Smash Direct Live Update: DEC 15th 2PM PST

Super_Smash_Bros_4_merged_logo,_no_subtitle.png

The final Smash Bros update is upon us, and I'll be giving you all the latest updates if you can't be bothered to watch the stream itself.

If you would like to watch the stream, here are some links where you can see it live.

:arrow: NINTENDO'S SITE
:arrow: NINTENDO TWITCH

LIVE UPDATES BELOW:
  • Fire emblem reveals right out of the gate! HERE COMES CORRIN FROM FIRE EMBLEM FATES!
  • Looks like we are now at 6 FE characters for Smash! Also with a female alternative, ala Robin.
  • Corrin's primary method of fighting is allowing him to transform from multiple dragon forms. Tip strength much like Marth's sword.
  • Stun strikes, long reach, quick movement, Corrin is looking pretty broken so far...
  • Wide angled counters and up-b's for range coverage.
  • New music from Fire Emblem Fates!
  • New Fates Trophies
  • February 2016 release for Corrin
  • Cloud information now!
  • Cloud will be available soon...
  • Cloud has a 3hit chain attack
  • Cloud has costumes from advent children, 2 different ones.
  • Limit Gauge will constantly fill, ala Little Mac's KO gauge. You can fill this gague with down B.
  • Each B move will be a different limit break attack once the gague is filled, one time use.
  • Finishing touch is a down special that allows for enormous launch.
  • Midgar Stage!
  • Summon Materia constantly appears, available for all players. You can summon monsters with it that act a bit like assist trophies.
  • At least 8 different summons, all with unique abilities that can change the fate of the game dramatically.
  • The 3DS version will also have summons!
  • Cloud will be available today!!!! 5.99!
  • Chocobo hats for mii fighters!
  • GENO COSTUME FOR MII'S
  • The final Mii fighter costumes revealed!
  • Geno, Chocobo hats, Bionic Armor, Takamaru, Ashley from wario ware, Gil from tower of dragul, Tails from sonic, Knuckles from sonic
  • THE FINAL FIGHTER IS...
  • BAYONETTA JOINS THE FIGHT!!!
  • Bullet artes, hair attacks, witch time, Bayonetta 1 costumes, a new Bayonetta stage, a final smash of enormous demons!
  • Bayonetta won the smash ballot
  • When Witch time fails, you'll turn into a bat to reduce damage.
  • Multiple costumes
  • Bullet Climax is her standard special.
  • Side special heel slide on the ground, afterburner kick in the air. Allows for two strikes in the air at a diagonal angle.
  • Witch Twist Up special, short recovery but allows for bullet damage. Can also be used twice.
  • The final smash has to be filled to summon the infernal demon while in witch time.
  • Umbra Clock tower stage with original music. From Bayonetta 1
  • Targeting February 2016 release.
  • Amiibo of Roy and Ryu cming March 18th
  • Amiibo will also be coming for all new fighters of course!
  • 58 fighters and 84 stages! ENORMOUS!
  • 743 trophies and 704 trophies for wii u and 3ds respectively.
  • THANK YOU SAKURAI!

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't say I'm overly hyped for Corrin. Looks like a great character and all, and at least deviates from the standard Fire Emblem swordfighter style, but surely FE has enough representation at this point, especially when it's never really been one of the 'legendary' franchises or anything. It's well loved by fans, myself included, but hardly a household name like Mario and Zelda, even with Awakening being the best reason to own a 3DS. Still, new character is always welcome, and it's a unique fighting style to play around with. They could redress the balance somewhat in the inevitable next game by just making the Marth/Roy/Lucina clones all one character slot like with the Koopa Kids, to be honest.

I'm refreshing my online banking every few seconds for when my wages go in at some point over the next few hours, the moment they do I'm hitting the AOC Store and getting my Cloud on.

As for Bayonetta...well that came right the f*ck out of nowhere. An inclusion we all figured was basically impossible thanks to Nintendo's squeaky clean kid friendly image, but damn did they go and do it anyway. NEVER saw that coming. Can't believe she won the ballot. I was mortified that Shrek or some other troll suggestion would be the winner because people, by and large, are fucktards. She looks OP as all hell with that insane combo potential though. In the hands of even a semi-skilled player she's likely going straight to the upper floors of most tier lists.

As for the rest of it, chocobo hat is awesome, Tails and Knuckles costumes look kinda wierd but nice to have them, everything else aside from the two awesome new stages...meh. Quick question though; where are you getting 8 summons from? Did I mishear or something? I swear there were only 5. Ifrit, Ramuh, Leviathan, Odin and Bahamut Zero. When were the other 3 mentioned?

YamiZee

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I just wish they would've released more nintendo-esque characters. I mean less "realistic" looking humans. More cartoony types of characters yknow.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
You must be a big fire emblem fan then. All the characters from nintendo's history that they have and they choose yet another fire emblem character. Too many from that franchise.

Not really. I only really liked Awakening and before that iv never really played any Fire Emblem game lol

I play smash more for the competative aspect tho and i view Corrin's inclusion more as "another character" and not "another fire emblem character". I wouldnt care if the whole roster was pokemon characters as long as they all had different movesets. Thats the main appeal for me. Corrin looks cool, has a completely new moveset and has an alternate female costume and not just a palette swap. That (for me) is a perfect inclusion.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the ballot was literally where you type everything in

1. name of character
2. game they are from
3. why

Yeah, I didn't know that, her inclusion is the best bit of news to me from the Smash camp. Really, the more the merrier when it comes to character and stages. Whether I play them personally or not, I just like the massive selection.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bayonetta looks really hype, glad she got in somehow. Honestly I probably prefer this over just about anything else people were crying for. Nice original character with unique moves and gimmicks.

zezzo

The "Black Ace"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0MxRkaw.png
Europe didn't even buy the game compared to NA. I feel like the ballot was completely fake. I really wanted the inklings :(

Last edited by zezzo,

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm assuming the phrase 'negotiable and realisable characters' was put in place to explain why my request for a Belmont character went unresolved, most likely due to Konami being a massive bag of dicks these days. Probably explains the lack of Banjo/Kazooie and other highly demanded characters as well. Probably got plenty of votes but stuck in paperwork hell. Maybe they need more time, maybe they'll show up in the inevitable next game in the series.

Still, let's not be looking a gift horse in the mouth, or however that ridiculous phrase goes. We got a good run of DLC for over a year instead of getting ripped off buying things we already paid for on the original game. Let's not be ruining that kind gesture by bitching about what could have been in our own personal ideas of the perfect world. Would it have been nice to see Simon Belmont, or Banjo, or Shovel Knight, or whoever? Sure. But these are the breaks, and we're not exactly getting jipped here.

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
I find the prices to be ridiculously high (specifically in the European store).
Thank god for piracy.

Anyhow, nothing I care for was announced. Pirates can't be choosers amirite?

Reactions: zezzo

Jack_Sparrow

Ruthless Pirate
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank god for piracy.

yep your right! Heck i'm a REAL pirate! I should know! (And no i don't mean an online pirate)

Reactions: WeedZ and Varia

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thank god for piracy.

Costs ₱14,999.00 here for a 3ds xl. That's nearly 2700 Krona in your country. It's expensive. Games are no different.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, hi