Hacking Slot-1 SUPERCARD NEWS!!!

HelloKitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting... I was going to get a slot1 device soon.. but now I don't know which to get
smile.gif

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the Nintendo DS Browser hack should be able to work if a SLOT-2 Supercard device is inserted along with this new SLOT-1 card?

AOforever1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Dec 12 2006, 05:02 PM)]So the Nintendo DS Browser hack should be able to work if a SLOT-2 Supercard device is inserted along with this new SLOT-1 card?
I'd like to assume that as well... we shall see.
SC Slot-1 here we come!

Verocity

Ö!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Intresting. Slot 1 is growing rapidly, very nice to know, I want to wait and see the EZ5 and this Supercard slot 1 duke it out. Can't wait for another one of GBATemps awesome reviews!
yaynds.gif

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
that's funny I just went back to the original post to this thread, and I don't see where it say that anywhere.

If youre gonna quote something, get it right.

What it does say is:

"There is a SuperCard DS software, you do not need to use it. But if you use the software, SuperCard DS can support more powerful function, such as RESET, infinity save space etc ."

all this means is that if you want extra features like soft reset, more save slots than the game usually allows, rumble in games that didn't have to begin with (assuming youre using a SCLR in the Slot2), then youre gonna have to patch the rom. I think its great theyre giving us the option, because I didn't want to lose the ability to soft reset back the SC menu without needing to turn my DS off-on. I use that feature now on my SCL, and I;m excited that it will continue to be available. I asked once on the DS-X forums if their cart could do that and the reply was more or less "Nope. Deal."

Supercard has always done a good job for me so far, so I'll probably end up buying 2 or 3 of these (I'm not the only one in my house that uses a DS - I'm just the only one with the $$
tongue.gif
)

You're right Hanafuda, and that's is exactly what I understood. What I'm trying to say is if that will be the only reason to patch: additional features. That is not clear. Consider the following statement it comes from the EZ Flash V announcement. You'll agree there are similarities:

"Dual read mode: CLEAN and HYBRID. CLEAN means just drag the rom to card and play. HYBRID means EZ5 supporting the modified rom for further function, include softreset and cheat. it also provides ***improved compatiblity***, such as boost the readspeed. ***no lag*** can be feeled even you have a low speed microsd card."

So ok I agree the SD announcement doesn't talk about compatibility explicitly, but it sound the same for me: "it is possible some games require patching for improved compatibility".

SaltyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huzzah! This means that DS-X will have to lower their prices if they wish to compete. I have a SCSD but I would rather have the DS-X since 1. its been out longer and 2. no removable parts. So, DS-X lower your prices to compete or I will be getting the SC slot 1
lecture.gif

HelloKitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huzzah! This means that DS-X will have to lower their prices if they wish to compete. I have a SCSD but I would rather have the DS-X since 1. its been out longer and 2. no removable parts. So, DS-X lower your prices to compete or I will be getting the SC slot 1Â
lecture.gif

supercard is cheaper becuase it doesn't have built in memory

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huzzah! This means that DS-X will have to lower their prices if they wish to compete. I have a SCSD but I would rather have the DS-X since 1. its been out longer and 2. no removable parts. So, DS-X lower your prices to compete or I will be getting the SC slot 1 
lecture.gif

supercard is cheaper becuase it doesn't have built in memory

true, but if the SC-DS sells for $50, add another $25-30 for 1GB microSD, and youre still $40-$45 dollars less than the DS-X, and with twice the capacity.

DS-X will have to cut prices or add capacity, or both, if they want to keep selling once EZ, SC, and M3/G6 all launch their Slot1's.

This is me till I get this thing (made for me by onekelly at scdev)

C'mon! C'monnnn!!!!!
334755wiisouthparkfd2copy.jpg

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully I get this is what I have been hoping for, I was hoping for a slot-1, slot-2 combo. For example: SC Slot-1 with a slot-2 EZ Flash IV (the good GBA support), so I'll be able to get "full functionality" by interchanging between the two.

What I mean by "full functionality"? Simply put, near full compatible homebrew, near full GBA, and nearly complete NDS functionality (expandability, 'perfect' speeds, download play :
laugh.gif
:, seamless save, and whatever is full of sunshine and puppies). Battery life is always an issue. I know it sounds expensive, but it should work in theory!

Can anybody else think of a better combo that satisfies these criteria?
unsure.gif

PURPLEMUSTANG

Trophies
XP
Country
I will be buying this card as soon as it comes out.As with my supercard sd,the supercard team has provided fast updates and great support for their products.
So compatibility issues is not a problem with them.

ghettobob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
334755wiisouthparkfd2copy.jpg

coolieo picture.

I cant wait for these slot-1 devices to come out.
I'll just go for M3 or SC slot-1 all these other ones I dont really care about. Unless they are like 1000x better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay