Hacking Slot 2, Cheat Engines, saves, and Game connectivity

Scones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off I realize that this is a very broad question(s) so please forgive me if this is the incorrect forum.
That being said however I have been recently looking into purchasing a slot 2 device (EZ FLASH 3-in-1) to run my GBA collection from, and have a few questions I was hoping someone could answer.

- Is it possible to use action replay or other cheat engine codes on GBA games running from a slot 2 device?

- I understand that some DS games interact with other GBA games inserted into slot 2 (pokemon pal park I believe does this), does this connectivity still work if the game is being run from an EZ FLASH 3-in-1?

- From what I understand there are two ways to run GBA games, one involves dumping the rom onto the slot 2 device and the other just boots it using ram. How are saves stored for either of these methods? Is it possible to transfer the saves between the two?
----------> Say I run the game directly from the slot 2 cart and not ram, If I decide I want to switch my method can I transfer over the save file?

Scones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
First, let me welcome you to GBATemp! Ummm welcome!
smile.gif

Thank you!

QUOTE said:
1. Slot 2 is a very broad definition...
I'm new to the whole DS scene and have only recently managed to configure my slot one device properly so please forgive my ignorance. I understand the patching part, but are you saying there are slot 2 cards that act like slot one? (Where as when I load a game it asks what cheats I would like to enable from a list that I put on the card?)

QUOTE said:
2. Yes the EZ Flash 3 in 1 does support this feature...
Does the EZ flash 3-in-1 have an official site? I'm told that it doesn't come loaded with the necessary files and for the first time google isn't giving me the results I want.

Also where can I DL this patch you speak of?

3. The two places you can burn your ROM....

Ah this I actually understand!

Thank you so much by the way.

Scones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok, I am currently using a Cyclo DS and am looking to buy a slot 2 card that would allow me to run my GBA games smoothly while still keeping that connectivity that the Pokemon games use.

Cheats are just an added bonus.

What card would you recommend for this?

Also one game at a time? I thought GBA roms were stored on slot 1 and just booted using slot 2, that way you could store your whole GBA library.

Scones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah thank you, you've been such a big help.

I think ill go with the 3-in-1 then, I can live without cheats and should a file need patching I'm sure a few hours on google will inevitably turn something up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm