ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex_McBladeSword

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the body folder, I just forgot to type it out in my post.
This is my path. And yes, I made a new cache.bin
E:\saltysd\smash\model\fighter\ganon\body\h06\normal.bch
E:\saltysd\smash\model\fighter\ganon\body\c06\normal.bch
When I load up the black with red hair ganon, it loads the default costume instead of my custom pink ganon.
The textures were imported properly and show up when I load the file with Ohana, they just won't load in game.

The default texture as in c00, or c06? If it's loading c00's texture then it's loading from somewhere else for some reason which is a different issue altogether

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. Try changing it to a different slot, like c05 and see if it works
I set it to the default slot and it worked. I don't know why it wasn't working before. :unsure:
Unfortunately for me, the alt I used as a base had too much conflicting color and ended up making looking like crap, so I'm going to remake it using the old guy Ganon alt like I did back in Brawl.
f1f001e79c.JPG

Tex_McBladeSword

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I set it to the default slot and it worked. I don't know why it wasn't working before. :unsure:
Unfortunately for me, the alt I used as a base had too much conflicting color and ended up making looking like crap, so I'm going to remake it using the old guy Ganon alt like I did back in Brawl.

Interesting... Well at least you got it working somewhat

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was able to load non-player models into the game without crashing, although it's not uh... exactly what I was aiming for.
This particular example is SUPPOSED to be Mega Man Volnutt, but... yeah.

I've also managed to load Chrom and Mega Man X, but they had similar issues.

LuigiSmash220

Private Sm4sh modder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I was able to load non-player models into the game without crashing, although it's not uh... exactly what I was aiming for.
This particular example is SUPPOSED to be Mega Man Volnutt, but... yeah.

Bones are more likely the issue

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Who did you load chrom over?

Tex_McBladeSword

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who did you load chrom over?

Marth, but using Cpt. Falcon's moveset. I took marth's c00 / h00 folders, pasted Chrom's files into them while overwriting any old files, and stuck in into captain/body/c00 / h00 (I think I was using slot 7 actually, but that doesnt really matter)

That's how I achieved the above monstrosity. I took Mega Man's c00 / h00 folders, pasted Volnutt's files into them, and stuck em in bayonetta/body/c00 / h00.

I noticed while using X over Falcon (with Mega Man's files, like above) that a textureless model of Mega Man was overlayed behind X and that the move animations were synced to that rather than X. Im not entirely sure which of Mega Man's files contains that model, but I assume it's used exclusively for syncing attack animations to the model

Last edited by Tex_McBladeSword,

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Marth, but using Cpt. Falcon's moveset. I took marth's c00 / h00 folders, pasted Chrom's files into them while overwriting any old files, and stuck in into captain/body/c00 / h00 (I think I was using slot 7 actually, but that doesnt really matter)

That's how I achieved the above monstrosity. I took Mega Man's c00 / h00 folders, pasted Volnutt's files into them, and stuck em in bayonetta/body/c00 / h00.
so you replace any files in Marth's folder for c00 and h00 with chroms and keep the ones that were not overwritten and you stuck that into the captain folder?
Also could you show a pic of chrom over falcon? I'm kind of curious now.

Tex_McBladeSword

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is my eventual goal to make a pretty pink alt for every character in the game that doesn't already have one. Also a White/White&Gold alt.

I'm planning on making Glitch / Matrix-esque skins for everyone myself, starting with this guy
N6CTFzY.jpg

so you replace any files in Marth's folder for c00 and h00 with chroms and keep the ones that were not overwritten and you stuck that into the captain folder?
Also could you show a pic of chrom over falcon? I'm kind of curious now.

Right, so Chrom's 'model.jtb' 'normal.vmt' normal.bch' and 'normal.mbn' went in with Marth's other c00 files while Chrom's 'normal.bch' and normal.mbn' went in with Marth's H00 files.

I don't think I took a picture of that one but I can later, I have some stuff to take care of first

soneek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All my Wii U sound mods are doable on the 3DS. Expanded music, costume specific nus3banks (except for Mii fighters currently), voices for Mii Brawler, Swordfighter, and Gunner. My Music hardcoding for the 3DS version. Stay tuned for finished tools. It's still a WIP.

Costume Specific Soundbanks

16:23. Fierce Deity costume has SoulCalibur II/OoT voice actor, Dark Link has no voice, normal link has TP voice.

1000+ songs, shuffling victor results music

Tex_McBladeSword

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All my Wii U sound mods are doable on the 3DS. Expanded music, costume specific nus3banks (except for Mii fighters currently), voices for Mii Brawler, Swordfighter, and Gunner. My Music hardcoding for the 3DS version. Stay tuned for finished tools. It's still a WIP.

Costume Specific Soundbanks

16:23. Fierce Deity costume has SoulCalibur II/OoT voice actor, Dark Link has no voice, normal link has TP voice.

1000+ songs, shuffling victor results music

Wait you know how to bypass the 2-song limit on 3DS?

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that you can export the mbn files to files types like dae but are importing possible yet? Is it possible to make a playable character by copying the rig skeleton from the original to the new?

I'm asking because I can't try for myself right now

Tex_McBladeSword

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that you can export the mbn files to files types like dae but are importing possible yet? Is it possible to make a playable character by copying the rig skeleton from the original to the new?

I'm asking because I can't try for myself right now

Not that we've found. If we could import the models back in the correct format 90% of our troubles would be taken care of

Yes. It all has to do with sound/config/bgm_mymusic.mmb.

How would one go about opening said file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76bIuU_g6A8