ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I have experience modding NSMBW, too many nodes crash the game when trying to load the model. Depending on the costume, said model would need to be below a certain number of nodes. Now, I don't know if 3DS games handle it differently, but this is true for games like MKWii, Brawl, and NSMBWii.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Doubt it, and whose Charizard do you have? Mine or SD's? If mine, I know I have the c0x and h0x folders inside of the body folder. If you are using "cachegen" then make sure you repeat the method for everytime you want to take out your sdcard after adding a new file.
I do run it every time I add a new file, and I'm not really sure if it's yours or not. It came in a zip called Smash Pack containing other textures as well like Captain Falcon and Sheik.

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by WarioTails358,

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smash pack should have textures like brawl falcon and dark sheik by shadowluigi.
@ShadowLuigi~NG~ is that what you called your file attachment a few posts back?
For some reason I can't get them to work, or any texture hack really. The file path is saltySD/smash/model/fighter/character name/body/c00 and h00/normal.mbm/normal.bch.

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Damon_girl isn't it normal.mbn not mbm?
And did you try using a cache.bin as well?
I have a texture hack set up for use with saltysd, since it's set up with the right layout and folders maybe you could try it and see if it might work for you?
Here's the texture I made: link:https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8g3cc3lh6vpep3/Sonic.EXE.zip?dl=0
If the texture hack works it means you may have did something wrong when creating the folder layouts since mine are set properly.

Last edited by WarioTails358,

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Damon_girl isn't it normal.mbn not mbm?
Your using a USA game right?
And did you try using a cache.bin as well?
I have a texture hack set up for use with saltysd, since it's set up with the right layout and folders maybe you could try it and see if it might work for you?
Here's the texture I made: link:https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8g3cc3lh6vpep3/Sonic.EXE.zip?dl=0
If the texture hack works it means you may have did something wrong when creating the folder layouts since mine are set properly.
Yes it's normal.mbn. And okay, I'll try it out and see if it works!

Edit: Wow...you linked me to a file I litterally just downloaded a few minutes ago but I didn't use the exact file structure. I'll try and redo it and see if it'll work.

Last edited by Damon_girl,
Reactions: ShadowLuigi~NG~

ShadowLuigi~NG~

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the cachegen method was done right then a cache.bin file should be inside of the "smash" folder. Without creating a new cache for every file, it will not save any new files added.

Pr0gram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try the version in the download on the first page, that's the one I've been using.

Megalegacy98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, can you give me a step by step of what you do after you open the program?
So, I open up Ohana3DS. I press open (on the model tab). First I go to data/ui/model/chara/chara_hand/normal.bch. I open normal.bch. Then, I go to data/model/fighter/falco/body/h00. I open up normal.bch first and I ignore the error. Then I open up normal.mbn and I ignore the error. Then I go to the textures tab. I can preview all textures and export just fine but i can't import.

Pr0gram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I open up Ohana3DS. I press open (on the model tab). First I go to data/ui/model/chara/chara_hand/normal.bch. I open normal.bch. Then, I go to data/model/fighter/falco/body/h00. I open up normal.bch first and I ignore the error. Then I open up normal.mbn and I ignore the error. Then I go to the textures tab. I can preview all textures and export just fine but i can't import.
I think that's your problem right there! After loading "data/ui/model/chara/chara_hand/normal.bch" you need to load the .mbn then the .bch. Try it that way and it should work.

Reactions: Megalegacy98

Pr0gram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To anyone having trouble viewing textures in Ohana 3ds, for characters that have more than 8 textures.

Try using the "normal.bch" in this location "\1.1.X\dataMerged\stage\melee\XCrayon\model\S63_BG".

When you get to the texture after the last real texture Ohana will throw an error, just click continue.

ShadowLuigi~NG~

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To anyone having trouble viewing textures in Ohana 3ds, for characters that have more than 8 textures.

Try using the "normal.bch" in this location "\1.1.X\dataMerged\stage\melee\XCrayon\model\S63_BG".

When you get to the texture after the last real texture Ohana will throw an error, just click continue.

Adding to this, ONLY use the arrow keys. If you click any of the "extra" textures, Ohana3DS gives a different type of error and refuses to let you click any other textures and a box with a red cross blocks them now. You'll have to start over.

Last edited by ShadowLuigi~NG~,
Reactions: Manito

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You forgot a folder

saltysd/smash/model/fighter/ganon/BODY/c06
I have the body folder, I just forgot to type it out in my post.
This is my path. And yes, I made a new cache.bin
E:\saltysd\smash\model\fighter\ganon\body\h06\normal.bch
E:\saltysd\smash\model\fighter\ganon\body\c06\normal.bch
When I load up the black with red hair ganon, it loads the default costume instead of my custom pink ganon.
The textures were imported properly and show up when I load the file with Ohana, they just won't load in game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No I just hate you