That-Guy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.chrislowthian.co.uk
XP
Country
OK I have had an 8gb R4 Upgrade Revolution Card for a few months and its been no problems at all I have just got another card exactly the same (identical memory card too) but it takes almost 2 mins to load games, where as the old card takes about 4 secs.

I have tried formating the car (fast and slow) and have re-downloading the software and re-added the games but nothing seems to make it run faster.

I don't understand what is causing the speed problems.

They are both runing the latest software (1.16)

The card is this one:
http://www.r4i.co.uk/shop/r4/r4-sdhc-card-...or-y-card/12311

The software its running is the top one here:
http://www.r4i.co.uk/r4

Anyone got any ideas/fixes for the slow speed problems? Also is there any other software I can run on the card instead which may help?

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if your card is compatible(meaning it's a R4 clone)then try YSMenu with the latest infolib,to improve game loading speeds.Also in reformatting try pansonic or the official one(not Windows)

note:to any one who knows,can you name the AK2i clones with R4 with its name?for reference

That-Guy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.chrislowthian.co.uk
XP
Country
lolzed said:
if your card is compatible(meaning it's a R4 clone)then try YSMenu with the latest infolib,to improve game loading speeds.Also in reformatting try pansonic or the official one(not Windows)

note:to any one who knows,can you name the AK2i clones with R4 with its name?for reference

Just checked on the website and entered their unique codes and they passed as genuine so does that mean I can't use YSMenu?

Also just tried the panasonic formatter which has not made any difference.

QUOTE(Arp1 @ Feb 20 2010, 03:04 AM) Maybe ones a better clone then the other? R4 Clones are horrible anyways.

As above they both passed validation with their unique (valid) codes.

Anyone have any other ideas?

wannawanna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem- turned out to be the memory card. I was using a PNY and the PNY worked fine on my Acekard but ran really slow on my R4 clone no matter how I formatted it. I would suggest trying a diffrent mSD if you have any around (Sandisk, Kingston, etc).

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
That-Guy said:
lolzed said:

Just checked on the website and entered their unique codes and they passed as genuine so does that mean I can't use YSMenu?

QUOTE(Arp1 @ Feb 20 2010, 03:04 AM) Maybe ones a better clone then the other? R4 Clones are horrible anyways.

What you mean inputted codes on website? Anyway your r4 IS a clone. They havent made real ones in almost 2 years.

That-Guy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.chrislowthian.co.uk
XP
Country
Sir-Fritz said:
That-Guy said:
lolzed said:

What you mean inputted codes on website? Anyway your r4 IS a clone. They havent made real ones in almost 2 years.

You peel off the sticker and enter it here: http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/searchen.asp

I tried a different code (one I made up) and it said there was an error so I know the system works.

That-Guy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.chrislowthian.co.uk
XP
Country
wannawanna said:
I had the same problem- turned out to be the memory card. I was using a PNY and the PNY worked fine on my Acekard but ran really slow on my R4 clone no matter how I formatted it. I would suggest trying a diffrent mSD if you have any around (Sandisk, Kingston, etc).

Thats the other strange thing. Both memory cards are identical.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The plastic on the outside is the same, however, there are circumstances that can cause one to run slower than the other. Try switching the sd cards around and see if it still loads slow. At least you can definately say its the cart or the SD card.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
How many games do you have on your card?

Too much information on your card can sometimes slow them up, if you have loads of games try seperating them into different folders.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That-Guy said:
Sir-Fritz said:
That-Guy said:
lolzed said:

You peel off the sticker and enter it here: http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/searchen.asp

I tried a different code (one I made up) and it said there was an error so I know the system works.

It is a Clone R4, it's genuine in the fact thats its not a clone of the R4 upgrade but it is a clone of the Original R4

Sometimes clones are just terrible sometimes they get the job done, the build quality is inconsistent and so as you said one might work fine but another might not work at all, if i were you i would invest in a more reliable card. There are many thread telling you which card to choose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1