Hacking Smash 4 Easy CSS Editor

Kaguura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was told to go into the ui_character.db.bin and change line 10 in their entry to 0.
It worked

Edit: Should've tested a bit more, the bp and result portraits are now missing. I remember reading somewhere how to fix it but I can't remember the source.

Last edited by Kaguura,

Segtendo

#TeamMarie
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It worked

Edit: Should've tested a bit more, the bp and result portraits are now missing. I remember reading somewhere how to fix it but I can't remember the source.
Gotta merge the stuff in the append folder with the replace folder. Just copy everything from inside the append folder, go into replace, and paste it.

Nanobuds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am also getting the error of Mii fighters turning into Mario.

Do you know of a way to remove the icon completely, without deleting the Miis??

jam1garner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I launch the program, all that is in the columns are mii's
For me I have all I get is all mii's and nothing else, also, is this 3ds only?
Hmm that is odd, could you send me your ui_character_db.bin so I can see what the issue is?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmm... I rearranged my CSS successfully. However, the DLC characters refused to move and the Mii icon turned into Mario. WTF.
I got the same problem, the dlc characters did rearrange but they're still on the last row
Ok so the deal with DLC characters is that if you cannot move them any farther than the dlc section if they are seen as DLC characters. There is a parameter you can edit to change to make them be movable. The reason I did not include this in my tool is that it enables easy piracy of these characters which is something I'd rather do. If you already have the DLC characters and you want to rearrange them, feel free to find and change this parameter on your own but I am afraid I cannot provide you with anymore info on this.

ALSO it is REALLY important that if you do this that you do not redistribute ui_character_db's that have any dlc characters set as not dlc. This is downright piracy and every modding site around will remove your post.

I was told to go into the ui_character.db.bin and change line X in their entry to Y.
Just saying I believe it is considered against the rules of this forum to provide such information as this is piracy so I will leave it up to you and the mods about whether or not that message should be deleted.

Last edited by jam1garner,

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super appreciate your diligence in upholding the Temp rules, but I will note for the people who see

every modding site around will remove your post.

DarkSomethingorother kind of doesn't give much of a shit and that iso site is, well, that iso site. Hunt there, if you're desperate enough, or post there if you're thirsty enough. But not here.

Segtendo

#TeamMarie
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok so the deal with DLC characters is that if you cannot move them any farther than the dlc section if they are seen as DLC characters. There is a parameter you can edit to change to make them be movable. The reason I did not include this in my tool is that it enables easy piracy of these characters which is something I'd rather do. If you already have the DLC characters and you want to rearrange them, feel free to find and change this parameter on your own but I am afraid I cannot provide you with anymore info on this.
I was hanging out on the Smash 4 modding Discord, and they told me how to fix it (I already have all the DLC characters). However, how would one go about fixing the Mii icon turning into Mario?

Last edited by Segtendo,

jam1garner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hanging out on the Smash 4 modding Discord, and they told me how to fix it (I already have all the DLC characters). However, how would one go about fixing the Mii icon turning into Mario?
Uploaded a fix a fix a while ago, just rerun "Fix Missing Characters" and it'll fix the Mii Icon.

darkblade273

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question but what are these files?

Put this in the same folder as ui_character_db.bin and global_parameter_menu.bin and run it with python 2.7 installed. Edit what you want then hit save.
These can be found in:
/data(xx_xx)/param/ui/
/data(xx_xx)/param/global_parameters/

jam1garner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question but what are these files?

Put this in the same folder as ui_character_db.bin and global_parameter_menu.bin and run it with python 2.7 installed. Edit what you want then hit save.
These can be found in:
/data(xx_xx)/param/ui/
/data(xx_xx)/param/global_parameters/

Those are the files the default game rules (global_parameter_menu.bin) and the UI info for characters (ui_character_db.bin) respectively. They can be extracted from a dump of smash using sm4shexplorer.

Harmonia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I got both the files I need in the folder with the python file but it doesn't seem to be opening when I double click. Is there a specific command I have to type in cmdprompt?

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok after opening my ui_character_db there was a char_4294967295 after editing my ui_character_db so i can move the DLC characters i do own the DLC
and for some reason the random icon on the select screen is Mario

Last edited by AyanamiRei0,

darkblade273

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do I do after I save the new roster? Do I replace the files I extracted in Sm4shExplorer with the ones I used after I hit save?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1