Hacking Smash bros not working on Gateway 3ds Ultra?

Angelus88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey fellas, im new here on this forum. But i have a slight problem. I have a gateway 3ds card, but whenever i start the smash bros game, the screen goes black and hangs there. Any other game works, EXCEPT smash bros. My Ds is running on 6.2.0-11e.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheer!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Smash Bros takes a long time to start because the 3DS has to switch into extended memory mode.
Give it a couple minutes and the loading icon on the bottom right should appear.
Also, make sure your SD card is at least 4 GB as it won't work with smaller cards for some reason people still have not understood. It appears the retail card works fine on a legit 3DS, it's only flashcarts that have this problem.
Edit: As mentioned above you'll also need an updated emuNAND. At least 7.x is required for Smash to work.

Reactions: ryanjf97

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I've played SSB4 with gateway and there were jo issues at all (the loading at the beginning is very long so give it a bit to load, if it still doesn't load try redownloading the rom cuz you might have a bad dump).

Angelus88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanx for the reply guys.

- My SD card is 8GB, so im guessing thats not the problem.
- Ive waited quite a long time for it to boot, which it didnt.

And ive googled the emunand thing, but i couldnt get a conclusive tutorial. Just how am i supposed to update the emunand and not the sysnand?

Edit: I tried putting the blue card in the Ds and such, but it gives me an error message that it cannot boot or such. Do i need to downgrade my firmware or something?

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How to update your emunand:

- Make sure your 3DS is connected to a power source, as you don't want the console to turn itself off at any point.
- Switch on your 3DS and boot into emunand
- Enter the settings while in emunand.

Attention: Read the following steps very carefully, as messing things up at this point will result in updating your sysnand instead!!!

- Take a look at the bottom right corner of the top screen, where the version of your emunand will be displayed.
- Make sure that it reads "GW3D X.X.X-XXE" with the important part being the "GW3D".
- Do NOT continue if the "GW3D" is missing! If it is missing, it means you're looking at the settings of your sysnand and not those of your emunand!
- If you can confirm the "GW3D" is present, do NOT leave the system settings at any point before you finished updating your emunand!
- After confirming you are in emunand settings by locating the "GW3D" in front of the system version, click the icon that reads "Other settings"
- Head to page 4 and tap the option "System Update"
- Folliow the on-screen instructions to update your emunand
- After the system finished updating, you should turn your 3DS off.
- Turn it back on and head into emunand
- While in emunand, head into the settings
- The system version in the bottom right corner of the top screen should now read "GW3D 9.4.0-21E"

Attention: If you leave the settings now, the 3DS will boot back into sysnand. So you need to launch the browser exploit again in order to return to emunand!

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Managed to start all games! :D thanx for all the help.

But a tiny question tho. Is it needed to do the broswer thing everytime? or is there a way to keep the 3ds on the gateway mode?
Everytime you leave EmuNAND, you will have to re-do the exploit. No way around that. Just don't power off your 3DS and boot into another app from Smash (or any other game that requires additional memory) and you shouldn't need to do it very often.

Angelus88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah good to know. But i do have one issue with booting to gateway mode. When i do the exploit on the browser, it doesnt work when the cartridge is inside. It only works when the cartridge isnt inserted. is that normal?

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ah good to know. But i do have one issue with booting to gateway mode. When i do the exploit on the browser, it doesnt work when the cartridge is inside. It only works when the cartridge isnt inserted. is that normal?
Shouldn't be. The best exploit IMO is still the profile exploit. Downgrade your console and install the profile exploit via the blue card, with that no connection is needed and you can take your GW and 3ds wherever you go with no hassle.

Reactions: bostonBC

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the red card is inserted, you should boot straight to Gateway mode. If it's not inserted, you will boot into the Gateway menu.

Angelus88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I read something on the official website that downgrading is an experimental feauture? That only certain devices should try it. So i dont think i have the balls to downgrade it haha

Edit: or are they just saying that as a precaution? Because the requirement of wifi is kinda killing the fun yea..

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
There is 100% success rate regarding the downgrade function, if you follow a proper tutorial that is. And it's really not that difficult to do, you literally have to place the correct gateway.dg file of your region on the SD card, make a nand backup and hit downgrade.

Angelus88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mmmm... sounds very intresting. But i think i will wait a bit, see what the results are. Those warning messages kinda make me jumpy :3
But i loveeeee this card.

PS: What does the blue card do anyway. It seems just for show lol.. i mean.. i dont need it to boot or anything?

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
mmmm... sounds very intresting. But i think i will wait a bit, see what the results are. Those warning messages kinda make me jumpy :3
But i loveeeee this card.

PS: What does the blue card do anyway. It seems just for show lol.. i mean.. i dont need it to boot or anything?

There isnt much to fear from when downgrading a EU - US console since its more or less perfect. You can see here the list of success of downgraded consoles - not a single brick. The blue card is used for the profile exploit that is only available for the 4.x users.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If i downgrade, i can still use emunand to play all the recent or upcomming games no?

sorry. first day i got this card. i know absolutely nothing about it hehhehehehe

OFC you can, and when you downgrade the emunand partition wont be deleted or anything. You will only have to format your sysnand to unlink emunand and sysnand to prevent the update nag - so before you downgrade your console just format sysnand from the settings and youre good to go ( keep in mind that will delete everything from your SD card so if you have any saves you should probably back up your SD before you format your Sysnand ).

Heres a really good tutorial on how to safely downgrade your console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night