Slot 2, Cheat Engines, saves, and Game connectivity

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Scones, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Scones
    OP

Newcomer Scones Member

United States
    First off I realize that this is a very broad question(s) so please forgive me if this is the incorrect forum.
    That being said however I have been recently looking into purchasing a slot 2 device (EZ FLASH 3-in-1) to run my GBA collection from, and have a few questions I was hoping someone could answer.

- Is it possible to use action replay or other cheat engine codes on GBA games running from a slot 2 device?

- I understand that some DS games interact with other GBA games inserted into slot 2 (pokemon pal park I believe does this), does this connectivity still work if the game is being run from an EZ FLASH 3-in-1?

- From what I understand there are two ways to run GBA games, one involves dumping the rom onto the slot 2 device and the other just boots it using ram. How are saves stored for either of these methods? Is it possible to transfer the saves between the two?
    ----------> Say I run the game directly from the slot 2 cart and not ram, If I decide I want to switch my method can I transfer over the save file?

2. Scones
    OP

Newcomer Scones Member

United States
    Ah this I actually understand!

Thank you so much by the way.

3. Scones
    OP

Newcomer Scones Member

United States
    Ah ok, I am currently using a Cyclo DS and am looking to buy a slot 2 card that would allow me to run my GBA games smoothly while still keeping that connectivity that the Pokemon games use.

Cheats are just an added bonus.

What card would you recommend for this?

Also one game at a time? I thought GBA roms were stored on slot 1 and just booted using slot 2, that way you could store your whole GBA library.

4. Scones
    OP

Newcomer Scones Member

United States
    Ah thank you, you've been such a big help.

I think ill go with the 3-in-1 then, I can live without cheats and should a file need patching I'm sure a few hours on google will inevitably turn something up.