Smash Bros. "Unable to use save data since it is not the latest data" after savedatafiler import

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by chango, Dec 20, 2015.

1. chango
    OP

chango GBAtemp Regular

Dec 5, 2005
    Syria
    I just managed to export my Smash Bros. save data from the cartridge to my CIA install of the same game.

Now when the game starts it says: "Unable to use save data since it is not the latest data" after savedatafiler import"

Is this because:

a) I already had started a new game of Smash which in turn created exdata which is dated later than the data that exists from my cartridge's save game?

b) I was on a lower version of Smash Bros. when I was playing off cartridge than is now currently installed?

c) I have more DLC now than I did when I had the cartridge?

Any ideas what the best course of action is? Thanks in advance for any help!

SOLVED: I deleted the secure value as well as the existing extdata before importing.

Last edited by chango, Dec 21, 2015
  2. shadowofdarkness

shadowofdarkness GBAtemp Fan

Apr 17, 2007
    Canada
    Delete the secure value in savedatafiler.

3. chango
    OP

chango GBAtemp Regular

Dec 5, 2005
    Syria
    Secure value was already deleted. This was solved by deleting the existing extdata before importing.

4. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Read somewhere on here that savedatafiler had to be revision 53438 or higher to delete secure value but the only verison i can find is revision 53176.

5. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    53176 has delete secure value just fine. Also extdata isn't secure value.