• Views 209,333
  • Replies 1,584
  • Likes 7

Caseyfam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Caseyfam the way I remove the edge.mbn is crashing it how do you remove the edge.mbn?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Caseyfam so in 3dsmax it shows the model rigged it moves with the bones etc but when I put it in the game he's t-posing
With the T-Posing thing, I have no idea. Typically when something goes wrong I just start over completely to get a fresh vanilla model, but you can export only your modified meshes as a DAE or something without the bone structure if you've already UV mapped and stuff and simply Export and Reimport and then Re-attach. Like I said, I haven't tried making anything quality so I just restart on a whim.

As for the edge.mbn thing, I recommended taking a look at a modified edge.mbn and a vanilla edge.mbn. There's a section that you select, right click, and fill selection with the hex value "FF 00 00 64 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00". Also, you need to empty out both the c0X and h0X edge.mbn files since they're slightly different and (I believe) not interchangeable.

I've attached some empty edge.mbn files for Mario I made. Compare them to their vanilla counterparts if you're still having trouble.

Attachments

• mario.7z
    16.8 KB · Views: 223

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Result:
HNI_0094.JPG
HNI_0095.JPG
HNI_0096.JPG
HNI_0097.JPG
HNI_0098.JPG
HNI_0099.JPG

@Caseyfam

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Now it's unblock!
thank you

yyaayy you're fatty XD
and why the model breaks? like the hat is breaked and when luigi is jumping some textures gets red?

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
thank you

yyaayy you're fatty XD
and why the model breaks? like the hat is breaked and when luigi is jumping some textures gets red?
I lost 5 kilos within a month. I might get thin by the next 5 month. :<

Anyways, I assume that the cause might be similar to Mario's issue. Best possible way to fix it is to rename one of the meshes.

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I lost 5 kilos within a month. I might get thin by the next 5 month. :<

Anyways, I assume that the cause might be similar to Mario's issue. Best possible way to fix it is to rename one of the meshes.
I think I'll wait to try it only when I have 100% approved tutorials XD
And do not worry about being chubby, and be like you like to be ^^

Reactions: Miguel Gomez

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Clouded Sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, it's okay to link my signature on the OP, since not a lot of the skins have CSPs.

Cloud 9 Mario

Attachments

• Cloud 9 Mario.zip
    308.4 KB · Views: 261

EmulatorLover

3ds master race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the T-Posing thing, I have no idea. Typically when something goes wrong I just start over completely to get a fresh vanilla model, but you can export only your modified meshes as a DAE or something without the bone structure if you've already UV mapped and stuff and simply Export and Reimport and then Re-attach. Like I said, I haven't tried making anything quality so I just restart on a whim.

As for the edge.mbn thing, I recommended taking a look at a modified edge.mbn and a vanilla edge.mbn. There's a section that you select, right click, and fill selection with the hex value "FF 00 00 64 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00". Also, you need to empty out both the c0X and h0X edge.mbn files since they're slightly different and (I believe) not interchangeable.

I've attached some empty edge.mbn files for Mario I made. Compare them to their vanilla counterparts if you're still having trouble.
yah that's what I did in fact I have a tutorial on my youtube page about it that i uploaded a few days ago:

Deleted member 400504

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting find, Removing the RotN bone from all meshes let my Wii Fit trainer model load in smash3ds without crashing. The issue now is that it's very distorted. But progress is progress :D

Reactions: Caseyfam

Caseyfam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting find, Removing the RotN bone from all meshes let my Wii Fit trainer model load in smash3ds without crashing. The issue now is that it's very distorted. But progress is progress :D
Didn't work for Sonic unfortunately.

Over the past week, I've come up with a theory as to what's going on. Hypothetically, you should be able to export a model from the game and reimport it perfectly since you're not changing anything. So then, why do we have missing meshes, misappropriated textures, and characters that don't load? I'm guessing that there's something fucky going on with Ohana's MBN export. When reimported, Mario's textures are offset, Toon Link's rigging is "close" but not perfect, and I'm guessing errors in exported rigs causes characters like Sonic and Wii Fit Trainer to not load by default.

Smash Forge has some WIP MBN stuff on the github, so hopefully one day we'll see that fully implemented. Again, this is all just a guess as to what's going on, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro