Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ds.gif
SNAFU ported to DS
Early light cycle game.
gummo has released a port of the intellivision game SNAFU. Notably this port features wireless play with up to 3 players.

click to enlarge image​

icon11.gif
release post (retroemu)
download.gif
Filetrip download

Thanks to pdroms for the news.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is this local wifi or internet wifi?

Internet wifi wouldn't be as good, but I didn't think they had cracked the local wifi.
frown.gif

What would be awesome would be 2p on the same DS! (one person on D-Pad, one person on buttons)

gocontourgo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad someone actually likes my game.

The multiplayer is played through local wifi. I used liblobby.

I could add 2 player support on one ds if it was really wanted by people. I also had another game mode idea to add. Everyone would start with a set snake length and after time their snake size would get bigger and you would want to avoid hitting anything. It pretty much takes some aspects of the Bite and Trap modes and combines them.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to actually own this game game on a real Intellivision. Before I got rid of the unit, I ended up with 73 games for the system.

I know that there was SUPPOSED to be an Intellivision compilation released for the DS, but the creators never found a publisher....apparently. It's one system that would really benefit from the touchscreen.....using it for the overlay buttons. Could even have a pic of the overlay ion the touchscreen.....

Here was the peeps that was supposed to have created it:
http://www.intellivisiongames.com/

They don't even mention the DS version anymore.
frown.gif

EDIT: Found the bit where they talked about a DS version:
http://www.intellivisiongames.com/media/ne...news051115.html

Someone needs to make an Intellivision emulator for the DS. Playing it on the PC sucks because of the combination of controller and keyboard you must use to do it.

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a black background? The original has a white background.

I still have the original of this game, it was my favorite game I owned for the Intellivision.
I also have Intellivision Lives for Gamecube, but Intellivision Lives for DS would be awesome. It's a shame it's never been published. I'd get that game.
I also have one of those 25-in-one Intellivision things, but it's not great at all. I mean, they don't even use original sound effects.
huh.gif

Anyway, might download.
smile.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Given the entire game is less than most flash cart save files and it has a nice little multiplayer it is staying on my carts. That and I am a sucker for tron/light cycle games.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brocktree said:
I seem to only get white screens when using it on the r4. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

The fact that the R4 is DEAD might be a good reason.

Seriously though, the R4 was never the greatest for homebrew support.

Brocktree

Trophies
XP
Country
Well Rayder sorry for owning an r4...but if you didnt have any suggestions to help or a proper answer then dont say anything at all. All you could have said was "Not r4 compatible" there simple as that. But no you went further to torment me by telling me what i already know.
Yes i do know the R4 is dead. Yes i know it was never the greatest homebrew support. No need to state the obvious.
=D Nice work Rayder.
bow.gif

currynoodles

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Ooo.. yes. 2 player on 1 DS sounds like a good idea! One play on the directional pad and the other on the XYAB buttons. I'm sure other people who love this would love that feature as well.
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1