flashing slowly. I tried renaming the kernel files to boot2 andboot2_usb. In those cases the drive slot light is on all the time. What can it be?

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
mewii said:
Would anyone help me? I tried installing uneek+di using both modmii and sneek installer. I noticed that Sneek installer does not create a font file on my usb drive. After both types of installs my drive slot starts flashing slowly. I tried renaming the kernel files to boot2 andboot2_usb. In those cases the drive slot light is on all the time. What can it be?

Be sure you have the font.bin, kernel.bin (renamed boot2_usb.bin) and di.bin files in USB:\sneek. On your SD card, you should only have the kernel.bin at SD:\sneek, and the armboot.bin from SNEEK on the "bootmii" folder, of course.

BTW, you have nothing to lose if you reformat your USB drive using the FAT32 Format utility. I highly recommend that program,

mewii

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help. It is still not working. I tried building a plain sneek install. Now it gives me a single brief flash, which apparently means that it couldn't find a required tmd file. How can i check the integrity of the nand built by modmii, since that would be the problem if i understand everything correctly. Also why doesn't modmii create a folders shared 2, temp, meta and import?

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
mewii said:
Thanks for the help. It is still not working. I tried building a plain sneek install. Now it gives me a single brief flash, which apparently means that it couldn't find a required tmd file. How can i check the integrity of the nand built by modmii, since that would be the problem if i understand everything correctly. Also why doesn't modmii create a folders shared 2, temp, meta and import?

1. AFAIK, there's is no program that checks the integrity of a NAND dump. The SNEEKInstaller *supposedly* has that function included, but it seems crediar hasn't enabled it at all.

2. Because those folders are automatically generated by the System Menu on the first boot.

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will be updating this within the next week or so to include the new updates and additional cheat options. I have 1 more week to go of school and I'm cramming for exams. I WAS busy with my PS3 for a couple weeks, but I don't have time for anything now that finals are here. Thanks for all the updates and the people helping others with their problems.

Thanks for the updates and help,

sorry I haven't been here,

ChokeD

mewii

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I am perplexed. Converted my old 3.4 nand dump to sneek format, works like a charm. Now i am sure the problem is with the modmii nand built. I would use my old, but i am not sure if i can update to the latest firmware, and i think i installed a cios on that one. Would anyone give me a hint how to get a clean sneek 4.3 dump from my 3.4 "dirty" one?

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
mewii said:
Okay, I am perplexed. Converted my old 3.4 nand dump to sneek format, works like a charm. Now i am sure the problem is with the modmii nand built. I would use my old, but i am not sure if i can update to the latest firmware, and i think i installed a cios on that one. Would anyone give me a hint how to get a clean sneek 4.3 dump from my 3.4 "dirty" one?

Use the mode ShowMiiNand in ShowMiiWads to install the System Menu 4.3 and IOS80 WAD's (get them with NUS Downloader), then delete any title/channel you think you're not going to need. Next, manually delete the four folders you mentioned before and all the files in title/00000001/00000002/data excluding the setting.txt. That's all.

BTW, you may have to re-synchronize your WiiMotes due to these changes.

mewii

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for help! Stupid me! I forgot my wii is connected through a component cable and i have a pal wii, so i had to change the cord! Sneek is working like charm. Now that i got Sneek working will work on uneek + di! Thank you, again!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
mewii said:
Thank you for help! Stupid me! I forgot my wii is connected through a component cable and i have a pal wii, so i had to change the cord! Sneek is working like charm. Now that i got Sneek working will work on uneek + di! Thank you, again!
huh? sneek doesn't work using component cables??? did i miss something?

mewii

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
huh? sneek doesn't work using component cables??? did i miss something?
It does. When you start a pal wii it seems that wii is set by default to 50hz, therefore signal cannot be displayed through a component cable.
Okay, i have a different problem. I cannot get my homebrew channel working. It just hangs at the scam screen.

mewii

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif
Still can't solve the problem with homebrew channel. Want to play some super mario world on snes9x gx
frown.gif
. Any help guys?

Lyker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't been modding my Wii in a while now.

Is there any USB Loader that work with SNEEK or do you still have to compile your own?
Has there been any update to DI module so you don't need a gamecube controller any longer?

Thanks =)

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need a gamecube controller anymore for the DI menu and the DI menu is now more than adequate where you don't need a usb loader, and there aren't any that work.

Lyker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
NReale3370 said:
You don't need a gamecube controller anymore for the DI menu and the DI menu is now more than adequate where you don't need a usb loader, and there aren't any that work.

Thanks man! =)

Lyker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get it to work.
With 2 of my SD cards nothing happens.
With and old SD card and from usb (using uneek) I get a green screen with scolling dots.

Anyone know what that could be?
I have tried 4.2/4.3 + EU/US

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1