Hacking Slot 2 cart that allows music playback?

Brian117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey people,

Sooner or later, I'm looking to finally purchase a Slot 2 cart for my DS Lite. But what I really want is for the Slot 2 cart to hold my music, and nothing else.

That is basically the only thing I would like a Slot 2 cart for. Because my EDGE's 4GB MicroSD is stuffed, and I can't put more than 10 songs on it to play via Moonshell. But please don't say buy a bigger MicroSD. Because that is not going to happen. =/ Also, I understand that a Slot 2 will need a MicroSD card to read off, and I happen to have a 2GB laying around I can use.

This is where I am hoping there's a Slot 2 cart out there that can also run Moonshell, and allow me to play my music.

I would really like to have my games and music in one handheld. I hate lugging around my PSP to play music when I know the DS is capable of doing it.

So my main question is...Are there any Slot 2 flashcarts that supports music playback, and not just GBA roms?

I don't know much about Slot 2 carts as you can see, because I have never owned one.

Thanks in advance!

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much any slot-2 device with its own SD slot can do this, since you can use your EDGE as a NoPass to boot the slot-2 device in DS mode, from which point you can launch Moonshell from the slot-2's menu. Alternatively, if you DLDI patch the Moonshell.nds file for the slot-2 device and then run it through DLDI-noautopatch to prevent the EDGE from automatically overwriting the patch, you can run that from the EDGE menu and not have to bother with the slot-2 menu (the "moonshl" folder still needs to be on the slot-2 card for this to work).

Some carts that will work include the slot-2 Supercard series (heck, even the Rumble series would work here, though you wouldn't have any GBA compatibility that way), the EZ-Flash IV, M3 Lite, etc.

Just be warned that slot-2 devices don't support SDHC so the max card size you can use with them is 2 GB. Since that's what you've already got, you're fine, but don't try to get a bigger one.

Brian117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh cool. Thanks much for the info Dan. It helped lots.

I guess the one I'm going for is the EZFlash 3 in 1.
smile.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Confirming the RUMBLE card works fine
smile.gif

Although would avoid the 3 in 1 as its only got a tiny amount of ram for GBA or temporary usage for Opera browser go for something like the EZ IV card or any supecard that can use an SD card and not an EPROM chip otherwise your not going to be able to get music on there!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: