ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ordim3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, i decided to work on my marth mod, and i increased the range of the tip and removed the other parts that aren't the tip
Edit: I added Allow_Interrupt() in the code for making it faster and more broken:grog:
Code:
5A: [AttackAirF]
    Script:{
       Allow_Interrup ()
        Set_bit(Unknown=0x2100000D)
        Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=5)
        Defensive_Hitbox(Unknown=0x2, Unknown=0x3EA, Unknown=0, Unknown=0, Unknown=6)
        unk_AC811479(Unknown=0xD, Unknown=0xFFFFFFFF)
        Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=6)
        Hitbox(ID=0x2, Part=0x0, Bone=0x3EA, Damage=11, Angle=0x5, KBG=0x169, FKB=0x5A, BKB=0x0, Size=100, Z=3, Y=5, X=0, Effect=0x0, Trip=7, Hitlag=7, SDI=2, Clang=0x0, Unknown=0x1, ShieldDamage=0x19, SFXType=0x1, Ground/Air=0x1, Direct/Indirect=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x2)
        Synchronous_Timer(Frames=3)
        Remove_All_Hitboxes()
        Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=3)
        Clear_bit(Unknown=0x2100000D)
        Script_End()
    }
and here's the range (The red line represents the range)
Hg7ITiK.png

Last edited by Ordim3n,

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, i decided to work on my marth mod, and i increased the range of the tip and removed the other parts that aren't the tip
Code:
5A: [AttackAirF]
    Script:{
        Set_bit(Unknown=0x2100000D)
        Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=5)
        Defensive_Hitbox(Unknown=0x2, Unknown=0x3EA, Unknown=0, Unknown=0, Unknown=6)
        unk_AC811479(Unknown=0xD, Unknown=0xFFFFFFFF)
        Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=6)
        Hitbox(ID=0x2, Part=0x0, Bone=0x3EA, Damage=11, Angle=0x5, KBG=0x169, FKB=0x5A, BKB=0x0, Size=100, Z=3, Y=5, X=0, Effect=0x0, Trip=7, Hitlag=7, SDI=2, Clang=0x0, Unknown=0x1, ShieldDamage=0x19, SFXType=0x1, Ground/Air=0x1, Direct/Indirect=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x2)
        Synchronous_Timer(Frames=3)
        Remove_All_Hitboxes()
        Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=3)
        Clear_bit(Unknown=0x2100000D)
        Script_End()
    }
and here's the range (The red line represents the range)
Hg7ITiK.png
Kind of like that video where chroms model was over Marth but due to some of Marths bone issues chroms could hit everyone on the map regardless of where he was right?

Last edited by WarioTails358,

Ordim3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kind of like that video where chroms model was over Marth but due to some of Marths bone issues chroms could hit everyone on the map regardless of where he was right?
yeah but kind of different, because if you look at the code, i increased originally the size from 3,5 to 40 and now from 40 to 100. So it's does the same effect but not the same way

LuigiSmash220

Private Sm4sh modder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Couldn't it be because of the low and high poly models? Wii U only has one model for each character right?
Maybe
but i think someone from before tried using high poly models in battle it worked but was very laggy if i remember correctly.
So I believe the wii u is able to use models even if a few bones are missing and 3ds may need all the bones or it would crash

PokemonCrazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made some CSPs and stock images for shiny Greninja and for Sceptile (even though nobody's made a Sceptile mod yet; I just love the Smashified Sceptile art).
Previews:
nYNVO.png
nYNWW.png

Left them as .png files so you can convert them and put them in whatever slot you want. Personally, I have shiny Greninja over 04 (black Greninja alt) and Sceptile over Mewtwo_07 (blue Mewtwo alt).

Attachments

• shinygreninja.zip
    100.4 KB · Views: 94
  • sceptile.zip
    127 KB · Views: 81
Last edited by PokemonCrazy,

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe
but i think someone from before tried using high poly models in battle it worked but was very laggy if i remember correctly.
So I believe the wii u is able to use models even if a few bones are missing and 3ds may need all the bones or it would crash
Was the high poly models in battle on 3ds or wii u?
whenever i replace a model with the high res model, the game defaults to the original model.
(on 3ds)

Charizarding

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW, I'd just like to take the time to thank everyone on here who helped me solve all my issues with this a few days ago. It's working perfectly now, and I couldn't be happier. :)

ShadowLuigi~NG~

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't it be because of the low and high poly models? Wii U only has one model for each character right?

The Wii U version indeed does have Low Poly models. However, these models are only really only used for 8 player smash. It varies on the character. Extremely high poly characters like Cloud uses his where as Kirby may not need to do so.

Reactions: soniczx123

Caseyfam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any development on custom stages? All I've seen recently in this thread is texture swaps and some weird model swaps.

Phanton

GBAtemp's Nui lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The Wii U version indeed does have Low Poly models. However, these models are only really only used for 8 player smash. It varies on the character. Extremely high poly characters like Cloud uses his where as Kirby may not need to do so.
That's indeed a surprise, and I haven't notices even though I play a lot of 8 player matches, the more you know I guess

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Any development on custom stages? All I've seen recently in this thread is texture swaps and some weird model swaps.
smb123w64gb has made the first completely custom stage recently, believe it or not!

Last edited by Yudowat,

Caseyfam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smb123w64gb has made the first completely custom stage recently, believe it or not!

I'm aware, which is why I thought I'd ask in the 3DS section regarding 3DS stages. Are the two interchangeable or similar in file types? Are his advancements on the Wii U side going to help us in the future regarding 3DS stages?

Yudowat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm aware, which is why I thought I'd ask in the 3DS section regarding 3DS stages. Are the two interchangeable or similar in file types? Are his advancements on the Wii U side going to help us in the future regarding 3DS stages?
While this is for Wii U, im going to be looking at the file types to see if i can import to 3ds easily.

Reactions: Caseyfam

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I know in one of the download packs here, https://gbatemp.net/threads/smash-3ds-texture-hack-thread.417509/#post-6195970 , one of the packs someone made included some Icy versions of the Mario-themed stages...I didn't know how well they worked online though, so I never tried them out...anyone else try them yet?
If you check the github, I was the one who made that icy mushroomy kingdom
Texture hack.

And I feel personally that if when we can do vertex editing for 3ds, will it be different from wii u in any way?

Last edited by WarioTails358,

Yudowat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Unfortunately, the model files used in the 3ds version (bch, mbn, tex) are drastically different than the files used in the wii u version (lvd, nut, nud, xmb) so i dont think ill be able to port it over. Maybe smb123w64gb can do something for the 3ds version... otherwise i think we're out of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here